NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

so a few days ago i flashed my both 780's and its amazin! i also changed the thermalpaste from the gpu's and cpu to coolaboratory liquid ultra.

my cards running fine with 1075mhz core / 3000mhz mem (6000effective) @ +75mv. temperatures hanging arround 81°C while playing Crysis 3 Ultra Settings and 2xMSAA and i got ~65 fps avg.

i also overclocked my 4700mq to 103.5 BCLK to reach 3720mhz on the first core. all cores active it runs on 3515mhz always and temperatures are ~68-70°C an full load. (:

d4nger which laptop do you have? I have a MSI GT70 and I want to know if you flashed a MSI 780M. how did you flash it? I want to know the program to do it (through DOS usb I supose) and the commands to do it safe. Also to backup my previous bios before flashing.

if somebody can help me and has a MSI GT60/GT70 and did it you are welcome to help me.

so a few days ago i flashed my both 780's and its amazin! i also changed the thermalpaste from the gpu's and cpu to coolaboratory liquid ultra.

my cards running fine with 1075mhz core / 3000mhz mem (6000effective) @ +75mv. temperatures hanging arround 81°C while playing Crysis 3 Ultra Settings and 2xMSAA and i got ~65 fps avg.

i also overclocked my 4700mq to 103.5 BCLK to reach 3720mhz on the first core. all cores active it runs on 3515mhz always and temperatures are ~68-70°C an full load. (:

Hello and thank you ahead of time,

Recently I purchased a MSI GT70 Dominator Pro laptop with a nVidia GeForce GTX 880m graphics card in it, and i have been having some issues that I believe are all heat related. While gaming primarily in World of Warcraft ocasionally when there is a lot of things on the screen or effects my fps will drop from 60(vsync is on) down to about 8-10 fps. During this time the fans in laptop hit high gear and abfter about 20-30 seconds all is well and I'm back to my 60fps. Temperatures are always around the 74-76c when I check but I can see that my max at one point or another was 92-93c which is I'm guessing a cut off point for the card.

I have been scouring the Internet to find a fix for this and was curious if the unlocked vBIOS for the GTX 880m would work for my issues. I have it downloaded and am preparing to backup my current vBIO, but I have never done something like this before, and I wanted to see what you experts thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i have an AW18 but the steps to flash are the same. just care if u run sli, then u have to flash separately.

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

this will have all information u need for flashing your 780m (; but be carefull!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello and thank you ahead of time,

Recently I purchased a MSI GT70 Dominator Pro laptop with a nVidia GeForce GTX 880m graphics card in it, and i have been having some issues that I believe are all heat related. While gaming primarily in World of Warcraft ocasionally when there is a lot of things on the screen or effects my fps will drop from 60(vsync is on) down to about 8-10 fps. During this time the fans in laptop hit high gear and abfter about 20-30 seconds all is well and I'm back to my 60fps. Temperatures are always around the 74-76c when I check but I can see that my max at one point or another was 92-93c which is I'm guessing a cut off point for the card.

I have been scouring the Internet to find a fix for this and was curious if the unlocked vBIOS for the GTX 880m would work for my issues. I have it downloaded and am preparing to backup my current vBIO, but I have never done something like this before, and I wanted to see what you experts thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sounds like your card throttles down cause of temperature. the modded vbios will disable this but i think if your card is running in the 90'tees °c then you really should change your thermal paste on it!

before u flash i would put some liquid ultra thermal paste on it and watch out how high the temps are. if they are fine u can flash. but only have two 780's, i dont know that the percentage of a successfull flash on the 880m is :D

but if u do all steps right i think it will run fine.

either set your NVidia control panel to use high performance settings and tweak some other options as well as force the dedicated card to be used ive had problems with the intel card trying to take over here and there but never know might be a driver problem

hi, I just flash my 770m sli on clevo p570wm3 and I lost my internal LCD. thanks god the DVI port still working. is there anything I should have done before or after flashing? or something else went wrong?

infact it is not working in EFI mode in when csm is enabled it is ok.

Help please

After upgrading the vbios of my 780M in my MSI GT70-0nc with this kepler 780MOC my laptop freezes in the boot. I see the press F11 boot menu and Del to enter bios but nothing works.

I would like at least to run in dos mode to upload the backup 780m bios rom but I can't!!!!!

thanks in advance, I don't know what to do.

guys finally i have a question and i need some help :D i have liquid ultra on my both 780m's, the temps in idle are around 47°C and with non overclock both cards reach in games (like BF4 or Skyrim, whatelse) 76°C max. its all okay so far.

the point is, i am able to run the second card on 1050mhz Core with +37,5mv Stable. but on the first card, for already 950mhz i need like +50mv or +62,5mv to get it stable so i have to run separately overclocks ;( what is your opinion to that?

for me it sounds like the first card is just a bad modell.

and now the second point!

with these overclocks i listed above, the second card runs cool at 78-80°C max BF4. but the first card wich clock and voltage is pretty lower, runs at 82-85°C O.O?? (u must recognize that i have an alienware 18 and the first card has a lot more room to let the heat out while the second card is sitting nearly the cpu so there is more heat) but how can the first card be hotter? maybe some of u have ideas? and of course the heatsinks are installed right and i used exactly the same ammount of liquid ultra on both GPU's.

sry for the long text :D and thanks.

I read that there are problems with the GTX 880M. I need to flash the mod svl7 vbios? Thank you..

No problems for me with a Clevo P377SM-A with dual 880M's

Anyone had stability issues using modded vbios and 880m?

Got 2 x 880m in SLI but no matter if SLI is enabled or not my M18xR2 is freezing often with black screen.

No problems for me with a Clevo P377SM-A with dual 880M's. You'll have to wait for someone with an Alienware. For the black screen part you mean running the laptop without external power only battery? Yeah the custom bios doesn't downclock properly and the nvidia drivers will crash if you run on battery that's why you have a black screen. Apart from that everything runs perfect in my part. The battery part kinda sucks.. Hopefully it will be corrected by svl7

No problems for me with a Clevo P377SM-A with dual 880M's

No problems for me with a Clevo P377SM-A with dual 880M's. You'll have to wait for someone with an Alienware. For the black screen part you mean running the laptop without external power only battery? Yeah the custom bios doesn't downclock properly and the nvidia drivers will crash if you run on battery that's why you have a black screen. Apart from that everything runs perfect in my part. The battery part kinda sucks.. Hopefully it will be corrected by svl7

I need to flash vBios mod? The GTX 880M will work better and the temperature will be less? Thank you.

• Brian featured this topic