MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

@Xonar. GE-series have 1 mSATA and 1 SATA which both work at 6GB speed. It would be great if RAID would be supported though I don't know if RAID Option ROM is in this BIOS at all. But I know where you can find it:p

Also XMP support would be awesome and other stuff for overclocking unlocked processors.

Again I assume it is possible to do 2 mods with 1 image: Xonar's unlock and svl7's vBIOS mod:D

BTW. Is there only ES 3720QM unlocked or other OEM 38X0QM and 37X0QM processors are unlocked too?

I haven't kept up with Ivy Bridge unlocked chips, so I'm not too sure.

Hi, I have the MSI GT780DX and processor i7 2720QM ES (i7 2910XM) whether the fit MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip to my laptop?

And there was a way to open to adjust CPU multiplier?

I know that in GT70 unlocked multiplier adjustable, but unfortunately it does not fit my laptop.

Sorry for my english I'm from Russia

Sandy Bridge MSI cannot adjust CPU multi. Only Ivy can.

I have the 16F2, are there changelogs anywhere for the different bioses available for it?

MSI does not release changelogs for whitebook BIOS. Sometimes a dev in the MSI forum will release the changelogs, but that's rare.

Hi everybody,

im not able to download and test it yet but after flashing with the custom version of Xonar do you think it will be possible to start and SSD

drive in AHCI mode after several bios found on the net only IDE mode seems to work

MSI: GX740 - MS1727

Bios Info:

BIOS BUILD E1727MS.10F 05/27/2011 (seems to be the last update maybe i'm wrong)

EC BUILD 1727EMS1.404 12/15/2009

Thank you for your moment.

No clue, have you tried it yet? I've never heard of this problem.

hellow everybody) I'm gonna try the unlocked bios. But i doubt will it help me.

My laptop is gt783 with 2670qm on board and its performance in gta 4 seems terrible to me. Memory is stock 12GB 1333. I like this game and I hope it's сaused by CPU underutilization. It's frequency reaches max 2,89 Ghz during the game and throttling is often. And i think that stopping the THROTTLING will help me. Does anybody know - am I right???

Thank for any reply)!!

Yes, the unlocked BIOS will help alot.

1. Flash unlocked BIOS

2. Increase power limits to maximum durations and power draw

3. Download Throttlestop and set the CPU multiplier to the Max Turbo

4. Watch temps as your CPU will try to stay at max turbo for as long as the temps allow it to

• Thumbs Up 1

Also i'd like to know about this bios - will it be possible to set my memory in 1600 mode after unlocking the bios??? On the INTEL site is said that the 2670qm sandy bridge CPU only supports max 1333 Mhz memory. But i saw meny people on such forums who have notebooks with 2670qm and 1600 or quicker memory. Some people say that such memory frequences are only able due to unlocked bios and the CPU actually still works on 1333. I would be very happy if it turns out that all the same it can operate at higher frequencies than 1333!!!!:Banane30:

So what is the truth?

Yes, you need XMP compatible RAM to use XMP. Otherwise, PnP HyperX sticks are hassle-free and work out of the box.

The unlocked bios for the gx740 is a couple of versions above my current BIOS.

Does anyone know where MSI hides its BIOS change logs?

It's a mystery.

Could the unlocked GX60 BIOS here be used with AHCI mode or is it RAID mode only?

I am pretty new to BIOS unlocks, sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

I have one more question, is the unlocked GX60 BIOS compatible with systems using the E16FKAMS.508 BIOS?

Is there a way for me to downgrade to the 305 BIOS provided in this unlock thread?

Thanks!

IDE/AHCI/RAID. You choose whichever you want. As long as you have a GX60 or 16FK you are fine.

hey again,

i downloaded the zip file for the gx740 bios but it only contains the .rom file and not the afudos and upadate.bat like the tutorial says.

i usually flash my bios by using DOS 98 USB drive and by typing the .bat file-name

how am i suppose to flash the bios with the .rom?

Thank you

When you type flash(.bat), some text should pop up asking if you are sure you wish to continue. Pressing any key other than Ctrl+C will prompt the flash process.

Sorry for my english... I'm new user...if i understand... i can unlock additional features in my bios? i've gt680... thanks

All GT680 features are unlocked in my link.

I am planning to install Gtx 680m 2gb in my MSI GT683R. Is it going to work with Official BIOS or I need to flash unlocked one?? Or it does not matter witch BIOS to use for NEW video card PCI express 3.0??

680M will not work in GT683. Optimus incompatibility.

Anyone can help me,after i updated my bios to unlocked version,my laptop is gt683r,everything is ok!so after that

I do some changing of settings,like the XMP i put in profile 1 and memory in1600mhz, my memory is only 1333mhz

When i save the changes and booted it only gives black screeni already done removing the Cmos battery lead but

Still the same problem,hope somebody can help me,

Thanks in advance

Sorry for that i didnt see it coz im very anxious to fix this problem i post it immediately!thanks....im going to buy

Ram with 1600Mhz to fix it!thanks again

Same problem with Simonious007, i already tried resetting CMOS and force bios using usb flash disk and i also

Replace my memory with 8Gb with 1600Mhz on my msi gt683r still no luck,anyone can help me?

Your memory needs to have XMP profiles for that to work. If you get black screen, you don't have XMP profiles. Just buy HyperX PnP sticks if you are unsure.

A CMOS reset should be more than enough for your issue. I've even done it by setting XMP profiles on my PnP sticks.

Ur right xonar coz i tried vengeance still no luck i will try to find hyper X pnp! But i have question when i push the start button the Led lights up and the fan is running and after a while the start to increase rpm?if theres any problem or is that normal coz i dont have ram with xmp profiles?

Xonar, I tried the MS1762 bios since I have the ivy-bridge equipped whitebook. At first it seemed fine but when I opened Nvidiainspector my current core and memory clock showed weird value that I have never seen before. It was 324 on both core and memory clock. The idle should be 405 / 135 for core and memory clock respectively. Also when I tried to overclock my 680m I encountered BSOD. Opening GPUZ also leads to BSOD. Unfortunately, I don't have the default bios. Would resetting the CMOS bring my laptop to its default BIOS and solve the BSOD ?

Thank you.

Edit :

Resetting the CMOS didn't set to my default BIOS instead Xonar's BIOS is still set. Gonna try the Blind flash and see what will happern.

Or does anyone have the default BIOS for Whitebook 1762 with 680m ?

clearing the cmos only sets your bios settingd to default, it doesn't restore your original bios. blind flashing is only for when your computer doesn't post.

you can find your original bios at msiwhitebook.com

Thank you for the explanation. I thought I was getting my original BIOS back.

That also explains why I can't do blind flash instead of it I was getting black screen only without the beep sound.

Is it correct to say that I have good flash but some value in the BIOS is incorrect ? Or else ?

It said in BSOD that nvddklm is the cause. I am unable to do run any program that uses my GPU for 3d, however monitoring is ok with Throttlestop.

I did clean install with 310.70 WQHL but I am still getting the problem. I also flashed another VBIOS from svl7 ( old VBIOS ) but that doesn't change anything.

Looks like the core and memory clock are locked at 324 because no matter what I do it wouldn't change or simply BSOD.

By the way, I didn't find the original bios in msiwhitebook that you said earlier.

Is that the GT70 ONC retail version BIOS ?

Well, this could be a sign that I have to study harder for my final than trying to play with my laptop :sweat:

Well, been searching in the forum and no one has the link for the original BIOS.

I think I have to contact the MSI :) And I hope this isn't hardware problem.

Thank you Suoah for helping me out :)

I also would like to ask Xonar if has anyone had this problem before, thank you :)

Edit : I got an unlocked MSI GT70 ONE bios in NBR that finally solved my problem :)

Well, been searching in the forum and no one has the link for the original BIOS.

I think I have to contact the MSI :) And I hope this isn't hardware problem.

Thank you Suoah for helping me out :)

I also would like to ask Xonar if has anyone had this problem before, thank you :)

Edit : I got an unlocked MSI GT70 ONE bios in NBR that finally solved my problem :)

What is NBR?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if I don't post comments correctly. I just got my new GT70 Barebone/ 1762. It is the model with the 680m. I saw that you were looking for testers for my particular model and would have no problem doing it. I have experience in flashing my bios bios, so I'm not afraid to do it. The only problem is that i do not have 5 posts to download attachmets.

A bad bad place where computer enthusiasm goes to die :-)

/joke

It's a rival notebook forum (notebookreview.com)

Haha I actually lol'd good1

Hi! May you help me with my MSI GE70 0ND? Unlock E1756IMS.10F BIOS. Link: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE70-0ND.html#/?div=BIOS

Thanks!

I would recommend MSI's website: http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?board=51.0

Make a account and donate, then SVET will make you a custom EC or BIOS based on your desire :) but sure if someone will do it for you here then np ^^