NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

• 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
9 minutes ago, arieslokuts said:

Hi could you modify the bios of my 780m from a g750jh ..?  I would like to unlock to overclock ..    GK104.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey could you help me to mod my vBios on Asus rog GL551JW 860m 2gb? For some reason I'm unable to extract the vbios, if you have interest in helping me, ill try my best in extracting vbios.

Edited by rradij

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with an unlocked vbios for my Dell M4800. It has a K2100m, limited it 135Mhz.

Here is a Screenshot of GPU-z and Inspector: https://imgur.com/a/RiKfQPv

vbios is attached. 

Maybe @Klem can help if hes not too busy with other projects?

GK106_k2100m_DELL.rom

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

Maybe @Klem can help if hes not too busy with other projects?

Hi!

Ok. Your vBIOS with unlocked Nvidia limit +135 MHz done. Check your PM.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Your vBIOS with unlocked Nvidia limit +135 MHz done. Check your PM.

Thank you Klem, Your a beast! Just got to working on it a bit ago. Works great, and the voltage is adjustable too now.

Here is a screenshot under furmark: https://imgur.com/a/q0QsVoS

I was also wondering about one other thing. I have an Alienware 18 that I have flashed with the 780M OC edition vbios (im not sure which revision though.)

I did not notice any gains in any benchmarks, im not sure if its the bios (I was on A14 and reverted back to A12), but I have not seen any gains.

I attached the original rom and the one I flashed.

ORIGINAL.ROM

OC.rom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
12 minutes ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

I did not notice any gains in any benchmarks, im not sure if its the bios (I was on A14 and reverted back to A12), but I have not seen any gains.

I think that you can see any gains only after you will overclock your card in Nvidia Inspector.

9 minutes ago, Klem said:

I think that you can see any gains only after you will overclock your card in Nvidia Inspector.

My bad, I forgot to mention that I overclocked it in Nvidia inspector, I just see very small gains. and any time I go any higher than 950~ (even with voltage adjusted adequately) something fails, either the benchmark or windows.

Temps and everything are good, even did a repaste on the GPU dies.

• Bios Modder
11 minutes ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

My bad, I forgot to mention that I overclocked it in Nvidia inspector, I just see very small gains. and any time I go any higher than 950~ (even with voltage adjusted adequately) something fails, either the benchmark or windows.

Temps and everything are good, even did a repaste on the GPU dies.

Silicon - it's a lottery, some cards can be overclocked more, but some just a little bit only. I think that may be your GTX 780M can't be overclock more then 950 or 940 MHz. It's normal.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Silicon - it's a lottery, some cards can be overclocked more, but some just a little bit only. I think that may be your GTX 780M can't be overclock more then 950 or 940 MHz. It's normal.

Pretty weird honestly. Never had that much bad luck in the past haha, thought maybe the PSU or something else honestly

This card overclocks like crazy though lolhttps://imgur.com/a/p5UGqFD

Dell XPS 15 L521X - 640m

I'm looking for a temperature limit mod, to raise the GPU throttle level in bios A14 to the levels in A04. I tried the Kepler bios tweaker though it lacks temperature options. NiBiTor is too outdated to support this model. If it can be completely unlocked then this would be great, though the temperature tweak is most important. I did try to see in nvflash would work, while it can see the Nvidia adapter it does not recognise the EEPROM thus will not dump or write directly. Though I am unsure if the temperature limit is set within the vBios at all, since L521X bios A06 is when the temperature limit got nerfed and locked at 80°C, though a direct hex compare of the vBios of A04 & A06 finds them both to be identical. The attached Roms are the extracted vBios versions.

Any helpers?

A14.rom

A06.rom

A04.rom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy all even though this is my first post here I am wanting a bit of help with this K3000M (Dell) as I am testing the card in a much older Alienware M17X R1 (yes that R1 from 2009) with success thus far however I would like to overclock the card. Been reading around and no one after all the years bothered to try the card but sure enough it works in Win 10 without needing to mod the drivers.

GK104.rom

Edited by nforce4max
typo

• 2 weeks later...

I'll hopefully try undervolting my 880m soon. Has anybody had much success in doing so? Unfortunately I don't see a wattage reading from Afterburner or Hardware Info so I don't know how much power my card is actually consuming, but I would be interested in a % power saving from undervolting at stock speed.

hello, I have k5000m in my dell m6600, can some one send me a bios without throttling issue. I try svl7 bios but no luck. Some one on page 74 have a similar problem and he used 80.04.12.00.03 rev01 version but I can't find it now. My card came with bios 80.04.5A.00.05. Can I use HP version in dell?

Edited by alamo888

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone, new here.

I happen to have a dead Clevo P377sm-a with a gtx 880m 8GB (posted on this forum for help on that too in Clevo Forums but i have little hope it will work again). at the same time i have a MSI GT702PC dominator pro laptop too with a GTX 870m 6gb, so i decided to use the Clevo 88m in MSI, which i had previously checked in the MSI after flashing it with a MSI vBios and found to be working fine except for some throttling so i put it back with the original Clevo vBios on it. However upon installing it in the MSI the windows only detects it as a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and i am unable to install the drivers. Also i am not able to see the GPU in the bios too.

My question is, do i need to have the card flashed with MSI vBios even before i install it into the MSI? or i can flash the vBios onto it even if its not detected in Windows (i am preparing a Dos Bootable USB for flashing the vBios as i'm typping this). Because if its the former case.....then i do not have any working Clevo laptop in which i can flash that 880m with a MSI vBios so i reall need to get it done while its inside the MSI laptop.

Any guidance on whatever i am doing wrong here will  be greatly appreciated, ALSO can someone point me towards the right modded vBios for the 880m? i am looking for Stability, no power throttling and I'm also not interested in overclocking.

• 2 weeks later...