[M14x R2] - VBIOS mod for higher boost clocks - TEST VERSIONS ONLY

svl7

You'r too kind good sir :)

I would be very grateful if you would modify the vbios for me. If you do I will definitively test it and provide feedback.

Just one question, how do I find my GPU's vbios and how do I update it?

The vbios is part of the BIOS of your notebook, so that's why I need a link to a BIOS download. I will then modify the vbios in the BIOS and all you have to do is flash the BIOS.

Hahaha, I like it, this score is more than 15% above a stock 660m if I remember correctly, and as far as I know the 660m can't beat this without a similar mod :P

Pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

No need to extract the BIOS, all I need is a link to download the BIOS, BIOS updates can be found on the support site of your notebook vendor, and the flashing tools and instructions as well.

Hahaha, I like it, this score is more than 15% above a stock 660m if I remember correctly, and as far as I know the 660m can't beat this without a similar mod :P

Pretty cool.

awesome :D yeah i even read on another forum (don't even remember which one) where they referred to you with this thread (they were talking about how get more out of the 660m).

Hello! I found this BIOS for my notebook MSI Europe - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more. But I'm pretty sure that that is for the other BIOS. I will ask MSI for the GPU BIOS and then I will create a GPU-Z log file with the GPU without overclock at about 100% load. Then I can send it to you in a pm. That are all that is needed, right? :)

I think you didn't understand my explanation, the GPU BIOS (VBIOS) is part of the system BIOS in your case, so all I need is the actual system BIOS. :)

So the link you just posted is pretty much all I need (assuming this is the BIOS link for your system).

Since this is pretty off-topic here, can you PM me a GPU-Z screenshot and possibly a GPU-Z log of your system? Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanted to thank you too now svl7 your mod is working perfect stable and gives me a performance boost i would never believe i could get. Here are 2 different results of my 3dmark vantage tests.

first with turbo enabled: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2 score: P12739 3DMarks :bananadoggywow:

second is with turbo disabled: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2 score: P12082 3DMarks:Banane48:

The temps without turbo dont get higher than 74 C on the highest core with an average of 70 C on all cores at nearly the same performance boost like the turbo was on. Thats just awesome and like i had a light oced gt660m and not a gt650m.

BIG THANKS FOR THIS svl7!

hopefully the USB problems will get worked on one day then im in love with this laptop. btw i didnt repaste yet and dont use a cooler pad. I only elevated the laptop with selfmade rubber feet at the backside by 2 cm.

edit: forgot to mention the gpu temps. but they are in no case higher than 64 C. Without turbo boost like in the second test the max temp was 62 C.

what i find strange, is, that if i observe HWINFO a while, the gpu core voltage is set at 0.925 for most of the time, even if i'm not doing anything at all. shouldn't it drop to 0.812 more often? specially while idle?

what i noticed is, that when i open gpu-z (with hwinfo opened as well) and monitor the gpu temp etc. the clocks will drop to the minimum. the moment i close gpu-z and watch in hwinfo what's happening, the clock on the card will raise again and will stay up there.

Hi svl7,

Will it be possible for you to mod a bios for SONY VAIO S PREMIUM with GT640M LE Kepler?

Soo many people(VAIO S Owner) will be very grateful if you can help us out.

Can't imagine if we are able to overclock a GT640M LE to a GT650M level, or maybe GTX660M(Basically same spec except the core clock and GDDR5 Memory). :joyous:

Here's the link for the SONY VAIO S PREMIUM BIOS :

Sony eSupport - SVS13A15GDB - Drivers & Software

Sony eSupport - SVS13A15GDB - Support

Thanks!

Hi svl7,

Will it be possible for you to mod a bios for SONY VAIO S PREMIUM with GT640M LE Kepler?

Hi, and welcome to T|I!

I can take a look at it and see whether it's possible. I'm going to send you a PM with some details as it's a bit off topic here.

Another version for M14x R2 users...

A similar mod works very fine on the Clevo 650m with DDR3 RAM, so let's see how the M14x can keep up with this :)

925MHz default clock, 1100MHz boost, 1350 MHz memory.

If you flash it, let me know how it goes. GPU-Z log would be appreciated.

It might not work perfectly on all M14x, but we'll see... I've now seen a couple of 650m of other systems running at such speeds, some even at 1200MHz and more.

EDIT: File removed, need to tweak something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another version for M14x R2 users...

A similar mod works very fine on the Clevo 650m with DDR3 RAM, so let's see how the M14x can keep up with this :)

925MHz default clock, 1100MHz boost, 1350 MHz memory.

If you flash it, let me know how it goes. GPU-Z log would be appreciated.

It might not work perfectly on all M14x, but we'll see... I've now seen a couple of 650m of other systems running at such speeds, some even at 1200MHz and more.

That looks sick ^^. Im going to test it as soon as i can and post my results. Since ive repasted my M14x R2 the temps are very nice and it should be no problem at all to squeeze the last bit out of the GPU now.

These are my Idle Temps after 3 days cure time of MX-4 and at first windows start at this day still using your first vbios mod without a problem:

post-3311-14494993349444_thumb.jpg