NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I upgraded from gtx 560m. I was thinking to buy that model and to put liquid ultra. I think ill get the score after ill reaolve the temp throttling. The score increased fron 4000 to 6669 after the driver

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cool, well I've given you the part numbers for the 100W heatsink, I think you should get that heatsink & make sure it's padded up properly to accurately fit your 880M - that's the crucial part (the padding) because it allows the chips to be covered, but also determines whether the heatsink will sit flush & flat on the GPU core - if the padding is uneven (too thick in places) it won't be able to sit flat on the GPU core.

• Bios Modder
Cool, well I've given you the part numbers for the 100W heatsink, I think you should get that heatsink & make sure it's padded up properly to accurately fit your 880M - that's the crucial part (the padding) because it allows the chips to be covered, but also determines whether the heatsink will sit flush & flat on the GPU core - if the padding is uneven (too thick in places) it won't be able to sit flat on the GPU core.

In this case, does not big matters what the power of the heatsink(75 or 100W), but the internal shape, arrangement and shape of the alluminium little projections there on.

Heatsink for 560M differs from heatsink 880M with configurations alluminium little projections. Now some VRM on the 880M have overheating in his laptop.

In this case, does not big matters what the power of the heatsink(75 or 100W), but the internal shape, arrangement and shape of the alluminium little projections there on.

Heatsink for 560M differs from heatsink 880M with configurations alluminium little projections. Now some VRM on the 880M have overheating in his laptop.

Perhaps, he might be having problems with this one chip that is not covered by these heatsinks. I had to use layers of thermal padding to 'extend' the heatsink to cover one of the chips. It's possible that the 880M places more of a demand on that chip than say my overclocked 670MX, and considering he probably hasn't even covered that chip at all, then this might be causing issues. Here's the pic of the thermal pads I layered up to cover the 'problem chip' (layout of 880M is the same), I have the same heatsink as him (560M):

post-14345-14495000358702_thumb.jpg

(I hadn't remembered to consider this as a possible reason for his throttling problems when I recommended he buy the 100W heatsink) @Kedawg, see if you can cover that chip that's in my photo - that might help your issue.

It is covered but not like that:(... ill try to make it like that

I just tried to cover that chip as best I could, and that was the only way I could work out. I was wanting to fix a strip of metal across it but the clearance between the heatsink and that chip is less than 1mm, so there wasn't enough room to use metal strips & thermal pads, just had to stick with the thermal pads. If you can think of a better way to do it, then do that by all means, because my job is a bit of a botch job, but it does seem to take some heat away from that chip because the top of the thermal pad stack does get hot to the touch during use, so it is drawing heat away from that chip. (I've been running it like that with a heavy overclock for nearly 2 yrs now - no sign of failing card or instability)

:) welll... the best solution is to buy the v1k2g... allready talk with the guy that sold me the gtx880m and he's trying to find it at he's supplier. If not, I'm going to buy one from eBay.... trying not to use it as much until I'll get the heatsink....

Better safe than sorry :)....

Can you tell me how can I enable the hd audio from bios and the pc not to freez ?

:) welll... the best solution is to buy the v1k2g... allready talk with the guy that sold me the gtx880m and he's trying to find it at he's supplier. If not, I'm going to buy one from eBay.... trying not to use it as much until I'll get the heatsink....

Better safe than sorry :)....

Can you tell me how can I enable the hd audio from bios and the pc not to freez ?

Are you sure the V1K2G heatsink covers that chip we're talking about?

Yep, about the HD audio, follow j95's instructions in Post #92 at the following thread:

Alienware M17x R3 460M to 780M - Questions/Concerns | Page 10 | NotebookReview

So i have this type of heatsink oj9h7x according to eurocom it is a 100w heatsink... stll not covering the cip. I after some searching the v1k2g i think wouldn't cover it. Any idea of a model of a heatsink for grx880m that is fitting in the r3

So i have this type of heatsink oj9h7x according to eurocom it is a 100w heatsink... stll not covering the cip. I after some searching the v1k2g i think wouldn't cover it. Any idea of a model of a heatsink for grx880m that is fitting in the r3

That seems strange that you have that heatsink part number for your M17xR3, as oj9h7x is not listed as a M17xR3 heatsink in the lists I've been able to find. In fact, 0j9h7x only appears as an M17xR4 100W heatsink on ebay (there may be other occurrences on the internet, but a quick search only yielded the following ebay listing):

Alienware M17x R4 Primary 100W Heatsink | eBay

I have heard I think that the M17xR4 heatsinks are compatible with the R3 though, I think it's because the chassis of the R3 & R4 are the same, just the motherboard is different. If you have that 100W heatsink oj9h7x, then I think you're best off just trying to cover that chip as best you can. The heatsink for the 680M for the R4 is the best most compatible heatsink I think you could get for your 880M, and it looks like that's the heatsink you have based on that ebay link I showed you.

So the red square is the cip that is not covered by the heatsink. It's one and a half cip that is free. The sec picture is the gtx 560m that i upgraded from. I found unde the 560m a thermat pad large one that it was pasted on the mother bord. Should i keep it pasted there or should i remove it?

I am asking this cause i did not this in the thermal pad in any video tutorial of upgrading on the web

So the red square is the cip that is not covered by the heatsink. It's one and a half cip that is free. The sec picture is the gtx 560m that i upgraded from. I found unde the 560m a thermat pad large one that it was pasted on the mother bord. Should i keep it pasted there or should i remove it?

I am asking this cause i did not this in the thermal pad in any video tutorial of upgrading on the web

I think you should leave the big thermal pad on the motherboard, it's there to cover the VRAM on the bottom of the card - check that it's positioned to contact the VRAM chips ok, should be - I left it there when I upgraded to 670MX.

Yes, that's correct the chip you circled in red is the problem chip, you can see from my pic I showed you yesterday how I covered that chip. You could try something similar to what I did before buying a new heatsink. If you do decide to get a new heatsink try to get a Dell M17xR4 heatsink that's been used on a 680M, because it's more likely that the red circled chip will be covered - same layout between 880M and 680M.

So i called eurocom service and they did not know what it will be ok to cover that chip... tryed a newer driver and not working... massive throttling.

First step i think is to buy new thermal pads and liquid metal paste and then test my temps. Now in iddle them is 48 degrees and in full load goes up 2 93 sometimes.... i'm not going to play anything until I get the new thermal pad and paste.

• Thumbs Up 1

So i called eurocom service and they did not know what it will be ok to cover that chip... tryed a newer driver and not working... massive throttling.

First step i think is to buy new thermal pads and liquid metal paste and then test my temps. Now in iddle them is 48 degrees and in full load goes up 2 93 sometimes.... i'm not going to play anything until I get the new thermal pad and paste.

Well I didn't realise your GPU was getting up to 93 degC on the core, that's a big problem. Although I think you also showed throttling happening when you were at a lower core temp as well. I don't know, either way you need to sort out the ridiculous 93 degC. Need to repaste for sure, and sounds like thermal pad placement is wrong if you're getting 93 degC (not sitting flat on the GPU core). I think you need to redo the whole thing. I don't think I can suggest anything else apart from all the things I've already advised in all my previous posts anyway - good luck, I hope you manage to solve it.

• Thumbs Up 1

guys please help I do not know what to do and does not want to spoil your laptop. you know the answer to my question.

What I need is to download bios tweak its GTX 765m in Clevo ?? I have to choose 2 and did not know Which will be good someone point to me , and tell wherein they differ from one another

?? I have 2 choose from dela but that will fit the Clevo

guys please help I do not know what to do and does not want to spoil your laptop. you know the answer to my question.

What I need is to download bios tweak its GTX 765m in Clevo ?? I have to choose 2 and did not know Which will be good someone point to me , and tell wherein they differ from one another

?? I have 2 choose from dela but that will fit the Clevo

Yep, I noticed there were 2 versions of the 765M vBIOS on here: one for the Alienware 17, and one for the Alienware 14. Historically, it looks like Dell, MSI, and Clevo vBIOS are often interchangeable based on svl7's first (or second) post in this thread where he says for instance that the 880M vBIOS is suitable for Dell/MSI/Clevo. There is a note about P1xxHM Clevo users needing to be careful about using a certain 680M vBIOS version, but there's nothing there about your Clevo model. I would google you model number along with 'modified vBIOS' to see if there are any issues that other users have had by switching to a different vBIOS, otherwise I would have thought either of the Alienware 765M vBIOS would work on your laptop.

Now I have another question to flash a modded Bios...I have use the Nvidia Kepler Bios Tweaker... mhh I changed my Clock Core Speed to 875 MHz but I can't changed my clock with oc tools, what is the failure -.- Sry but wcan I flash the 80.06.54.00.13 'OC edition' rev02.zip with NvFlash over the desktop (not with USB) ? But can't download this file, need more post or anyone other link ? xD

Hello guys !

So tomorrow my liquid pro and phobya xt 0.5 are coming.

Should I use 0.5 or stack them to 1 mm?

You'll have to stack up the pads to the correct height for whatever chips you're covering - so that the heatsink sits level. So it can't be answered whether you need to use 0.5 or 1mm pads. My 560M heatsink only uses 0.5mm pads in one place - the place where they were before when I had the 560M installed - I'm guessing you can leave those ones there based on the fact that fits with my 670MX. I used 1mm pads everywhere else & stacked them up to make them the right height where needed. I re-used the VRAM pads from the 560M, and just shifted their position slightly to better cover the VRAM chips of the 670MX. Your 880M won't be much different (same chip layout as the 670MX apart from more VRAM chips).

I have seen in a picture that is should use 0.5 ... that is why i was asking:) . Ty

Well, you can use 0.5mm pads & stack them, but you probably get better heat transfer efficiency by stacking 1mm pads, because then you don't need to stack to so many together, and the interface join between each pad would decrease heat transfer slightly I would think. I didn't need to use 0.5mm pads anywhere, apart from leaving the existing 0.5mm pads in the same position, and I think I stacked a few 1mm pads on top of the 0.5mm pads in some areas, can't remember exactly. The 0.5mm pads are the ones that were in contact the with the big square raised inductors.

• Brian featured this topic