AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

Hey guys, why I cannot access the VBios Pack?

It says: "Invalid file ID" when I click the link on Downloads - Tech|Inferno Forums.

How can I donwload the VBios pack , please?

I need a Dell VBios with 1.075v , 900mhz/1250mhz..

I am an Elite member, so I should be able to download...

Thanks.

This link does not work for you?

AMD 7970M vbios pack - Downloads - Tech|Inferno Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

i flashed my hd 7970m with your overvolaged vbios (1150) and it seems to me that there happend nothing.

Is it possibly my bios? because i can't run it stable at 950/1400 with this vbios.

May my bios handle this?

Thanks for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...
If nothing else shoot me a PM with your email addy and I'll shoot you the entire vbios pack as soon as I get it. It will come as a zipped file with all of the files the pack contains.

Just thought I'd offer to help!

That sort of defeats the entire purpose of T|I implementing the board rules, don't you think? @yurikal, drop any of the mods a PM for assistance if you're still having that problem.

Hey,

i flashed my hd 7970m with your overvolaged vbios (1150) and it seems to me that there happend nothing.

Is it possibly my bios? because i can't run it stable at 950/1400 with this vbios.

May my bios handle this?

Thanks for your help :)

What's your reported 3D voltage? Post a screenprint of GPUshark in detailed view. My primary card used to be stuck at 0975v no matter what vBIOS I flashed.

can I use a 7970m vbios on 8970m?

I don't think so, since flashing a 7970M with an 8970M vBIOS bricks the card. Why would you want to do that anyway?

I don't think so, since flashing a 7970M with an 8970M vBIOS bricks the card. Why would you want to do that anyway?

Really? I never had the chance to test this.

But I know for a fact that 8970m with a 7970m vbios will brick the card, no way to recover per blind flash.

Really? I never had the chance to test this.

But I know for a fact that 8970m with a 7970m vbios will brick the card, no way to recover per blind flash.

I remember hearing it in one of the early video's from Eurocom when the 8970M was just released. I think it's

one, I can't be sure atm as YouTube is blocked at work. I'll double check the link once I'm home.

edit: Nope incorrect video, seems like the same video but the linked one is much shorter. I'll try to find the correct source.

I think they may have chopped up that video, I remember the video dragging on with the cards in the shot and the guy mumbling about all his tests including trying to get the 7970M to be recognised as a 8970M. It was upgrademonkey since Eurocom seems to have their own channel.

Just found @Prema's post where he mentions he has tested it. His post is here.

Hi all,

I work very hard to buy my Clevo p150em + amd 7970m (1 time i have a monster computer ) rolleyes2.gif

i read your posts about change the amd 7970 clock and voltage.. and i like to know if works good and about the temps too??

BSO appear because bug overclocks??

PS: Sorry if i upset some one and sorry for my English too!

No, that will result in a non-POSTing card. Brick.

Some people tell me YOU are the RIGHT person to hellp me :)

Can i have 5m of your attention my friend?

I Just like to make a SAFE overclock on my clevo p150 amd 7970m i dont know how to flash vbios and whats the right one for me!!

I Just play 2h with 950 - 1400 bf4 overclock afterburn and no black screen os BSO.. so its ok right? but my tems go from 65º now to 80º this temps are ok?

I Like to have your opinion and your hellp if i can.. because i work so hard to buy this nice computer and if i broke, no money to buy another one! :( here the salary is to low on my country!

BIG TKS IN ADVANCE..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I see that you guys are waiting for an modded 021 (or higher) bios. Well, there came recently a program that's called VBE7. With that program you can edit the voltage, power limit and core/mem clock. Here is a link tot the tool:

VBE7 - vBIOS Editor for Radeon HD 7000 series cards | TechPowerUp Forums

I don't have a 7970m but i can open the newer biosses with that program and i can edit and save them. So it looks like it's working.

So I forgot - despite being told - that the original Dell 7970M was replaced with a new one with the 022 vbios and mistakenly tried to downflash. Now I have a brick and blind flashing on my Dell M6600 will not work. I will try later with an older MSI notebook, but assuming this does not work either... Any tricks or chances of success without changing the bios chip? (I do have the original image...)

im not quite sure if this will help you guys but on a gt683 (video card died with bios set to uefi) where a 7970m(says .....015.022 on a sticker on card and rev A00 on esd bag) wont post got it to work by bridging the cs pin and gnd pin on the bios chip of the card turning the laptop on and removing the bridge before flashing (used an autoexec bat file with 015.017 vbios)

P.S i think this will also work for debricking desktop amd cards (since it works for a 7970m and i debricked a gt220 that got flashed with a gt240 rom this way)

post-9557-14494996723135_thumb.png

post-9557-14494996723367_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you could do it in the dell unless the vga card is not easily accessible or is broken ?

Perhaps... In fact, the more I think about it - isn't it possible that what you did by shorting the two pins was bypassing the 7970M and booting with the on-die VGA, then - by removing the wires - making the 7970M visible to the bios, then flashing it?

Did your screen work when you first booted?

If so, I can only try it on the Dell, because the old MSI does not have a CPU with video (it's a Clarksfield).

its still a blindflash ,yeah prevents the card from initializing and freezing boot in the process ,the screen after it was flashed (bat file was set to reboot after flashing so I get a 98 shutdown screen)

The card first boot was a dud (i was getting worried that it may be a dud (or the laptop has a dead pcie slot )or i killed it somehow since i don't have any access to an aw system to test it with )

But essentially the card WAS working, only problem was it was not working with the MSI uefi ROM option, right?

Yeah but it would not post with the card's original vbios so it actually gave symptoms of a doa/brick card

it should technically have work otb if the bios is set to legacy

I was thinking it could work for you since it allowed me to debrick a gt220 and it worked with a mobile 7970 (that wont post)