Upgraded Lenovo g500s from pentium 2020m to i7 3632qm and he wont boost

blaz_evic

Hello

I upgraded my old laptop with i7-3632qm and its working fine, temps are ok but he wont boost. Lenovo g500s could be bought with i7-3632qm and it had same cooling as was 2020m so i dont think cooling is problem. Can i bios unlock? I cant acces advanced settings in bios. i need help

thanks

• Bios Modder
26 minutes ago, blaz_evic said:

Hello

I upgraded my old laptop with i7-3632qm and its working fine, temps are ok but he wont boost. Lenovo g500s could be bought with i7-3632qm and it had same cooling as was 2020m so i dont think cooling is problem. Can i bios unlock? I cant acces advanced settings in bios. i need help

thanks

Hi!

As first step, you can try go in bios setup menu, and on the last tab "Save and Exit" set to "Default Settings", then press F10 button to save, then press "Enter" button.

If it doesn't help, then completely disable laptop with press and hold the "Power" button. Then disconnect the Power Supply, disconnect the battery, then press and hold the "Power" button about 15-30 sec, may be a couple times. Then connect the Power Supply and start laptop, and check if CPU turbo boost will work.

• Bios Modder
32 minutes ago, blaz_evic said:

Do you know why laptop randomly turns off after 30 minutes? Temps arent high. Screen goes black even od idle

Download and run CPU-Z utility, open "Mainboard" tab and check what the chipset version. If your chipset HM70, then it's mean you can use only Celeron and Pentium (not core i3, i5, i7).  It's limitation on hardware (chipset) level (work only 30minutes). If your chipset HM76 or HM77, then you can use core i3, i5, i7 CPU's.