Sony Vaio SVS13 / SVS15 series - Overclocking BIOS

svl7

It's a crying shame that Sony gimped the VAIO hardware so much. The GPU is clearly capable od much more and I don't undestand why the sata 3 hardware was limited to sata 2 speeds in later BIOS revisions. If for stability/compatibility issues it may be understandable, but they could at least be clear about it.

With svl7 being one of two or three modders who seem to clearly understand the sony BIOS and seemingly innactive there's very little w can now do to get the performance back.

I actually tried the nvidea inspector method (on my 2012 model SVS13) and it varied between doing nothing and just immediately becoming unstable. I have other hardware so it's not the worst but it's kinda sad to see such nice (if a little old) hardware not reaching it's full potential

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/19/2012 at 4:57 AM, svl7 said:

Sony Vaio SVS13 / SVS15 series - overclocking BIOS for GT 640m LE users

The Nvidia GT640m LE ("Kepler") which can be found in the Sony Vaio SVS13 series has an incredible overclocking potential. Unfortunately this is very limited due to VBIOS restrictions.

This modified BIOS version will help you to unlock the full power of your GPU. The increased default clocks (3d) gives you additional performance without having to use any additional tools, but it als unlocks the software overclocking limit so you can go beyond the usual +135MHz limit when using software like Nvidia Inspector or similar, so you can push your GPU even further.

NOTE: Since it seems that the boost function doesn't even work properly with the stock Sony BIOS, I decided to set the boost and default clock to the same level to avoid confusion about the non-working boost.

This GPU runs incredibly low even with an impressive overclock, nevertheless I have to advice you to make sure your temperatures are okay, maybe slightly lift the system in the back to improve the airflow of reapply the thermal paste.

Mods based on Sony Vaio SVS series BIOS R0142C5:

- Overclocking edition:

- undervolting edition:

• To be announced, let me know if you're interested.

Instructions are included, refer to the READ ME file. Please provide feedback and leave a comment.

F.A.Q.:

• Why do I need to flash the BIOS in order to get higher clocks? Isn't the VBIOS responsible for the GPU settings?
    Answer:

Hidden Content

• How can I revert to the original BIOS?
    Answer:

Hidden Content

• What exactly got changed compared to the original BIOS?
    Answer:

Hidden Content

Remember, you are responsible for the changes you make on your system, flash at your own risk.

Download work?

Available to download?

Thanks, regards!

Any download for GK107M available?

Thanks!

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, uberclock said:

Download work?

Available to download?

Thanks, regards!

Any download for GK107M available?

Thanks!

Hi!

All download links work. If you can't download, then please read "User Account Promotion Rules": https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 2 months later...