RTX 3080 CPU bottle necking

chrisssj2

So some people claim that 1080p and 1440p have some cpu bottlenecking for the 3080/3090. My question is however, does this still count when you are using DLSS, which has the internal resolution for 1080p/1440p but upscaled to 4k?

Since people say at 4k you have no issues with cpu bottnecking. I am curious to know if this counts for DLSS 4k too. (performance/balanced/quality mode)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 5:42 PM, Walda said:

Can the Core i7-2600K only handle games with very low CPU requirements or high CPU requirements too?

It would very much depend on the game, but with modern games making use of more cores and higher IPC gains I imagine you'd be limiting yourself if the option to upgrade is there.

I upgraded my i7-4790K based desktop P.C with a 3080 FE. I noticed a HUGE uptick in performance when I changed the rest of the system to X579, Ryzen R7 5800X, DDR4 etc.

IMO, a B450/R5 3600 based system is the absolute sweet spot for $$ to performance. I've noticed quite a few i7-6700hq/7700hq systems with a GTX 960 or GTX 1050/1060 gpu going for affordable prices on the secondhand market if portability is a requirement