MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hi,

olalala iam sux its possible to unlock acces download bios by xonar iam look my model is E1762 thanks all.

I have this message cant download: Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file.

Edited by DeG

• 3 months later...
hello, I have been looking for a bios for quite a long time. finally being able to overclock my i7 3630qm which is starting to age. Unfortunately I can't download the zip yet. I hope to be able to in a few days and that the link is not dead. msi gt60 onc motherboard ms-16f3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It runs at 100% for about 1sec, then idle for about 10 sec, and on again... whatever CPU temp.

Tried replacing the fan itself, it has no effect.

Bios and EC firmware updated with latest from MSI.

I tried a lot of programs to change the speed curve (Dragon center, RWeverything, Fan control tools, speedfan, ...) none of those seems to work

Maybe setting fan speed directly from Bios could help, but i cant do it with MSI stock Bios because fan control is not available.

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Sylvain57 said:

It runs at 100% for about 1sec, then idle for about 10 sec, and on again... whatever CPU temp.

Tried replacing the fan itself, it has no effect.

No, unlocked bios can't help in your case, because fan adjustment placed in EC firmware (not in bios). I think your problem is related to some kind of hardware failure, or you need to thoroughly clean the heatsink from dust.

I already removed the heatsink, cleaned it and repaste both CPU and GPU. Didnt fix the fan. I also think hardware failure because in HWInfo data from the EC Controler are grayed, CPU temp seems accurate but only updates every 10 seconds or so, and system temp stays at zero.
Maybe with RWEverythink i could "force" a constant value for systemp temp (80°C for exemple) into EC, but i dont know which hex value to tweak, and i cant find the information anywhere.

Last thing i could think off was to power fan directly on a +5V source on the motherboard, but only if i cant find a better solution

Thanks for your help anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hi,
I have just upgraded my MSI GT72S 6QE laptop with a 980M 8Gb graphic card.
When i switch on the discrete GPU through MSI SCM software via the hardware button, the laptop asks to reboot and at boot I have a complete black screen.
Even the MSI logo doesnt show up. The OS is booting fine and i can log into windows (blindly or via RDP). The only way to get the screen on is to switch back to the integrated intel gpu. I tryied lots of different stuff found on the internet but I still got the same result. I believe that its a bios/vbios issue.
Any help would greatly be apreciated.
Thank you !

• Bios Modder
17 minutes ago, Maeg said:

Hi,
I have just upgraded my MSI GT72S 6QE laptop with a 980M 8Gb graphic card.
When i switch on the discrete GPU through MSI SCM software via the hardware button, the laptop asks to reboot and at boot I have a complete black screen.
Even the MSI logo doesnt show up. The OS is booting fine and i can log into windows (blindly or via RDP). The only way to get the screen on is to switch back to the integrated intel gpu. I tryied lots of different stuff found on the internet but I still got the same result. I believe that its a bios/vbios issue.
Any help would greatly be apreciated.
Thank you !

Hi!

Try to flash into your 980M 8Gb vBIOS from MSI, for example this one:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/171380/171380

• Bios Modder
13 minutes ago, Maeg said:

The thing is that the system doesn't seem to detect the card. How to flash it with blank screen ? 

Try to boot laptop with Intel integrated GPU. Then run NVflash utility, and check if NVflash will detect Nvidia GPU.

45 minutes ago, Klem said:

Try to boot laptop with Intel integrated GPU. Then run NVflash utility, and check if NVflash will detect Nvidia GPU.

I did on both intel and discrete GPU but nvflash states that it doesnt detect nvdia card on the system.

Its really like if the motherboard was not giving juice to the card. That why i was thinking that its maybe the BIOS of the motherboard that doesnt activate the hardware.

Edited by Maeg

1 hour ago, Maeg said:

I did on both intel and discrete GPU but nvflash states that it doesnt detect nvdia card on the system.

Its really like if the motherboard was not giving juice to the card. That why i was thinking that its maybe the BIOS of the motherboard that doesnt activate the hardware.

Is it possible that its because the laptop bios is not unlocked and doesnt have the vendor ID ? 

MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro G

Model MS-1782

BIOS: E1782IMS.122

EC: 1782EMS1.106

Could an unlocked bios help with this issue ?

• Bios Modder
28 minutes ago, Maeg said:

Is it possible that its because the laptop bios is not unlocked

No.

28 minutes ago, Maeg said:

Could an unlocked bios help with this issue ?

No.

4 hours ago, Klem said:

No.

No.

This means that its probably a motherboard hardware issue ? 

I'm replacing the graphic card because previous one "burned" cause of high temp ...

From my understanding and please correct me if i'm wrong, there is no hope to make this card work on my laptop ? 

Thanks again for all your help

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, Maeg said:

This means that its probably a motherboard hardware issue ? 

I'm replacing the graphic card because previous one "burned" cause of high temp ...

From my understanding and please correct me if i'm wrong, there is no hope to make this card work on my laptop ? 

Thanks again for all your help

Unfortunately I can't help in your case, because I can't remotely check your laptop and its components. I recommend you contacting a repair service center.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, Klem said:

Unfortunately I can't help in your case, because I can't remotely check your laptop and its components. I recommend you contacting a repair service center.

Ok, thanks again for your help. I'm an IT engineer with 15 years of experience so any PC related stuff will be ok but unfortunetly I'm not an electrician...

I dont think the laptop is valuable enough to bring it to a repair service center, its probably going to cost too much without any warranty it will work ...

I thought that since its booting and working fine on the integrated GPU that the mobo was not impacted by the burned discrete GPU. This doesnt seem to be the case since the new dGPU is not showing any signs of life...

I'm currently in discussion with the seller of the 980M to see what are my options.  

Is there any way at low level (maybe some dos old program ?) to see if the motherboard sees the dGPU at all ? I suppose it should use some IRQ or "slot" and reserve it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Could be:

1. Wrong Vbios
   a) with Gsyc
   b) without Gsync
   c) with optimus
   d) without optimus

2. Booting not into  UEFI mode.

3. Error code 43 in most cases means a faulty card.

4. 980m made by DELL, incompatible with some clevo, msi laptops. (from what I remember, different pins layout for temperature sensor). Check subvendor/vendor of gpu, by seller maybe?

When 980m is in slot/socker and notebook is working, does gpu heatsink getting warmer? There is small heatpipe(from GPU heatsink) which is going to CPU heatsink(ends with a small plate) you have to unscrew it first - separate gpu and cpu heatsinks.
Can you see anything in bios gpu slot?
Does device manager show 2 positions under display adapters?

If you want to "play" with it there is a gtx 1070 in best possible edition to get, only one downside, it requires graphics drivers modification to make it work.

• 1 month later...

Just got my hands on a old MSI GX740 and is amazed to find a thread like this still alive :D

Is the modified BIOS for my laptop flashable with the MSI HQ forum flash tool? or do i need to use the one recommended in this thread?

and another thing, this bios should give me the option to enable legacy mode for the graphics card rigt?

Do I need to upgrade the firmware for the EC controller as well for a hd7970 to work in my laptop and is the EC firmware included in the download?   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am looking for an unlocked bios for msi Gt60 2PC Dominator with i7 4710MQ processor.

The rest of the parameters on the attached screen

https://files.fm/u/u7p66w83s

I would also like to replace my GTX 870 3GB with a Quadro M3000m 4GB card, I read on the net that you need to upload MSI bios from GTX 970M or other modified to it to work with the laptop.  The quadro card is dell precision 

Thx for help

• 3 weeks later...