MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hi plz help me i flashed the bios with ur unlocked one and changed some settings after that i hit f10 to save and exit and now my laptop goes on but no display!! i tried to remove the cmos battery didnt work as for blind flash im struggeling doing!!PLz help me

Hi plz help me i flashed the bios with ur unlocked one and changed some settings after that i hit f10 to save and exit and now my laptop goes on but no display!! i tried to remove the cmos battery didnt work as for blind flash im struggeling doing!!PLz help me

What settings did you change?

Have you tried taking out 1 RAM stick and then boot?

Hi thanx for replying i changed the new non turbo boost ratio it was on 255 and it couldnt go any higher so i thought ok it must be the multiplier and changed it to 22 and also changed some other cpu settings but nothing to serious and then i presed F10 to save and exit and when it restarted there was no post and black screen but i could hear the system is ideling and fan spinning but not hard and power light is also on and the air coming out of the fan is hot so the cpu must be working but not in the right way,i aslo tried unpluging the cmos battery but no luck i also tried blind flash witch i couldnt even get the usb the work it had red light but wasnt blinking so not reading the flash drive with bootable files on!! And no where can i find any information about jumping the jumpers or my mobos schematics online aswell.Plz help me if u can i would be so happy and could reward u aswell

Hello. Its completely off topic but I own a MSI GP60 2PE laptop and I flashed a wrong bios (one for GP60 ... not GP60 2PE). Now when I start the laptop I only get a black screen. No MSI logo at all. Can I recover the bios? I can't access the UEFI bios at all. Can I force flash the right bios ?

Thanks for any help

Regards

• Bios Modder
Hi. is this MS-GT60(15.6''): working for

MSI GT60 2OC/2OD

Motherboard Model: MSI MS-16F4

BIOS Date: 04/13/12

BIOS Version: E16F4IMS.503

If anyone has already tested this bios please share some opnions.

Thanks to devs.

No! Do not try! Your laptop is 4x generation. There are no bioses for the new generation of MSI laptop.

Hey plz help me iv got msi gx740 and i flashed with this modded bios everything went good until i changed the wrong settings in bios and now there is no post i tried doing blind flash but no luck laptop goes on but no post plz help me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know that the OP doesn't support this thread anymore, but I really need to get some help with my GT70 0ND. I've spent too much time already looking for a way to fix my problem and the only thing that looks promising is to unlock the BIOS in order to access a particular setting.

The GTX 675M card in the laptop fried itself two weeks ago. It still shows up in Windows Device Manager (sometimes) but I went ahead and disabled it so the OS would not try to use it. I am good with it just running off the Intel HD graphics, but the damn fan starts blowing full-blast after the machine has been on for a couple minutes. I read elsewhere that there is a setting in the BIOS to force the hardware to only use the Intel HD graphics, basically telling the machine that there is no Nvidia hardware installed. It would then stop turning on the fan full-blast when it failed to "communicate" with the GTX 675M.

Would the unlocked BIOS for the GT70 with a 3rd Generation i7 unlock the setting I need? Does anyone know exactly what that setting is and what it may be called?

Thanks in advance!

Is there any newer versions of the unlocked bios for the MSI GT683

Also i tried upgrading the ram to 4 x 4gb sticks of ram at 667mhz using the original bios and it started to glitch out. Will the unlocked bios help my situation, maybe upping the voltage or simply support my config??

Hi there!

Suggest me, please, if GT60 BIOS is ok for GE60-0NC (MS-16GA) laptop?

And, by the way, cn anyone confirm if files from OP-post is ROMs (which would fit for blind-reflash) or that kind of files like the ones on MSI site (which unfortunately doesn't work for blind reflash for me)? :(

I know that the OP doesn't support this thread anymore, but I really need to get some help with my GT70 0ND. I've spent too much time already looking for a way to fix my problem and the only thing that looks promising is to unlock the BIOS in order to access a particular setting.

The GTX 675M card in the laptop fried itself two weeks ago. It still shows up in Windows Device Manager (sometimes) but I went ahead and disabled it so the OS would not try to use it. I am good with it just running off the Intel HD graphics, but the damn fan starts blowing full-blast after the machine has been on for a couple minutes. I read elsewhere that there is a setting in the BIOS to force the hardware to only use the Intel HD graphics, basically telling the machine that there is no Nvidia hardware installed. It would then stop turning on the fan full-blast when it failed to "communicate" with the GTX 675M.

Would the unlocked BIOS for the GT70 with a 3rd Generation i7 unlock the setting I need? Does anyone know exactly what that setting is and what it may be called?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there is a special tool for the MSI GT70 out where you can control your fan!

PS: All you need is described in this thread! (many thanks to cresterk) "http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/5711-guide-how-control-fan-g-series-laptops.html"

I hope that this can fix your problems!

Best regards!