MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Also i'd like to know about this bios - will it be possible to set my memory in 1600 mode after unlocking the bios??? On the INTEL site is said that the 2670qm sandy bridge CPU only supports max 1333 Mhz memory. But i saw meny people on such forums who have notebooks with 2670qm and 1600 or quicker memory. Some people say that such memory frequences are only able due to unlocked bios and the CPU actually still works on 1333. I would be very happy if it turns out that all the same it can operate at higher frequencies than 1333!!!!:Banane30:

So what is the truth?

I would be very happy if it turns out that all the same it can operate at higher frequencies than 1333!!!!:Banane30:

So what is the truth?

Jut buy any 1600 RAM except stupid Blue HyperX and it will work as it should on your 2670QM. Not sure if it will work at 1866.

Jut buy any 1600 RAM except stupid Blue HyperX and it will work as it should on your 2670QM. Not sure if it will work at 1866.

Sounds good:soap: but why are you so sure?

you yourself tested the performance of the laptop based on 2670m with both memory and saw the difference in the results?:concern:

Sounds good:soap: but why are you so sure?

you yourself tested the performance of the laptop based on 2670m with both memory and saw the difference in the results?:concern:

Why, simple trust means nothing nowadays?

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

About second question... you asked yourself if it is possible to use it. Now when you got an answer you doubt in it?:P

archieving - plus 2-3.5%

games on dedicated GPU - good if gives 1%

games on iGPU - plus 50% (depends)

Why do you really need it? All you do in OS will get improvement like responce on clicking smth, Alt+Tab, using anything which is stored to RAM. Just better experience. We call it snappiness:)

Quotte:

I am currently looking for people with 3rd-gen core-i (Ivy Bridge) G-series notebooks as testers. Please contact me if you are interested.

Hi,

A Have a MSI GT70 3 gen. Notebook with Win 8 64 bit. the Bios File are E1762IMS.50T First Release i had Interested for Beta Testing.

Here are the Dates:

German Win.8 64 bit.

Greets: DenoK2509

Sorry for my bad Englisch...

hey again,

i downloaded the zip file for the gx740 bios but it only contains the .rom file and not the afudos and upadate.bat like the tutorial says.

i usually flash my bios by using DOS 98 USB drive and by typing the .bat file-name

how am i suppose to flash the bios with the .rom?

Thank you

Hello everybody)) Need help. Yesterday flashed my MSI GT683 with unlocked BIOS. And everything was alright, untill I change to XMP profile 1 and set ddr 1600 mhz and display color 24 bit instead 18 bit. I didn't boot anymore. So I follow with reset CMOS. And everything was alright. After I tried again but just to set DDR to 1600 mhz without set set to XMP profile (left "AUTO"), I am using default ELIXIR 1333 mhz memory 3x4 gb = 12 gb total . And it is not booting anymore. No matter I reset CMOS or not, I tried to flash BIOS by force with combinations mentioned in this tread (ctrl+home etc, all of them) and no any beep comming.

Please help me. I need this machine badly.

It looks like your ram may not be capable of that speeds. Never set an XMP profile with a set memory speed, it will never turn on with this setting combination.

Have you tried doing a deep power off? Leave the CMOS battery out for a couple of hours.

Otherwise some 1600mhz ram may be able to boot, or maybe just a single stick of the 1333mhz ram?

I tried to remove all my memory and left only one, but no affect(

Finally I get memory from my friend (drr3 2gb from his ASUS Zenbook), I dont what frequancy it is. It was no any label.

And BRAVO!! It is alive :)

I reseted back to defaults and installed my 12 GB Elixir DDR3 1333 mhz (3X4Gb) and everything is working.

Thank you for all support :0

By the way, is it any option to OC my 2630QM in this unlocked BIOS? If there is, what sjould I do exactly))

Anyone can help me,after i updated my bios to unlocked version,my laptop is gt683r,everything is ok!so after that

I do some changing of settings,like the XMP i put in profile 1 and memory in1600mhz, my memory is only 1333mhz

When i save the changes and booted it only gives black screeni already done removing the Cmos battery lead but

Still the same problem,hope somebody can help me,

Thanks in advance

Hello! I have a problem: after flashing the BIOSI have stopped working right USB port (which is combined with sound cards). Help please!

MSI GT683

Somebody can help me?

Flash BACK.

Anyone can help me,after i updated my bios to unlocked version,my laptop is gt683r,everything is ok!so after that

I do some changing of settings,like the XMP i put in profile 1 and memory in1600mhz, my memory is only 1333mhz

When i save the changes and booted it only gives black screeni already done removing the Cmos battery lead but

Still the same problem,hope somebody can help me,

Thanks in advance

Are you trolling? Just read PREVIOUS page! All the same problem.