Acer Aspire V3-5xx series - BIOS mods for higher Nvidia GT640m clocks

svl7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I used Acer Aspire V3-571G , GT640M DDR3, Windows 8. How to flash this bios? When I started InsydeFlash, I got an error when flashing . Please help me

Are you on the newer version on this laptop? I mean the one with W8 Home Edition, 6 gigs of RAM and the i7 3630qm? I'm on this one too and I was wondering wether this mod will work on my laptop. The more powerrful cpu and the extra RAM should make this guy an even more powerful gaming machine :)

Are you on the newer version on this laptop? I mean the one with W8 Home Edition, 6 gigs of RAM and the i7 3630qm? I'm on this one too and I was wondering wether this mod will work on my laptop. The more powerrful cpu and the extra RAM should make this guy an even more powerful gaming machine :)

Yea. But this mod doesn't work on my laptop :\

That's too bad. I really hope that somebody makes this mod, it would be great. What tools do you guys use for OC purposes on this laptop, btw? Maybe I can crank it up a little even without BIOS mod...

I use MSI Afterburner

I use MSI Afterburner
Thanks for the tip. I've been using Nvidia Inspector lately on my other PCs. I like it because it's very light (it doesn't even need to be installed) but apparently the overclock doesn't stick after reboot on this notebook. I guess I'll give MSI a try and see if it works better.

I was wondering...should I post the BIOS for the .016 version of this notebook? I mean the one with 6 gigs of RAM, Win8 and the 3630qm processor. Apparently it's just a slightly refreshed model, it shouldn't be hard to port this mod, but personally I don't know how to do it.

Edit: Ok so apparently there's no chance of overclocking this specific model because the BIOS chip isn't accessible. However it seems like memory can be overclocked quite a bit. Right now I'm trying to get the best performance out of BF3, and apparently overclocking the memory does help quite a bit. However I still have to find out how far I can push it. Has anybody tried this already? I'm just looking for the sweet spot to stick with before it starts artifacting, any hints?

• 2 months later...

I have got a Notebook Acer V3-571G-53216G75Makk

after upgrading BIOS with "Acer Aspire V3 series BIOS mods - better Nvidia GT 640m performance" my bluetooth adapter has vanished out of my system.

After i had uninstalled all drivers for Wlan and bluetooth, the driver for Bluetooth informs that the controller for bluetooth hasn't been installed.

After downgrading BIOS to standard version that has been downloaded from the official site acer.com, BT-adapter hasn't appeared again.

My drivers for Bluetooth controller : BT_Broadcom_6.5.1.2410_W7x64

Could you help me please?