MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hi Everyone,

I have the GT60 0NE 403US With Core i7 3630QM and GTX 680M [4G DDR5]. I am able to overclock / downclock my GPU, using MSI AfterBurner from the beginning, without any modifications to the VBIOS.

I have been wanting to undervolt my CPU to shave a couple of degrees of temperature off. When I use Intel XTU, as suspected, all options are disabled / locked / greyed out?

Is there a way to undervolt my CPU? Will unlocking my system BIOS help me undervolt from the BIOS itself or atleast unlock the options in Intel XTU?

Love the community though. Bravo! to all contributors :)

hi guys,

I have a GX70, but unfortunately I had to remove the video card 8970... and now my fan speed is set to 100% and I can't slower it... do you have any ideas ?

I have unlocked the bios in order to find a \n option round there,.. but nothing yet.

Hello to the forum :-)

Could someone possibly confirm/check is the ATA password (HDD password) feature available after BIOS unlock or is it possible to have this feature available any other way?

Thanks!

hi guys,

I have a GX70, but unfortunately I had to remove the video card 8970... and now my fan speed is set to 100% and I can't slower it... do you have any ideas ?

I have unlocked the bios in order to find a \n option round there,.. but nothing yet.

I too recently replaced my video card... however, my fan speed went to 100% while the GPU was out. It went back to normal once the new card was put back into the machine. Be nice to know if the speed could be controlled if I am unfortunate to have to replace my card again.

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys, I'm have msi GT780DXR and am desperately looking for help.

These days it has broken my GTX570M and I would like to enable the integrated graphics to at least use the laptop. Currently my only options to use the laptop, is connect remotely. I can not do anything with out windows. (the screen does not go, hdmi does not work.)

After 18 hours of searching online. The only solution I see is to get a bios configured with the integrated graphics of the cpu activated.

Please .. I can not buy a new graphics because I live in the Canary Islands and not sent here. I want to at least have a laptop but can not play with it.

Please, help me.

hey i have a 1761 whitebook with a 2670qm, im interested in possibly undervolting. i'm assuming i'd need this bios right? i just want to try and reduce some cpu heat if i can. i did it with my gpu and the results have been great so far.

anyways any input appreciated, thanks

I'm unsure which bios to be downloading. This GT780R-012US has MS-1761, but the only available bios I was able to find at the time was the gt780 bios. it worked obviously but the MSI bios has less features than the previous bios I had. Should I download the whiteboard ms-1761, or stick with gt780 unlocked bios? Any help would be appreciated!

I have a MSI GT60 0NC /Geforce GTX 670M/I7 3610QM that came with Windows 7 installed.

It has the .10 BIOS for NON-raid so will this unlocked GT60 .30 BIOS work? Or can I just disable Raid as mentioned in previous posts?