MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

After succesfully update bios to this modded (msi gt60 stock bios to .30m) i still can't change values on intel XTU except reference clock. How to enable other options?

Why i can't change cpu/ram frequency on bios?

After reebot and open bios settings on MAIN thread a see only this options:

system date

system time

sata information

system information

How i can see other ,,overclocking,, options?

How i can hange ram (1600mhz to 1866mhz) and i7 3610qm frequency?

Best redgards!

After succesfully update bios to this modded (msi gt60 stock bios to .30m) i still can't change values on intel XTU except reference clock. How to enable other options?

Why i can't change cpu/ram frequency on bios?

After reebot and open bios settings on MAIN thread a see only this options:

system date

system time

sata information

system information

How i can see other ,,overclocking,, options?

How i can hange ram (1600mhz to 1866mhz) and i7 3610qm frequency?

Best redgards!

You can't overclock the 3610qm, you might be able to up the BCLK a bit. What RAM do you have?

Hello thanks for reply.

I have two 8gb Elixir 1600mhz ddr3 11 11 11 28.

On stock bios i can change BCLK on this procesor for over 3,55 ghz in xtu! but i don't change any others values :(

It is possible to unlock them?? or up RAM frequency?

Best redgards and thanks for help!

Hello th for reply.

I have two 8gb Elixir 1600mhz ddr3 11 11 11 28.

On stock bios i can change BCLK on this procesor for over 3,55 ghz in xtu! but i don't change any others values :(

It is possible to unlock them?? or up RAM frequency?

Best redgards and thanks for help!

Still no, the multiplier and frequency are locked. You can force the turbo to have a longer duration but that's about it.

If you want to OC your RAM I think you'll need kingston hyperX in order to do so.

Thanks for reply

- - - Updated - - -

Still no, the multiplier and frequency are locked. You can force the turbo to have a longer duration but that's about it.

If you want to OC your RAM you'll need kingston hyperX in order to do so.

Than why I can change THIS ram frequency on stock bios in xtu to 1866 and up on my clevo p170em?

Why i do not this on my MSI laptop? It i ANY way to unlock xtu values?

Anyone have backed up BIOS of MSI GT60-0NC? Send me plz.

and who knows what tools can back up 8MB or more BIOS size, tell me plz.

Sorry my bad english! I use Google translate to trans from Vietnamese :D

I have a few questions, can someone answer?

1. what does update.bat file contains? i downloaded a bios from msi website and it had flash.bat, i opened with text editor and it showed " AFUDOS.exe bios.version(not .rom) /blah /blah (5 parameters)" bios name doesn't have .rom there, can someone verify?

2. After BIOS is flashed and dos is returned, should i hit CTRL ALT DEL to restart? how do i shut it down? since i need to shut it down to reset CMOS, do i have to start windows to shut it down?

Anyone have backed up BIOS of MSI GT60-0NC? Send me plz.

and who knows what tools can back up 8MB or more BIOS size, tell me plz.

Sorry my bad english! I use Google translate to trans from Vietnamese :D

Here is from official website

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60-0NC.html#/?div=BIOS&nbos=non-win%208

I notice bios same with GT60 OND, ONE

Don't know why they removed GT60 ONC link but I bookmark it before

I have a few questions, can someone answer?

1. what does update.bat file contains? i downloaded a bios from msi website and it had flash.bat, i opened with text editor and it showed " AFUDOS.exe bios.version(not .rom) /blah /blah (5 parameters)" bios name doesn't have .rom there, can someone verify?

2. After BIOS is flashed and dos is returned, should i hit CTRL ALT DEL to restart? how do i shut it down? since i need to shut it down to reset CMOS, do i have to start windows to shut it down?

The BIOS extensions doesn't have to be .rom it could be .whatever, usually it's the BIOS version.

I just press ctrl + alt + del when everything is done. Why would you need to do a CMOS?

Actually these guys over at MSI forum suggest resetting your EC by removing battery right after BIOS flash. i dunno why?

Yes but that's not a CMOS reset, to reset the EC just remove the power sources (PSU, battery) and hold the power button for a few seconds.

Sorry i had no idea about the different between CMOS and EC, i knew CMOS controls clock and things and EC controls power and fan, been searching for last 1 month trying to solve this CPU Throttling i have read weird things, even CMOS and EC reset, was justn trying to ask about EC, how will you reset EC right after flashing? you need to boot into windows to shut down?

Sorry i had no idea about the different between CMOS and EC, i knew CMOS controls clock and things and EC controls power and fan, been searching for last 1 month trying to solve this CPU Throttling i have read weird things, even CMOS and EC reset, was justn trying to ask about EC, how will you reset EC right after flashing? you need to boot into windows to shut down?

You could just enter the BIOS after restarting and choose "discard changes and shutdown" and then do the EC reset.

• Thumbs Up 1