Acer Aspire V3-5xx series - BIOS mods for higher Nvidia GT640m clocks

svl7

Thanks for your time and effort but I'm already on 2.14 :'(

Modified version of BIOS v2.13 is up here.

Instructions:

- Make sure you're on v2.13.

- Grab this flash tool, run the included .bat file to create a backup of your current BIOS.

- Use the tool provided by me (link at the beginning of the post) to prepare your BIOS image for flashing. You need to have your bios dump in the same folder, run the tool and follow the instructions.

- Flash the created file with the FPT tool, use this command: "-f v213modFix.bin -bios"

If it comes up with an error, let me know and I'll post more instructions.

Yeah, I do... :PHere's my donation link. Cheers!

Could you create one for me?

I'm using an Acer Aspire V3- 471G with an Nvidia Geforce GT 640m Currently at 844 Mhz, which never breaks 85'C, in an average ambient room temperature of 25-28'C.

Here is a link to my Bios version (2.11).

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.11_A_A.zip?acerid=634974748880503014&Step1=Notebook,%20Ultrabook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20V3-471G&OS=8cn1&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6

SVL7:

I'm having the same issues that DavidGreen is having on the bios request 4 page thread. I'm using 2.13 bios and its a series 6 chip with win8 UEFI. I got the same error code 104 2 device SPI error. I know I can edit the fparts.txt file and paste what you said. However do you know if the issue got resolved? Is there a resolution to this or is your 'not preferred' method of USB flash the only option with this? Thanks!

SVL7:

I'm having the same issues that DavidGreen is having on the bios request 4 page thread. I'm using 2.13 bios and its a series 6 chip with win8 UEFI. I got the same error code 104 2 device SPI error. I know I can edit the fparts.txt file and paste what you said. However do you know if the issue got resolved? Is there a resolution to this or is your 'not preferred' method of USB flash the only option with this? Thanks!

I flashed vmodded 2.13 using DOS and modded fpart file, like I said.. it's not working properly... I'm having issues like base turbo boost frequency set to 405mhz for core clock and 405 momory..

ahhhh thank you David. I got the backup & dump and everything to work now. I'm using the 64bit program to try to install the 213mod but it gave me a error 28 (need to use DOS, like you said). However, I think I'll wait. Could you let me know if you get anything accomplished? I would appreciate it. Let me know if I can assist too!

FYI if it helps: Got error 28 when trying fptw64 -f v213biosmod.bin -bios through an elevated CMD window. IT said " PDR and GBE region do not exist". Again, might be a windows vs dos thing. Thought i'd say regardless.

ahhhh thank you David. I got the backup & dump and everything to work now. I'm using the 64bit program to try to install the 213mod but it gave me a error 28 (need to use DOS, like you said). However, I think I'll wait. Could you let me know if you get anything accomplished? I would appreciate it. Let me know if I can assist too!

FYI if it helps: Got error 28 when trying fptw64 -f v213biosmod.bin -bios through an elevated CMD window. IT said " PDR and GBE region do not exist". Again, might be a windows vs dos thing. Thought i'd say regardless.

I'm getting this exact error! Let me know if there's anything I can do!

I flashed vmodded 2.13 using DOS and modded fpart file, like I said.. it's not working properly... I'm having issues like base turbo boost frequency set to 405mhz for core clock and 405 momory..

New version added to the first post, should work now. Let me know.

Read the instructions again. Error 28 can be solved in this case with the tool I provided. The non-existance of PDR and GBE region is not an error, it's true, both don't exist in the firmware of this system.

If i install a uefi bios i'll lose alla my data?

Nope.

hello,

when do you release the 2.14 bios ?

I got my new laptop and want to squeeze something out :)

Asap.

this BIOS is suitable if there is a BIOS 1.13?

You would need to get to the same bios version first, by updating with the tools provided by Acer.

• Thumbs Up 2

SVL7: I don't see instructions on page 1 or the read-me. I was following your post on page 8. I don't see any tools other than FPTW64, which I already have obviously. I downloaded the 1.07 link and read-me just had the InsydeFlash utility. Is that what am I missing, or is there something else for this error 28? thanks bud.

FYI, $$ coming your way when I finally get this working. Your hard work and support are great. :D I love TI's community.

Check post #90 and my following posts (e.g. 96). I will update the first post when everything is working as expected.

tested the updated version using the same procedure and dos mode... result: brick :( does not boot anymore... any chance to recover bad bios flash?

Hi, is there possibility of changing the temperature at which the gpu throttles? I have v3-571g with GT640M and Core i3. I cannot overclock the card at all because even without overclocking it the temperatures are at 73-74. Any attempt to raise the clocks makes the gpu to throttle down. I don't even need to use the bios because overclocking gpu +50 makes the temperature go to 75 and it throttles down.

Cheers

yeah, hello guys!

my brother has got the Acer V3-571G. (i5-3210m, 8GB RAM, GT640m) so i told him that there is a nice vbios for the gt640m.

i flashed it for him...

and it works pretty well!!

Before: post-10385-14494994884877_thumb.png

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,Acer VA50_HC_CR score: P1821 3DMarks

After: post-10385-14494994885447_thumb.png

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,Acer VA50_HC_CR score: P2059 3DMarks (i only overclocked the memory of the GT640m to 1200mhz. the core ist the ''stock'' from the modded vBIOS)

games run much smoother now!

BIG THANKS AGAIN svl7, for the great work!!! :)

post-10385-14494994884376_thumb.png

post-10385-14494994884609_thumb.png

post-10385-14494994885014_thumb.png

post-10385-14494994885236_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1