Speaker Problem

disega

The deal is that one day I turned on my laptop and I noticed that the sound quality was mediocre. I recently updated my windows so I tried to system restore but to no avail. there is no bass..pls help Thanks

• Founder
yes I have already installed the Dell audio driver..it was working fine last few months.am planning of reinstalling it.

" Just reinstalled the driver and it didn't work."

[MENTION=4186]Alienware-Frank_L[/MENTION] may be able to assist.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Guest Alienware-Frank_L

Do headphones work? if not it could be a blown speaker

Also you could rather email us to get it fixed: [email protected]

Just include your service tag and contact information so we can reply and get that replaced.

I'll come back and post the results.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey guys,

Try a BIOS update. Click on the article below:

Alienware M14x R2, M17x R4 & M18x R2 Audio not detected

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys,

Try a BIOS update. Click on the article below:

Alienware M14x R2, M17x R4 & M18x R2 Audio not detected

@Alienware-Natalia_J

Norton Detecting it as a Virus...

Full Path: f:\users\parth\downloads\programs\m14r2a04win.exe

Threat: WS.Reputation.1

On computers as of Not Available

Last Used 8/25/2012 at 1:26:49 PM

Startup Item No

Launched No

Unknown

Number of users in the Norton Community that have used this file: Unknown

Unknown

This file release is currently not known.

Medium

This file risk is medium.

Threat Details

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

File Actions

File: f:\users\parth\downloads\programs\m14r2a04win.exe

Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:

600f6996d804a4dca5f1feb7ddf3370b5350fef324ed85852706d5db0eff23fd

File Thumbprint - MD5:

75f4fb0e1ba0f6760f53923bcad73716

So i became a hero and flashed the da above bios.. And now.. My screen got blank.. The fan id running at fullspeed i guess...

Waited for something to appear but after 10mins also nothing happened. Try to shut it off.. But i cannot. Please tell me what to do now...?????

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Please guys help me out..

I downloaded the new bios a04 from dell.. Norton detected it as a virus.. But then i thought may be prob. With my norton.. So resotred the file.. Started it.. My screen went black.. My lights where all on.. Fan was running superfast.. But then waiting for like 10mins .. It would get fixed.. But it didnt so.. After 30mins of it being in the condition i dared and opened the back case.. Pulled the battery connector and it shut down..

When i booted it.. Black screen show with lights on.. No splash screen.. Started beeping..

Please can some one help me recover my laptop.. Please..

I also am having problems with my M14x. The dell audio drivers I download from Dell's website are actually not as loud as when I use the drivers directly downloaded from Realtek. Also, sound quality has definitely diminished since the first time I got the M14x a few months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

The mic from alienware 14x is pooly designed, I have to say, When I video chat, I can hear echo of my own voice in the speaker, I have to replace with a portable notebook camera. I hate this. But I check everywhere and find no cure.

Please guys help me out..

I downloaded the new bios a04 from dell.. Norton detected it as a virus.. But then i thought may be prob. With my norton.. So resotred the file.. Started it.. My screen went black.. My lights where all on.. Fan was running superfast.. But then waiting for like 10mins .. It would get fixed.. But it didnt so.. After 30mins of it being in the condition i dared and opened the back case.. Pulled the battery connector and it shut down..

When i booted it.. Black screen show with lights on.. No splash screen.. Started beeping..

Please can some one help me recover my laptop.. Please..

Are you still with issue. Sounds like a bad bios flash and may require a blind flash on usb stick to fix it.

Yeah I fixed it the First time..

and Second time also it happened.. But as my replacement was approved i didnt have to WOrry About that ;)

Awesome i am glad you are getting a replacement. Sometimes its just better that way, some systems just have problem after problem.

Yeah.. BUt it is my 2nd Replacement .. and i am Not happy With the Quality of Product they r Offering!

The majority of Alienware systems are not riddled with problems. I do know where your coming from. This is my 4th system. Each one had multiple pieces replaced. This one current a motherboard, gpus and the system is not fully functional again as of this moment. I am in communications with a rep who is assisting me. When you do get your replacement I hope its in perfect condition. Atleast Alienware has a better build than most other Gaming pc's available. Good luck I know it can be rough going through any system issues.