MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

It was ok until i updated the bios (i've always done it on laptops and never had a problem before). Followed correct procedure on msi website and used correct bios. Flash completed ok and then it loaded up windows. But failed to start when i rebooted.

No beeps when i try to blind flash. Nothing on screen. Computer doesn't access the usb. Been trying all day.

Have you done a CMOS reset? If the flash completed and loaded up windows it should not be bricked.

Hi, I have a Msi gt70 1052fr with win uefi bios, I don't find the bios unlock for my pc, it's possible unlock my bios?

It's for modify ram voltage because I added ram kingston hyperx 1600mhz 1.65V work at 1333mhz 1.5V, and change timing.

Thank's for your help and sorry for my bad englsh.

[h=4]my bios: w8_E1762IMS.50X.zip[/h]link: MSI France ? Centre de Téléchargement

Hi!

[h=5][/h]I'm looking unlocked bios for Laptop MSI GE60 0NC-497XRU

BIOS Version E16GAIMS.10F

EC Version 16GAEMS1 Ver4.04

Is there a unlocked version of this model?

Sory for my English)

With Best Regards)

Hi!

I have GE70 0ND - 3630QM GTX660( without system) crap bios, i'm looking for better bios like bios in wWindows 8 versions nb. I have exp. in flashing bios etc. I can be tester for bios.

I just tried flashing my GPU but for some reason windows 8 wont let me do it. I followed the steps on making a bootable disk and added the nvflash and the vbios rom but after i choose to boot from the USB, windows8 takes me to the boot manager window...but when i choose the option "Use a device : use a USB drive,network connection...." it just boots up like normal. is there something i am not doing correctly? My system is the one in my sig.

I just tried flashing my GPU but for some reason windows 8 wont let me do it. I followed the steps on making a bootable disk and added the nvflash and the vbios rom but after i choose to boot from the USB, windows8 takes me to the boot manager window...but when i choose the option "Use a device : use a USB drive,network connection...." it just boots up like normal. is there something i am not doing correctly? My system is the one in my sig.

COURTNEYX1, first you have to know all things after flash it (methods, ways), you have to enter in the bios and select LEGACY in boot options, is the only way you can enter with your USB, do step by step, is good to question but calm and study well the flashing procedure, good luck! PD: remember if something goes wrong you will have to flash with a black screen, take care about all

I am very for spamming the forums guys. i really didnt meant to and CACV thank you for your kind words. You were right i just needed to do some more reading and research. I found another way of flashing without using the USB. Again i am very sorry guys.

Hey @Xonar,

I had your bios running fine on my GT680R. Then I went to update my EC to the latest .424 firmware, and now I can't use the unlocked bios anymore. I get a BSOD at the windows load stating "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant." If I flash back to the original then I'm fine. You have any ideas or is this going to require the bios be recompiled?? Thanks again for the work you do!!

Have someone tried to install unlocked BIOS for GX60? I heard some stuff that after flashing couple of people had brick :/

Its ok but DONT USE /RECOVERY

This flag is angel of death. :D

If you know guys how to unbrick nb after stupid flag /recovery, tell me. :)

Has anyone installed it into the 683DRX sucessfully?

Just curious about why the bios is shared between 683R and 683DXR (as far as I know their motherboards are different, aren't they?)

The gt683 BIOS is the same as the one in gt683dx/dxr/r.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone installed it into the 683DRX sucessfully?

Just curious about why the bios is shared between 683R and 683DXR (as far as I know their motherboards are different, aren't they?)

Nope, the only difference in the two were the video card. Realistically the only major difference in any of the 68x series was the video card. I originally bought a GT680R, had a 460m in it. Swapped to a 570m and the bios shows as a 683DXR, testing out a 580m and it shows as a 685R. If I flash the 580m to a 675m it goes back to a 680R as it doesn't truly support the card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, the only difference in the two were the video card. Realistically the only major difference in any of the 68x series was the video card. I originally bought a GT680R, had a 460m in it. Swapped to a 570m and the bios shows as a 683DXR, testing out a 580m and it shows as a 685R. If I flash the 580m to a 675m it goes back to a 680R as it doesn't truly support the card.

When did you swap card, did you change bios? If you did not do it, the bios is this same for dx, dxr, r, but bios change only "name". So if you unlock bios for dx, you will unlock bios for dxr.

Guys im having this severe CPU throttle issue in games, there is random CPU frequency drop to 1.2 ghz.. im on 1762 barebone 3630qm with 680m.

I heard GT70's had this once and some beta EC solved it, but im on a barebone and that beta EC won't work for me.

Do you think this BIOS will help?

im currently on E1762IG6.70U and EC is 1762EG62 Ver 5.02

What should i do?

post-11476-14494995942535_thumb.jpg

Guys im having this severe CPU throttle issue in games, there is random CPU frequency drop to 1.2 ghz.. im on 1762 barebone 3630qm with 680m.

I heard GT70's had this once and some beta EC solved it, but im on a barebone and that beta EC won't work for me.

Do you think this BIOS will help?

im currently on E1762IG6.70U and EC is 1762EG62 Ver 5.02

What should i do?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8678[/ATTACH]