MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Ok, i have succesfully installed this bios,

thanks for the good stuff Xonar,

but i have some question

yes this will be poor one

im not stupid about computer :\, but not this stuff, i never tried it : (

i wonder how can i change the fan setting, and graphics.

and yes i saw related options in the bios but i couldnt understand it : | (i do understand what it means, but..)

heres what im trying to do, i wanna disable my hd4000,(found out its not possible) and use only gtx 675m ,after that im gonna downclock the cpu and gpu

so i can reduce the temp, and fan speed(noise)

i will keep trying till i got answers, but i thought i could get some wise advice!

also i have gt60 with ivy bridge, thought you might interest

Hi Xonar,

I am interested about the unlocked BIOS for MSI GX60. I have actually a MSI GX60 1AC-012US that I cannot Overclock or use PSCheck to force Turbo to 2.7GHz for some reasons that I don't know, Is this unlocked BIOS will have the option to Overclock like I want (Multiplier to choose, FSB, Voltage,etc)? Is my HD 7970M and APU 7660g will work without problems?

Thank you,

Labatt24

This modded bios will not let you overclock most CPU´s of your one is one of many. Only the i7XM chips can be overclocked and a few special chips like some ES chips. You cannot OC the A10 as far as i know. If you want to OC your 7970m you have to get an modded VBIOS.

I got a question regarding your unlocked BIOS Xonar. I was wondering what the Intel ICC overclock thing is for. What can you do with it? Only a few of those options below are adjustable. Something in me says it got great potential to do things with (say things about the FSB there). I dont know what it is tho and how to use it so i hope to hear from you :)

Good evening everyone,

as you can see im new in this forum (and this is my first post). The second thing i want to say is "Sorry for my bad english"

SO now to the questeion. I have bought a new Notebook, its a Medion X7821 (MD98244), im not sure which version of whitebook it is and what Bios Version i have to use. So my search to the "www" took me to this Site.

Now im waiting for an answere.

Greets

Nemesis

Guys, I have just joined this forum as you are the best and I need some help, recently I have flashed bios(used the one provided by msi website) on my msi gx740(ms-1727) and unfortunately something went wrong and now all I have can see is black screen of death. I know it is quite old laptop now, but I have just upgraded its processor (i7-720, ram (1333), ssd samsung 256 (the reason why I have undertaken bios flashing, as sometimes it would not work and I would have to restart my laptop) and also replaced dvd with Blu-ray....I am trying to flash it as you advice in the case of bad flash, but I am not sure what combination of keys I should use? Help anyone??

when i have flashed my bios, it did not flash it completely as my screen did not look like the one from msi picture, on mine only erasing flash, writing flash, verifying flash occurred, there was no erasing nvram, writing nvram or the rest...it just came back to c: ....and when i have restarted my laptop all i could see was black sceen of death...whn i try to flsh it using pendrive it seems to be working for about 10-5 seconds then nothing.....i will check that forum thx, but maybe one of you knows what to do with my laptop model....

@sowacz.

At first you ust have appropriate pen drive. not big one in FAT.

Then you may try to put a bios file which you flashed called the same as MSI called it. Which means you should download Ady's tool from Mdl and open your BIOS with it. It will give you recovery name.

Then put that bios to your pen drive and perhaps boot win95 files too and try to press power button while already holding ctr+home or Ctrl+Esc or Fn+ Esc etc. Good luck.

@ender, maybe increasing FSB up to 5%. But nothing can be done with multipliers.

Hi folks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a 680m working in an MSI GT780 DXR? I purchased one from eurocom and was told it would work, and all I get is a black screen on boot.

Do I need a bios to support this? Can I use the GT70 bios on this machine to support it, or am I SOL?

Thanks

Hello!,Im having this BIOS w8_E16F3IMS.50U, my NB is GT 60 0NE

I will like to now if i have to rename the bios file to try to flash my machine,

And if the GT 60 mentioned in fisrt page is compatible with my, i have the latest bios downloaded of msi page,

Thanks for the help! (sorry for my bad english)

Regards!

MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip <---does this BIos allow you to upgrade to Nvidia 675M/680M with the notebook supporting it? Or does the stock 1761 Bios already allow that? I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I have the GT780 with 560m.

The 675m is the 580m with a different name. I tried the 580m and it throttled. As for the 680m from what I have read it will not work. Something to do with the optimus I think.

A card that will work is the Dell 7970m or Clevo 7970m hm card with enduro disabled, You will have to look around to get the 7970 heatsink from an MSI GX60.

Hope this helps. Just do some more reading there are lots of post in a different forum