[M14x R2] - VBIOS mod for higher boost clocks - TEST VERSIONS ONLY

svl7

tried 2nd of the 2 bios and when my laptop restarted I was getting very jerky mouse and slow performance on everything?

No idea, maybe the clocks are too crazy for your system.

Will test them when im at home again. :)

btw im experimenting with IC Diamond, MX-4 and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra on my old M14x R1.

Cool! Yeah, liquid ultra performs very well, just make sure it doesn't touch anything which is aluminium... :) ICD is a very good paste as well, but I stopped using it since I don't like the effect it has on the die when cleaning it off. It's pretty much impossible to wipe it off without scratching the die.

Yeah, possibly, thanks for the feedback, I take a look at it and see that I can improve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: How far can you push your mem without any issues?

svl7 I recently bought Acer Aspair V3-571G with Geforce GT640m DDR3. When i tried to overclock it i noticed that i can't reach more then +135Mhz on core. I want to know, can i achieve more than that?

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english.

ICD is a very good paste as well, but I stopped using it since I don't like the effect it has on the die when cleaning it off. It's pretty much impossible to wipe it off without scratching the die.

I've found using this completely dissolves it, then I can just dab it up. No scratches on the die. :D

Arctic Silver ArctiClean (60ml Kit) [AS-ACN-60ml] - $9.50 : PC Case Gear

• Thumbs Up 1

Insane overclock Amal, I honestly didn't expect it to work at those clocks... :D

svl7 I recently bought Acer Aspair V3-571G with Geforce GT640m DDR3. When i tried to overclock it i noticed that i can't reach more then +135Mhz on core. I want to know, can i achieve more than that?

Sure, this card should be capable of handling distinctly higher clocks, just look at the 640m LE score a couple of posts above... PM me with a GPU-Z main tab screenshot and a link to your BIOS, and I'll let you know what I can do.

Can anyone show me what the stock scores are? i see the OC scores you guys post but it's hard for me to tell how good it is, maybe post what gpu it matches stock vs which gpu it matches with the modded OC? thanks !

• Founder
Thanks Brian!

Your welcome, thanks for the donation towards T|I server costs! All users that donate are placed in the T|I Elite members group for a period of 30 days for each donation made. :)

Has anyone tested the files here? I'd be glad for some feedback, want to make publish them officially. The 1200 memory might not be the best for all cards... Let me ask again, what's a stable value which should work for all? 100MHz

Sorry SVL. I just have your basic 100mhz over bios flash. I haven't up'd it as my notebook is reaching stock thermal gpu limits and i need to repaste and haven't had time. I get heatsoak while playing rift as it pegs the cpu at 100 percent constantly (on 1 core) but causes the entire notebook to run hot. Also doesn't help its summer either. When I have time to teardown I will try the 135 over bios.

thanks!

ok cool the version you gave deadbydawn to test was that the same as the over 2 test bios you uploaded that you recently added?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry that my last comment didn't make sense. is the bios you gave deadbydawn to test the same as the last 2 bios's uploaded for the alienware m14x r2?