AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

I'm giving up trying to OC the card. I have tried all vbioses I could find around here, with or without throttlestop, and no matter what I try I can hardly break 6.4k 3dm11.

At stock clocks, the physics score is ~7.5k, gpu ~6.2k and combined score ~4.8k, without TS running. With TS running...the gpu score goes a tad lower.

The more I oc or ov the gpu, the lower the scores go.

I do believe there is some strange throttling going on but I cannot pinpoint exactly the issue.

If someone is kind enough to walk through a troubleshooting session with me, I will be forever thankful.

Is it possible to have the Vbios pack translated to a Clevo P series (with Enduro). I would be happy to test the settings on my rig (P150em), to confirm that they're stable.

I've tryed to use AtiWinflash to extract the vbios, which seems to work.

You can find the stock Clevo P150EM.rom file here (which I extracted directly from the system): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0dm65y484rch23y/DB-9W-UV54

Thanks in advance!

/aatind

hehe! had m18x with 2x 7970m. both couldn't go higher than 910/1350 on stock 1.0v voltage. didn't try overvolting, though. whant to wait till 8970m is released, could be possible to flash its bios on 7970m)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I officially have the gayest 7970m that exists..

Clocking at a whooping 925/1500 @ 1.025v

Everything else crashes or throttles..

at least you can OV, I don't know how/manage to do it ... if someone explains me ! And BlueNasser has got some crazy clocks !

I officially have the gayest 7970m that exists..

Clocking at a whooping 925/1500 @ 1.025v

Everything else crashes or throttles..

I beg to differ. The more I oc/ov the lower my scores go. That's a big hella LOL.

hehe! had m18x with 2x 7970m. both couldn't go higher than 910/1350 on stock 1.0v voltage. didn't try overvolting, though. whant to wait till 8970m is released, could be possible to flash its bios on 7970m)

What exactly would we gain from doing that? :s

What exactly would we gain from doing that? :s

1. Stock clocks on 8970m are 900/1250 with higher voltage which can result in better overclocking

2. It's always nice to have the most up to date gpu in your laptop, hehe)

I doubt too much would be gained from flashing a 8970m vBIOS in comparison to just flashing an overclocked one for the 7970m. The 8970m is just a clock bump; AMD is planning on outdoing their current GPUs (in the desktop area either) for the rest of the year.

What can I use besides 3dmark to test the card for throttling? And something besides furmark aswell, as I kinda fear it not to damage the card or something else in the laptop.

Unigine 4.0

I doubt too much would be gained from flashing a 8970m vBIOS in comparison to just flashing an overclocked one for the 7970m. The 8970m is just a clock bump; AMD is planning on outdoing their current GPUs (in the desktop area either) for the rest of the year.

There is a rumor about 8990m in autumn this year to compete with gtx 780m!

• 2 weeks later...
Your card shouldn't get that hot if you have enough pressure on the die, especially not at 1V...

Try this.

Svl7, I just wanted to thank you again for this, it seems to have solved a lot of my issues without any drop in performance! if you have a paypal account i'd be happy to send you a few euro to have a beer on me. Without your hard work most of us would not have even considered trying the 7970m. Keep up the good work!