P377SM-A GTX1070 upgrade

Wacholek

Hi everyone,

I have decided to upgrade my GTX 980 to GTX 1070. I made preparation for that. Changed my screen to eDP and adapted the heatsink. 

I bought this cards:

GTX1070-MXM-Zotac2.jpg

Card was not new but the seller said it is 100% functional. 
Unfortunately the card is not detected bym my Clevo, behaves like there was no card at all. Clevo beeps and blinks once every 2s. No video.  Card was extracted from Zotac Magnus EN1070 so I assume it has some weird vBios, but I think it should work even on that.  The card on slave slot is visible as standard video adapter but clevo keeps beeping. 

Any suggestions?

Best regards, 

Chris

Edited by Wacholek

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Wacholek said:

Hi everyone,

I have decided to upgrade my GTX 980 to GTX 1070. I made preparation for that. Changed my screen to eDP and adapted the heatsink. 

I bought this cards:

GTX1070-MXM-Zotac2.jpg

Card was not new but the seller said it is 100% functional. 
Unfortunately the card is not detected bym my Clevo, behaves like there was no card at all. Clevo beeps and blinks once every 2s. No video.  Card was extracted from Zotac Magnus EN1070 so I assume it has some weird vBios, but I think it should work even on that.  The card on slave slot is visible as standard video adapter but clevo keeps beeping. 

Any suggestions?

Best regards, 

Chris

Hi!

You can try to search some info in these place:  http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/p377sm-a-with-1070n-need-help-screen-not-recognized.799797/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/successful-mxm-gpu-upgraded-laptops.805136/

Yes, I have read that topic. Unfortunately nothing about beeping and not displaying anything. Or even better, beeping on slave and displaying on the master card. 

One think, tough. On the Eurocom web page only P375SM-A can be upgraded to 1070. There is no that kind of option for P377MS-A or P370Em. However I saw some people that successfully upgraded their P370EM with 1070 without any problems. At least mine problems. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, ive got a p370sm3 3d 120hz , and a zotac 1070 , prema bios. Same issue , after bios change its provide screen and windows loads but still beeping and after some time its shuts down automaticly. We tryed several msi clevo alienware vbios but none of them worked.   I assume that the ec is incompatible with the card so no go on with this line, or it cant read temp values from the card so thats why its beeping and shuts down , i cant find in the prema bios the setting for this option.