MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

It just adds an option in the BIOS to set RAID if you ever need it. The only difference is, once you flash the BIOS you will need to set the SATA Mode back to AHCI or else the system will try to boot in RAID0.

It's easier to unlock BIOS with RAID as many people have systems with RAID and having one for RAID and one without is pointless if you can just disable RAID.

Awesome, I was wondering if this was the case, as I couldn't find any differences otherwise listed for my buddies GT780DX vs the GT780DXR.

i have my old X7813 (its like the GT780) 1761 MB Bios shot, when i try to disconnect the CMOS wire,

the MSI Boot up Screen comes 2tiimes and nothing happend / will booting from nothing, blind flash will not fix or start...

trying to restarding, the MSI Logo gone and just the AMI Info displayed, pushing del it says Setup will stard but nothing happends

so i will now remove the Bios Chip a German Seller have one but i have no Idea were its located at the MB, can someone help me ?

here are the pictures from the MB up and down MSI MS1761 GT780DXR independent laptop Motherboard [msi MS1761 GT780DXR] - $385.99 : laptop part & accessories

thx

Well, as I know that you don't have much time I tried to google and find the tools and tutorials I need. But I failed :D

Here is the BIOS I have copied with AFUWIN:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43556081/e16fkams_d.06_03-05-2013.rar

My notebook is an MSI GX60 3AE-087 with A10-5750m APU, 1x8GB RAM, 1x500GB HDD, AMD 7970m, no keyboard illumination, Win8 SL, russian.

If anybody wants to update his A10-4600m with a Richland-APU I think this is the BIOS you'll need.

I wasn't able to open this BIOS with any tool i could find to check for hidden menues but I also couldn't open your GX60-BIOS-version. So I think I just have too old tools =/ (a lot of them won't open on a 64-bit OS D: )

I hope, you can find some time to unlock the hidden menues in this one ^^

I've read through the thread and (unless I missed something) the GT683DX works pretty much flawlessly with the new BIOS, correct? Even though it's apparently the RAID version. I'm pretty excited to get to try out the new stuff once I get past my forum newbie phase. I'm honestly shocked that MSI shipped such a nice machine with no options.

As a new member of the community I would like to introduce myself. My name is Sean and I have been working on building and upgrading computers for over 20 years. However it has been a while since I have had to do some custom work.

I am the proud papa of a new MS-17621 (as the box says), and am having trouble with the ms-1762 mod. As of now if I boot in with a syslinux/freedos boot disk and attempt to flash the bios I get a "Problem getting flash information" error. It gives me this regardless of the command that I issue as I was trying to pull the stock firmware off before I did anything.

UPDATE:

Well things have since when sideways, got the correct version of ADUDOS which worked fine, reported the correct BIOS. However, upon flash screen went blank and stayed there for over 30 minutes, shutdown and restarted to nothing, no screen just power led's.

Any ideas from those with more current experience with this model and the newer bios's?

thx

-sean

@srw134:

I tried to mod the BIOS for my GX60 by myself and I think I did everything right but AFUDOS always told "error 18, not able to start a secure session" or something. I tried with /RECOVERY and whatever it did or not looked dead to me. So I rebootet -> black screen.

So what I noticed then:

When turned on for a very long time (10min?) the USB-Stick-LED started to show some activity. I read more about these BIOSes: I have an AMI Aptio UEFI Bios. You need the same version of BIOS as you already had and it should have it version-number as name. For me E16FKAMS.D06 as filename for the BIOS (4mb filesize).

I don't know what helped as I had both a CD with nothing but this BIOS-file and a USB-Stick. Start the notebook and wait. If really nothing happens then it's dead. My notebook showed HDD-activity at the very early bootstate -> something was alive! After some time the CD started to run (again, maybe 10mins after booting).

They also say that holding Ctrl+Home before turning on and holding for some time until you recognize that something inside is working should force this blind recovery.

I don't know what it was but after 10-15min with CD and USB-Stick with the BIOS-image it rebooted into the BIOS with a new menu for recovering BIOS (recovery mode). Pressed enter to flash this BIOS -> reboot. Everything like it was before :)

Hope this helps you and maybe someone else. I didn't expect it to take THAT MUCH TIME. About 10-15mins to load that BIOS-file from CD (i guess it was the CD as it was running...) and loading it. Maybe this blackscreen after AFUDOS filename /p /RECOVERY was the same "blindflashing" and I, stupid as I am, cancelled it by rebooting -.-

Does anyone know what to do with this Error 18 of AFUDOS?

Is /RECOVERY bad?

Did anyone use AFUWIN? I killed another notebook once by flashing from Windows. But it was an ASUS-tool and I read a lot about these.. After it's killed, you read a lot, yes -.- 70€ for a new flash... So I'm very carefull now :D

Sounds very familiar, I have tried it with a number of different names (AMIBOOT.ROM, E16FKAMS.D06, E1762IG6.308) both on a CD and on a USB Flash disk with no success as of yet. It does sound like it is checking over the CD (and brief HD activity) when it boots up and runs for about 20 seconds or so then spins down; nothing after that even after extended periods of time (30min+).

-sean

You need to name it either as your old BIOS-version or the new, you want to flash (in my case it was the same).

But great to hear that you still have activity. Try to hold Ctrl+Home before turning on and then hold for about 1minute. And then, if you have any activity in the beginning wait again. 15mins maybe..

I think for me cd worked because in the boot-order cd was on top. But that's just speculating.

Get a clean BIOS and good luck to you!

Hey there,

I have an MSI GT685-818US (GT683 with the GTX 580m and i5) that I've recently upgraded from an I5 2430M to an I7 2820QM. It is using the 3.0Z BIOS of the GT683. The laptop runs great without issue on this CPU.

Any issue here using the modded BIOS with the upgraded CPU, or should I switch back to the original i5 2430m? I was thinking of re-flashing the stock BIOS with the new CPU to ensure this would work.

Thanks!

GREETINGS

took time in the forum and while methylation modified bios,

to this day I have not had to touch anything more to gain some performance but I would like

please could someone tell me the basics I have to tap the bios to gain some performance?

I tried touching the processor frequency but restarts as out of the bios ...

I would greatly appreciate it

a greeting

Hi, i would like to install your bios for gt683r, but need the five posts.

Since i'm posting, with this bios will my laptop make full use of a 1600 MHz RAM?

I'm in the same boat as you. Mine is the 683DX, though. No raid. From what I've read the unlocked firmware is supposed to allow 1600. I've read some posts that say that some users have had issues with it, but there is no way of knowing what their skill level is. Could be user error. I guess the best answer is to try it out when we can.

I'm in the same boat as you. Mine is the 683DX, though. No raid. From what I've read the unlocked firmware is supposed to allow 1600. I've read some posts that say that some users have had issues with it, but there is no way of knowing what their skill level is. Could be user error. I guess the best answer is to try it out when we can.

Well, i was looking in the thread and Xonar said:

Your memory needs to have XMP profiles for that to work. If you get black screen, you don't have XMP profiles. Just buy HyperX PnP sticks if you are unsure.

A CMOS reset should be more than enough for your issue. I've even done it by setting XMP profiles on my PnP sticks.

So i assume we can use faster ram than the stock ones.

And the user ma®ximum is using a ram similar to what i want:

I am currently successfully running 4 x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz from Crucial 1,35v modules, and it does run at dual channel rate of ~800MHz per channel, and by thespec sheet of intel it should not run 1600MHz memory and it should not run 32GB DDR3 memory because Im runing i7-2670QM cpu, but it runs just fine.

I was looking for this ones, but i don't know if they are compatible with the gt683r. Anyones knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

Greetings guys,

I am new here but i think someone of you could help me with an issiue i had.

I recently buyed a custom PC with an MSI GT70 (MSI 1762) Barebone. The Motherboard installed in it's an MS-17621.

The laptop was working fine for the first 14 days i had it but when i was at university i got a Blue Screen, after that the laptop shutdown and the screen was never turning on again. Later I force shutdown it and still black screen.

You think that if i remove the CMOS battery (even if i never flashed the bios), i can see my screen get back alive?

Thank you

I have my 5 posts in but I still can't download the BIOS for my GT683DX. It's hard to be a contributing member with no experience with the new firmware :( I guess I'll just keep doing what I can until that time arrives.

I have my 5 posts in but I still can't download the BIOS for my GT683DX. It's hard to be a contributing member with no experience with the new firmware :( I guess I'll just keep doing what I can until that time arrives.

Does it work now?

I flashed my GX60 APU , but the laptop is dead . :(

This laptop dont have the reset cable of cmos , only fan cable.

What i can do ? :(

Look at the pictures on the 2nd post for where the CMOS cable is. There is one. This is one of the first reports of a straight brick that I've heard of.

Does it work now?

Look at the pictures on the 2nd post for where the CMOS cable is. There is one. This is one of the first reports of a straight brick that I've heard of.

Please help me for find this location :s , in my gx60 , only have the fan cable :(