P17SM-A / i7 4910MQ OC / Prema mod

alescx

Hi,

I would like to OC my cpu in my Clevo P17SM-A and I found this on a different forum: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/finely-stable-4910mq-oc.778717/

I'm new at this to start with and I didn't do much overclocking since the days we had to switches  jumpers on the motherboard of our computers. I wanted to get the same results more or less, but in his steps, the guy mentions that there is a setting in BIOS called "Long duration power limit". Albeit he has an Alienware, but I googled a bit around and found out that some Prema bioses have the same setting under the OC menu. My BIOS Version is 1.03.11PM v2 / EC 1.03.09 and it doesn't have the setting in question. Can someone bring some light on how can I OC this cpu without damaging it. Beers are on me obviously :)

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, alescx said:

Hi,

I would like to OC my cpu in my Clevo P17SM-A and I found this on a different forum: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/finely-stable-4910mq-oc.778717/

I'm new at this to start with and I didn't do much overclocking since the days we had to switches  jumpers on the motherboard of our computers. I wanted to get the same results more or less, but in his steps, the guy mentions that there is a setting in BIOS called "Long duration power limit". Albeit he has an Alienware, but I googled a bit around and found out that some Prema bioses have the same setting under the OC menu. My BIOS Version is 1.03.11PM v2 / EC 1.03.09 and it doesn't have the setting in question. Can someone bring some light on how can I OC this cpu without damaging it. Beers are on me obviously :)

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - I'm trying to install a 980M GPU in an XMG 704 - which is a Clevo P17SM-A laptop with i7-4810m.  

Please could someone PM with a link to the Prema Mod bios for this machine?  Have been looking for it for a couple of hours now with no luck. Thanks

• Bios Modder
23 minutes ago, fun_mat said:

Hi - I'm trying to install a 980M GPU in an XMG 704 - which is a Clevo P17SM-A laptop with i7-4810m.  

Please could someone PM with a link to the Prema Mod bios for this machine?  Have been looking for it for a couple of hours now with no luck. Thanks

Hi!

Check your PM box.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to welcome you all. I changed P150EM to P17SM and that's where the problems started. I installed the Quadro M3000M GPU, GPU-Z does not recognize the card name and only sees the temperature. The factory SM had a GTX 770M. I threw 16gb of EM ram memory into SM, but the bios only sees 8gb. Has anyone had similar problems? Can I have Premamod bios please? Regards

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...