MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Found on the Forum's such a method to unlock the BIOS 162:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->~~~~ HOW TO OVERCLOCK 16F2 ~~~~

This is just a reminder. Follow these EXACT steps to overclock this board.

1. Open BIOS → ADVANCED → Intel ICC

2. Set ICC Watchdog Timer to Enabled

3. Save settings and exit.

4. Restart.

5. Open BIOS → ADVANCED → Intel ICC

6. Set ICC Watchdog Timer to Disabled (DON'T RESTART)

7. Open BIOS → ADVANCED → Intel ICC → DIV2S

8. Set base frequency to desired setting. (10400 = 104 MHZ)

9. Change clock spread spectrum to 0 (This stops downlocking)

10. Apply settings permanently after restart. (DON'T RESTART, EXIT TAB)

11. Set ICC Watchdog Timer back to Enabled.

12. Save settings and restart. (Your 16F2 should turn off)

13. Turn OC'd 16F2 back on... <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Обычная таблица"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

This method did NOT work, because the EC wont allow OS to boot so you'll need to reflash BIOS.

@Xonar. GE-series have 1 mSATA and 1 SATA which both work at 6GB speed. It would be great if RAID would be supported though I don't know if RAID Option ROM is in this BIOS at all. But I know where you can find it:p

Also XMP support would be awesome and other stuff for overclocking unlocked processors.

Again I assume it is possible to do 2 mods with 1 image: Xonar's unlock and svl7's vBIOS mod:D

BTW. Is there only ES 3720QM unlocked or other OEM 38X0QM and 37X0QM processors are unlocked too?

bumping my old question :)

I think I need some help guys.

I have an MS 1761, but when flashing (after I type update.bat), I got error " rom file romid is not compatible with existing bios romid"

after some Googling, I found some suggestion to add /x parameter to bypass ROMID check.

Is that true? (or in other way, IS IT SAFE?)

I'm sure already downloaded the right BIOS :)

Thanks in advance *beer*

If it can be changed from under windows this is a big step to improve the performance Thanks for your help.

flash MSI GT780DX(GTX570m) successfully

P.S>

Has anyone tried to activate intel HD3000, do not turn it into a brick my laptop?))

Did you get "rom file romid is not compatible with existing bios romid" error while flashing?

Or did you add /x parameter?

Is the modded bios allow hyperthreading to be disabled?

I hope I can shove off some temp out of my i7... almost enough to boil water. :62:

Yep, you can disable it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5466[/ATTACH]

whoa this is good news. Can't wait to flash unlocked bios to my MS 1761.

Hi everybody,

im not able to download and test it yet but after flashing with the custom version of Xonar do you think it will be possible to start and SSD

drive in AHCI mode after several bios found on the net only IDE mode seems to work

MSI: GX740 - MS1727

Bios Info:

BIOS BUILD E1727MS.10F 05/27/2011 (seems to be the last update maybe i'm wrong)

EC BUILD 1727EMS1.404 12/15/2009

Thank you for your moment.

bumping my old question :)

Did you get "rom file romid is not compatible with existing bios romid" error while flashing?

Or did you add /x parameter?

whoa this is good news. Can't wait to flash unlocked bios to my MS 1761.

flash on the instructions did not cause errors and problems, flash pass as the original BIOS from the site MSI

Hi everybody,

im not able to download and test it yet but after flashing with the custom version of Xonar do you think it will be possible to start and SSD

drive in AHCI mode after several bios found on the net only IDE mode seems to work

MSI: GX740 - MS1727

Bios Info:

BIOS BUILD E1727MS.10F 05/27/2011 (seems to be the last update maybe i'm wrong)

EC BUILD 1727EMS1.404 12/15/2009

Thank you for your moment.

I just updated the EC Build to 1727EMS1.406 still no change :(

Thanks dude i thought that too but when i did some research i found out that someone was able to customize the bios in order to make this work for ahci but that someone is doing this for money i don't blame him but i've just updated my rig i don't have any extra i thought that the community would help that's how i found this forum , maybe should i stick to IDE mode after all

flash on the instructions did not cause errors and problems, flash pass as the original BIOS from the site MSI

This confused me :|

I'll search again in other forum then.

thanks bro

update : the flashing works just fine.

added /x parameter @ AFUDOS /p /b /n command.

Right after flasing, had to change the SATA mode to AHCI (exactly as in the tutorial)

the soundcard need to be reinstalled though

:D :D

hellow everybody) I'm gonna try the unlocked bios. But i doubt will it help me.

My laptop is gt783 with 2670qm on board and its performance in gta 4 seems terrible to me. Memory is stock 12GB 1333. I like this game and I hope it's сaused by CPU underutilization. It's frequency reaches max 2,89 Ghz during the game and throttling is often. And i think that stopping the THROTTLING will help me. Does anybody know - am I right???

Thank for any reply)!!

I notice no file for the 16F3, any particular reason? Are people just using the GT60 bios?

- - - Updated - - -

This method did NOT work, because the EC wont allow OS to boot so you'll need to reflash BIOS.

This was the method I came up with to do it on my 16F2 and worked, I think it works on the 3rd gen machines too.

Thanks for the credit when posting it stas.......... :P