[M14x R2] - VBIOS mod for higher boost clocks - TEST VERSIONS ONLY

svl7

I might need to raise the voltage for this... we'll see.

No need to i just made a new record for my config using your MOD and it runs ABOLUTELY STABLE! :positive:

Here are my results while achieving a new category in 3dmark vantage scores ! NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2 score: P13136 3DMarks

This is my temp after the test - i was using MSI with max OC and turbo boost on as you can see:

post-3311-14494993349634_thumb.jpg

i was using the 304.79 beta verde drivers.

BIG THANKS AGAIN ! You are really awesome dude ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome scores guys! Please let me know what you think is a good default clock and base boost, also memory... Is this the max for stock voltage?

Do you want an overvolted version with even further increased clocks? Let me know, I really don't know how it exactly behaves since I don't have access to such a system.

Awesome scores guys! Please let me know what you think is a good default clock and base boost, also memory... Is this the max for stock voltage?

Do you want an overvolted version with even further increased clocks? Let me know, I really don't know how it exactly behaves since I don't have access to such a system.

Well i can only tell you that by all of your vbios mods the GPU temps didnt raise anyhow... maybe 1 C. Also the CPU temps are not moving more than max 2 C when using this mod compared to no mod.

But what i can say is that the PCH temp is going very high sometimes when playing demanding games. Not in the benchmark but while playing TSW for example i reach about 78 C while the GPU stays cool at 62 C max. What does this Intel PCH temperature mean ? I guess its a chipset...?

For me this is enough i dont need more svl7 since it wouldnt be usefull for every day playing but i guess someone else here wants to reach a new record in some benchmark tools. ;)

I think you can go even higher on this card as cooling is no problem at all.

Can anyone who uses the latest version please post a GPU-Z screenshot or link to it? I'm going to create a proper thread for the working versions and it would be cool to have some pics ;)

Thanks!

Can anyone who uses the latest version please post a GPU-Z screenshot or link to it? I'm going to create a proper thread for the working versions and it would be cool to have some pics ;)

Thanks!

Hm i thought i was using the latest GPU-Z version 0.6.2. Which version do you like us to make screenshots of?

Ah yeah, call me stupid but I'd like to see the whole window, just for aesthetics :) Ah, and no need to black out the device ID... that's the same for all 650m :P

Would be cool if someone could quickly test this version, should work flawlessly, the clocks are lower. I just want to give users are slightly more moderate option as well. :)

EDIT: Removed, forgot to tweak the memory, will be available in a new post shortly. Thanks.

Ah yeah, call me stupid but I'd like to see the whole window, just for aesthetics :) Ah, and no need to black out the device ID... that's the same for all 650m :P

Here sir ! ^^

post-3311-14494993350197_thumb.gif

Not oced only the vbios mod: M14x_R2_925base_1100boost_1350mem.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome! Thank you.

Oh, btw... seems the memory is unchanged... I have to take a look at this.

Edit: Ah, seems I forgot this... will fix it. What's a good and stable memory clock value?

Okay guys, can do me a favor and test these two versions? They should really be complete now, I didn't change a lot, mainly fixed the memory OC and made a slight core clock adjustment.

Just let me know whether it clocks as expected, I really assume that it works fine.

And may I ask for a GPU-Z screenshot? Thanks!!

As soon as this is confirmed to work fine, I'll make a proper thread for the final releases and upload them officially. :)

EDIT: Files removed. Guys... I need feedback, so if you download the files and flash them I also expect you to provide something as well... GPU-Z logs, screenshots etc.

Will test them when im at home again. :)

btw im experimenting with IC Diamond, MX-4 and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra on my old M14x R1. Since it takes alot of time to wait the cure times and for the disassembly and reassembly i can post my thread about it in a 1 or 2 days soonest maybe. I started last week with the test and made alot of single test scores already which need to be analysed. However actually it looks like the Liquid Ultra performs best of them all with 4-5 C at load and 1-3 C at idle. I was hoping for another result but well see when im finished with the statistics ^^.