AMD 7970M 015.022.000.001 undervolted BIOS?

Kestranor

So my first 7970M died on me after years of use, and I recently got a replacement. This time, I'm looking to undervolt the new one, as I suspect hitting 80-82 C temperature peaks from time to time did no favors for the old card. I'm not too concerned about performance, I'd prefer for the card to have a longer lifespan. I have seen the 7970M vBIOS pack here, but alas, I still have no rights to download it. Anyone willing to help me out by pointing me to a Dell 015.022.000.001 BIOS with a 0.975V undervolt (assuming it's allowed by the rules of course)?

I can also attach the stock bios of this card if it helps.

Thanks.

EDIT: nevermind... as soon as I posted this, I got promoted, and consequently, got access to the download. So I guess the issue solved itself.

EDIT2: seems I spoke too soon. That package only contains vBIOS files of older versions, not the latest one. The original question still stands.

Edited by Kestranor

On 11/28/2021 at 5:05 AM, Kestranor said:

So my first 7970M died on me after years of use, and I recently got a replacement. This time, I'm looking to undervolt the new one, as I suspect hitting 80-82 C temperature peaks from time to time did no favors for the old card. I'm not too concerned about performance, I'd prefer for the card to have a longer lifespan. I have seen the 7970M vBIOS pack here, but alas, I still have no rights to download it. Anyone willing to help me out by pointing me to a Dell 015.022.000.001 BIOS with a 0.975V undervolt (assuming it's allowed by the rules of course)?

I can also attach the stock bios of this card if it helps.

Thanks.

EDIT: nevermind... as soon as I posted this, I got promoted, and consequently, got access to the download. So I guess the issue solved itself.

EDIT2: seems I spoke too soon. That package only contains vBIOS files of older versions, not the latest one. The original question still stands.

Is it different to the standard 015.022.000.001 vBIOS? There is this one on TechPowerUp but it's probably the one you already have

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/181795/181795

All I can see is that is says it's 0.9V

On 12/1/2021 at 5:40 AM, MattyB said:

Is it different to the standard 015.022.000.001 vBIOS? There is this one on TechPowerUp but it's probably the one you already have

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/181795/181795

All I can see is that is says it's 0.9V

Yeah, that's the same as mine. I don't know why it says 0.9V, as it goes up to 1.0V under full load, at the highest clock rate.