MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Can I apply GT683's bios to GT683DX?

Yes

Is there a possibility in the GT680 to put an ivy bridge processor and if yes then when would a BIOS version with such a support be available?

No, it's impossible no matter what you do.

Hello, is there a possibility to have this modified bios in the new GT70 2OD versions?, Regards!, I miss to put the link of the bios!, here is: MSI Global GT70 2OD Win8 AHCI Mode.because i dont have raid!

Soon I might.

Can someone give me a hand how i can do a backup bios? or only just download the original one from msi and them flash the modded one?, regards!

Download latest afuwin and save.

However you will need hex editor to compile the proper backup.

MAYBE you tell why you need backup? Becaude nobody told you how cause nobody did that. For recovery with usb stick you need original bios file while backup is needed only for flashing bios chip by programmator if all fails.

James i say it because i need in case of blink flash, but as i see i can use the orifinal bios in the msi page, but where i can see how can i perform the blink flash or which are the keys I have to press in the MSI GT70 version 2OD (just in case)

hello I have a GT70 20D-039US and there's a problem with the uefi bios so computer just has a blank screen. No bios access or boot options. Fan spins. I am trying to do a blind flash to recover it but it wont work. This is what I've done. 1. downloaded the correct raid bios file E1763IMS.707, 2. renamed it to AMIBOOT.ROM, 3. copied it to fat32 formatted usb2 stick, 4. pressed ctrl & home key on power on. Nothing happens. Usb led does not flash. Also tried a cd. Am I doing anything wrong? What's the correct method?. Thank you.

Note:

Does anyone know where i can buy a new motherboard from?.

beemerboy can i ask you if you get the nb initialy with that problem?, also if you hear the beeps when you try the blind flash, regards

It was ok until i updated the bios (i've always done it on laptops and never had a problem before). Followed correct procedure on msi website and used correct bios. Flash completed ok and then it loaded up windows. But failed to start when i rebooted.

No beeps when i try to blind flash. Nothing on screen. Computer doesn't access the usb. Been trying all day.

but the gt70 20d versión only have 1 versión of bios realesed, why did you update?, and you use some bios update true Windows or dos?, can you explain how you update the bios, pd: did you try a ec reset or bios reset?, regards

Xonar, i like to make you a question, if you realease the 4r generation gt 60 70, this modded bios will have all features that have the 3r generation?, and also i like to know if before a flash we need to do a EC reset or leave battery off for 10 secs instead, regards!

but the gt70 20d versión only have 1 versión of bios realesed, why did you update?, and you use some bios update true Windows or dos?, can you explain how you update the bios, pd: did you try a ec reset or bios reset?, regards

Update was supposed to improve hybrid power performance and battery life but laptop bricked. In process of doing an RMA with MSI.

Hello Beemerboy, can i ask you how do you uodate it?, i flash my gt 70 2od to the ,507 bios unlocked modded, and the final EC .502 without issues, but i flash via dos and directly do a ec reset, but for you an error happend or finish flash nicely and didnt boot? becouse the solution is the ec reset some times!, regards!