[GUIDE] AMD VBIOS flashing

svl7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hello,

i miss times when things worked on firtst attempt....however,

when i booted dos and typed atiflash -i

it tells me : page fault cr2=80401000 at eip=419 blablablabla error=0006 (if u need the extended text, tell me i have a picture of it)

this happens for every command i enter. but if the command is uncorrect it tells me the command is uncorrect....

im on clevo p170em with 7970m + enduro, i want to get my orginaly bios so svl7 can help me modifie them 2 my needs

SOLVED:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/4316-%5Bguide%5D-amd-hd7970m-enduro-vbios-modify-flashing-p1x0em-etc.html

sorry guys

• 3 weeks later...

Does page 1 load for you?! I can't get it to load for some reason!!

All of the important information is on page 1 so I'm kinda SOL there. Would be nice to be able to change the voltage on my own for the couple of things I would like to try!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. When puting hd 5870 then flashing caplock and scroll, numlock is on always. I tryed other card so all working. When put hd 5870 all the same but 3 beeps. One long and two short. How to make to work this cards again?

Yes. When puting hd 5870 then flashing caplock and scroll, numlock is on always. I tryed other card so all working. When put hd 5870 all the same but 3 beeps. One long and two short. How to make to work this cards again?

I can sell you a properly programmed vbios chip, then you simply need to do some soldering and your card should work again.

Or you could send me your card for testing, but that takes longer and costs more due to all the shipping.

That's all I can offer since your system doesn't POST.

The shipping costs back to your location plus a fee to cover the time I need to fix the cards. In case you know someone who can solder then I can simply send you the chips, that will save you money and time. If you want to send me the cards then please PM me with the details and I can come up with some concrete numbers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, is it 100% safe using VBE7.0.0.7b to edit current card (I got 7970m by Dell in my MSI GX660) VBIOS dump?

I mean, is it a reliable tool (consider I want just try some under/overvolting and nothing else) or may create corrupt images?

EDIT:

Yes it is. Just undervolted my Dell 7970m [VBIOS 015.017.000.001.042717 (113-C42904A1-117)] with VBE7 and worked fine! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So how long does it take to flash a HD6970M to a clevo P150...I made the mistake buying a new card from E-bay taken from an Dell Alienware so now it beeps during boot and shuts down after 1 minute,,,,

If anyone have any tips it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!