[M14x R2] - VBIOS mod for higher boost clocks - TEST VERSIONS ONLY

svl7

@svl7... I installed the A11 modded bios and my base core clock is on 650M is at 950mhz.. can u tell me a way to change it to 900 permanently using bios.. NVidia inspector and afterburner cant change it because im using 331.65 drivers... it doesn't allow GPU boost and overclocking so whatever clock speed is in bios it will make the card run at that particular speed only permanently... NO THROTTLING AT ALL :D..... but I want to run it on 900Mhz

Hi, i have windows 8 with 331.65 driver.

With origianl a13 bios, gpu clock freq works only at 745 mhz (becouse 331.65 doesn't allow turbo boost).

Now i have already installed a13 modded vbios, and immedialty i noticed that the clock freq works at 835 mhz...but i don't understand: 835 is the vbios setup? or is it the boost that now works?

wow thats odd. and you said it throttles still at ~67? the only other thing id try is exit msi kombuster, and test it the same way but in a game (windowed mode). i use skyrim.

edit* just thought of something.. you've been foolin around with nvidia inspector right? sometimes it's a bit screwy and stuff (which is why i dont like it.)

For example, this is taken from the link below:

Reverting to default P mode can sometimes, depending on what you did, lock your card at a specific clock speed. Simply reinstall drivers to fix (clean install not required).

perhaps it is forcing P0 for whatever reason. you may need to go back to defaults, by creating a .bat file and putting it into the same directory as the nvinspector exe. put this into the .bat and then run it:

nvidiaInspector.exe -setVoltageOffset:0,0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,745 -setMemoryClock:0,2,1500 -forcepstate:0,16

taken from http://tinyurl.com/c2m9tfa

wow thats odd. and you said it throttles still at ~67? the only other thing id try is exit msi kombuster, and test it the same way but in a game (windowed mode). i use skyrim.

edit* just thought of something.. you've been foolin around with nvidia inspector right? sometimes it's a bit screwy and stuff (which is why i dont like it.)

For example, this is taken from the link below:

perhaps it is forcing P0 for whatever reason. you may need to go back to defaults, by creating a .bat file and putting it into the same directory as the nvinspector exe. put this into the .bat and then run it:

taken from [GUIDE] Nvidia Inspector GTX670/680 - disable boost / fixed clock speed / undervolting

I used Kombustor for the screen shot, but i have the same situation with a real game.

Yesterday i tried with MSi Afterburner, and i have the same situation: for example i have a msi afterburner profile, with +215 clock freq, and +800 memory; when i apply this profile, in idle i always have 135mhz clock freq, and 405 memory, and when i start a game i have the overcloked value( 1050 mhz clock, and 2800 memory); so i'll use afterburner (not inspector).

For me this is a good situation, rather than always p5 stat

EDIT: and no, i think i have no problem with throttle; but i don't know exaclty, becouse my max temp was 62 (with overclock), and 57 (without overclock)....with coller master u2 pad.

yeah i had that problem with msi afterburner showing 405 mhz only. its a bug i think, cuz when i restart afterburner, it shows 135 which it should. which version of afterburner are you using?

version 3.0.0 Beta 16...but, if my memory serves me correctly, i tried with the 2.3.6 (stable) and there was the same bug.

Anyway i'm sure that after vbios installed, the turbo boost works (with 331.65 driver), becouse i have clock and memory values in tray icons, and when windows starts, for 1-2 seconds i see the max value ( clock 835, and memory 2000)...not 745 for clock.

The more ive looked into it the more i think it may be something to do with nvidia inspector. my clocks keep getting stuck as well. but when i open nv inspecter they go back down to 135... weird. all other programs say the 405mhz/835mhz. When restoring defaults in nvinspector, it can sometimes make your clocks stuck, depending on what you fooled around with so im going to attempt to uninstall everything and try some stuff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...