MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

hmmm im at an impass here.. Ok if you guys can offer some help i would very much appreciate it. I bought a custom laptop from cyberpowerpc (they wont give me the original bios to revert to). It uses the 1762 barebone and i bought it with the 680m in it, so am i just screwed? And to make it worse i decided to flash the gt 70 bios (at the msi website) and i could only install the intel driver to work partially. Then i tried an unlocked 1762 bios (svet made for someone) and i cant install any video driver to work, and i dont have 5 posts yet so i cant try yours... (unless someone has a E1762IG6.30J then im screwed i think...) ive uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers so many times, idk what to do, and if i send it in illhave to wait about a month + for them to fix it...

Oops, looks like I was wrong. They now offer the MSI whitebooks with the 680M GTX officially. Anyways, the GT70 BIOS should work on a 1762 without a problem. Have you tried a fresh install?

Oops, looks like I was wrong. They now offer the MSI whitebooks with the 680M GTX officially. Anyways, the GT70 BIOS should work on a 1762 without a problem. Have you tried a fresh install?

Yeah i had to do a fresh install now the drivers work. I still have the 1762 EC flashed.. should i flash to the gt70 one EC version or is it not necessary? So far the gt 70 bios seems to be working fine.

Can i unlock intel graphics with this bios? GT683

What is this supposed to mean? Yes, you can OC the iGPU, but for what reason? We don't have optinus on sandy bridge notebooks. So no, you technically cannot use the iGPU either way.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

why? other notebooks have two graphics, for example, hd and nvidia, when notebook are charging, system uses nvidia, and when notebook uses battery, it uses hd graphic. in msi notebooks i think it is really big minus because when notebook runs on the battery and uses nvidia, u cant play, whatch fullhd bluray (more than 70 Gb films) and by loading it consume too much power.

now i download amibcp and in the bios it is a point: integrate graphics disable/enable. when i try to enable, my computer wouldn't start

why? other notebooks have two graphics, for example, hd and nvidia, when notebook are charging, system uses nvidia, and when notebook uses battery, it uses hd graphic. in msi notebooks i think it is really big minus because when notebook runs on the battery and uses nvidia, u cant play, whatch fullhd bluray (more than 70 Gb films) and by loading it consume too much power.

now i download amibcp and in the bios it is a point: integrate graphics disable/enable. when i try to enable, my computer wouldn't start

Almost every notebook has 2 GPUs these days (1 is integrated into the CPU). Like @svl7 said, it comes down to the OEM (system manufacturer) to choose to enable the switchable feature or not. MSI chose not to with Sandy Bridge notebooks, but decided to with Ivy Bridge.

Also, I can't seem to understand confusion:

1. There is nothing more to unlock. I've also clearly stated before that even though some options exist, i.e. AGP APERTURE SIZE; we clearly don't have an AGP Slot in our notebooks anymore and these options could cause nothing but harm.

2. Where did MSI ever advertise Optimus to work with the: 16F2, 680(3), 1762 or 780(3)? Answer: no where, the hardware mux doesn't even exist. Con: No Optimus, Pro: AMD GPU support.

3. Short battery life and not being play 3D games on battery are MSI's fault. MSI's Sandy Bridge series has the GPU active at all times (lack of Optimus), but on battery the clocks on my 560M GTX would never exceed something like 200Mhz on core and 300Mhz on memory. With 20% battery wear I can still manage 2+ hours web surfing, which is incredible if you compare it to my old Gateway P-7811FX which had 2 hours of battery out of the box.

Makes sense?

If your computer won't restart it's because you've changed a setting in your BIOS to a bad value. This requires a CMOS reset, refer to post #2 on page 1.

I haven't this Memory Information menu on my GT70 0NE

Test this. Let me know whether you can access the Memory Config in the main tab. PMd you the pw for the archive, please post a screenshot of the main tab and memory config (if accessible).

E1762IMS_mod.zip

Test this. Let me know whether you can access the Memory Config in the main tab. PMd you the pw for the archive, please post a screenshot of the main tab and memory config (if accessible).

I've flashed it, flash process was successful but my GT70 won't boot .... I've the first Screen with MSI logo and then black screen. I've test the 2 recovery solution in the first post but no one worked ... what can I do ??

I've flashed it, flash process was successful but my GT70 won't boot .... I've the first Screen with MSI logo and then black screen. I've test the 2 recovery solution in the first post but no one worked ... what can I do ??

That's weird... I modified the file in your link, should work perfectly fine. Must be a bad flash... did you flash per DOS?

That's weird... I modified the file in your link, should work perfectly fine. Must be a bad flash... did you flash per DOS?

I've put FreeDos on my USB key (like MSI official procedure) and i've modified your update.bat with the name of the file you sent me.

Why the blind flash method (officiel 30M bios renamed to AMIBOOT.ROM) didn't work ? My USB key work 2 sec after pressing CTRL + SHIFT + PadNum 7 and then nothing ... even if I wait 10 minutes ... I've try with Ctrl + Fn + Home, same thing.

Still have the boot screen when powering on but Del, F11 and F3 key didn't work.

Hi

is it possible to unlock E16F2IMS.10Z MSI GT683DX (non-Raid SKU)

[ATTACH]5363[/ATTACH]

683DX is unlocked. Just disable RAID on first boot.

Hi Xonar

Did you have time to make it ?

Thanks

No, I apologize for the inconvenience. I've been out of town for the past week. I promise by Friday :)

I've put FreeDos on my USB key (like MSI official procedure) and i've modified your update.bat with the name of the file you sent me.

Why the blind flash method (officiel 30M bios renamed to AMIBOOT.ROM) didn't work ? My USB key work 2 sec after pressing CTRL + SHIFT + PadNum 7 and then nothing ... even if I wait 10 minutes ... I've try with Ctrl + Fn + Home, same thing.

Still have the boot screen when powering on but Del, F11 and F3 key didn't work.

Try burning the ROM to a CD and try the same procedure with a CD instead of USB. Did you plug USB into 3.0 or 2.0 port? AFUDOS will refuse to flash if the ID's don't match up (and give you a warning), in which case a /X parameter would be necessary to force flash. I doubt you flashed the wrong file.