Just watch the tech like a hawk and make sure they know what they are doing. ;)

Will do man!

Best of luck to you Tony and Dragon, errr Long :)

It's too coincidental that a BIOS flash would brick your notebook as you were one of my first testers in the MSI and we did a lot of flashing back then and nothing serious ever happened.

Sent from my Sensation

haha yeah it's been awhile. From time to time people still randomly add me on facebook or pm for back up links to your BIOS lol. Good time. Also that is to show I do know what I'm doing haha.

Long 2905, I bricked my mobo flashing to A05 also. The tech tried to talk me into sending it into the Dreaded Depot but I refused and 2 days later a tech came to my house and replaced the mobo and graphics card which I didn't even need.

• Thumbs Up 1

Final update on my incident! So last Wednesday I expected to get a call from the rep to arrange an appointment with a tech but he never called. I tried to get another rep on the phone and this guy said my depot work was set up by someone else and he would not be comfortable changing that. So to save myself hassle and time since I will have to contact the original guy by email who set up the box delivery for me, I just packed my laptop up and let Fed Ex came and picked it up.

Needless to say ever since I checked my repair status on the depot site feverishly. Although the tracking shows that mine system got sent to the depot on Friday there wasn't any update on the site. I was worried and then later today I came home and bam! here it is my precious! I open it up in hope nothing is messed up.

Turn out either I am extremely lucky or it's just the internet being vocal again (or a mixture of both). My laptop came back in perfect condition with everything as it should be. There were no defect, no missing screw or broken hinge whatsoever. Since I formatted my stock hard drive back when I first purchased it, they couldn't get to windows with my stock drive. They thought there was a problem with it and said in the included letter that they dispatched a replacement hard drive to me in 3 days time. So not only my laptop arrived in pristine condition, they also give me a free extra hard drive?

And on the invoice, they checked the motherboard box indicating it was the part that got replaced. No question asked and I didn't have to spend a cent. I then proceeded to put back my self-purchased parts. Windows didn't come up at first and I was scared a little. But then I thought maybe the integrated graphics setting got fumbled up with the motherboard replacement so I press the power button once to set it to sleep mode. I pushed the alien head once more to wake it up and the screen gloriously lighten up. I Fn+F7'd and then updated drivers and stuff. Everything is working perfectly again. Also they did already update my BIOS to A05 so I won't have to worry about that anymore.

All in all I gotta say their warranty service is terrific even though I did have to jump through a few hoops. And their timing is amazing. Not counting the weekend, it only took 3 days for my laptop to get back to me. I am seriously considering getting extra warranty years now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Would you mind tell me how you made your hyperx 1866 working on m17x r4?? I've been trying to make it work for 2days... I can only Change the frequence to 1600 to make it work, or my laptop won't even boot up...

I just had the dell tech update the BIOS for me. This way I made sure that in case of a brick I was covered. Yes, dell tech support agents lack of knowlege is annoying. If you disagree with the agents from india watch out, they seem to be the worst of the worst. The agents in India seem to have no care or respect for the client and are downright rude at times.