MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

After playing around with some settings and locking myself out of the bios i tried the recovery methods listed in the first post but still had no luck.

I managed to get it going again after some trial and error and i have some tips for those who may experience issues with accessing the bios (black screen etc.).

I managed to fix mine after doing both a CMOS and EC reset.

To do this first disconnect the CMOS battery wire shown in the first post.

Then disconnect both the laptop battery and the AC power source.

Press the power button to make sure its completely off and leave for a few minutes.

Reconnect the CMOS battery wire, laptop battery and AC power.

You should now be able to startup and access the BIOS.

Hope this helps

Hi!

successfull for me. MSI GX740. I flashed the unlocked bios using the package for the 16f1 . Just replaced the .rom by the good one, and change the name into the update.bat file.

reboot, usb boot, flash, all done. And my SSD now ROCKS baby !

thank you ;)

Hi Guys

I have the problem with my GT70 0ND. My external graphic card is out (burned and no say good bye) and I need switch in the BIOS the prefer adapter into internal Intel adapter. The fan ins on full throttle and make good noise. How I can do it. pls. Can You help my? Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome

I also ask how to tweak 2920xm the GT780?

Multipliers can change but it did not give you something blocks the increase in clock

MSI has released a limited edition GT780DXR with 2920XM CPU clock speed and there is 4,16GHz but you can tweak or GT780

Does anyone else have a limited access to the BIOS?

Is it possible to somehow turn up at all GT780?

hello

i have update my gt780r with unlocked bios after changing my graphic card and i changed some setting but now my laptop dont boot i got black screen.

i tried to remove battery and cmos battery but nothing happend i also try to blindflash using amiboot.rom and notyhing work.

does anyone have a solution to my probleme i dont want to throw my pc away

Hello,

I have a GT7O OND-202US laptop. Today it didn't turn on anymore and I found out that's because of the graphic's card (675M). I removed the graphic's card and now it boots fine but with fan at full speed. I will need to flash unlocked bios to select Intel Card instead. Can anyone tell me where is the setting in unlocked bios to select it?

• 2 weeks later...
Looks Good!

- - - Updated - - -

is this based on what version?

Thanks for uploading the GX740 Bios! I hope it works with my medion X7811 because the Function Key panel has a different layout.

Best regards!

Hi.

I also have this type of machine. Now I have also which version? Gx740 or GT660 or what?

thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
Anyone know is this GT60 version suitable for my GT 60-2PC dominator pro 15.6”?

No. Dont try! This bios for old version of GT60.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning guys,

One question , in my system , msi GX780 , I verisone the bios 10H ( For Non - Raid Systems use only) and here is the version 30H ( For Raid Systems use only) .

I will not use the system raid , I can still put the version 30H ?

Hi, I have a MSI GT60 0ND, i lost my gtx675m after nvidia driver update so it's burned, no i bought a new card (gtx660m) it's all what i found to buy from internet (it has a mxm 3.0 slot same as gtx675m) but when i plug the card on the laptop and press Start button the laptop turn-on with fan noise but with black screen, nothing happen after that on every start when i plug-out the card the laptop turn on simply with the integrited gpu (intel hd 4000), so when i concluded is that the problem is with new card gtx660m (its works fin and tested on Dell laptop), so after some googling i 've found that some nvidia gpu from Dell Alienware work and same aren't compatible with other laptops because of vbios of this cards, because same Dell Based cards aren't detected by MSI laptop because of ID, so the solution is simple as wht they said on some forums, it's just to flash the card (vbios) with a new ID compatible with MSI bios, or modify MSI bios to detect the card fom Dell. So I hope that someone can give me any solution to find this vbios of gtx660m to work with my msi gt60 laptop or a modified msi's bios or any other link can help me.

Thank you so much.

Hello guys I need this bios in this topic and that is MS - GT780 / 783 ( 17 ' ' ) : .30H changed with the following default settings :

Internal Graphics - Enabled

Primary display - Igfx

because it has failed the geforce and do not know how to restart the notebook .

if you help me I can make a donation .

thanks

• Bios Modder
Hello guys I need this bios in this topic and that is MS - GT780 / 783 ( 17 ' ' ) : .30H changed with the following default settings :

Primary display - Igfx

because it has failed the geforce and do not know how to restart the notebook .

if you help me I can make a donation .

thanks

Oki. In attachment bios MS - GT780 / 783 ( 17 ' ' ) : .30H with default settings :

Primary display - Igfx

MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip

Oki. In attachment bios MS - GT780 / 783 ( 17 ' ' ) : .30H with default settings :

Primary display - Igfx

Thanks Klem ,

I hope to solve .

Now around the rom technician who he is trying to shelter the notebook .

Tomorrow I will tell you how it went .

thanks again

Sergio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thankyou OP.

Hopefully once ive been around here long enough (enough posts), i will be able to download and try the unlocked bios for the msi whitebook 17 laptop.

And even more hopefully i wont brick it as its my mates laptop!

Thanks again for what you do.

In my efforts last night to hit the 5 post requirement to download one of xonars unlocked bios files i got googling again to try and find a solution myself and managed to find out how to back my mates bios and then unlock it myself. Have tried to correctly flash it to the laptop and got error 18 first then with an alternate afubios file got a different error.

As its a medion erazer x7819 laptop doing the backup showed the bios file as a 3MB size bios file so that is what size the unlocked file is.

Hope this is correct and will try a few reboots and check the bios menus in the morning to see if the flashing of the bios to make it unlocked has worked.