AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

You could try one of the modded vBIOS from my modpack. It's based on the CLEVO P270WM 7970M (exact same vBIOS that you linked) and OverDrive is enabled so you can set whatever clocks you want. Just pick the stock voltage vBIOS with OverDrive enabled in the "Normal" folder and then set your clocks in CCC. It's here.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lol! :D I'm just glad I could help.

Congrats on the awesome score man. What TDP did you use for that run?

95/80 @ 25/25/26/26 :)

i still think the score is a bit low, i can't believe OC'd 680M is beating 7970m easily......so what next ?.......1100/1500 ???

Try 13.1 Cats and drop the XM multi's to 25 across all cores and lower that TDP slightly as your physics score seems to be lower than it should be. I suspect some throttling may be going on even though that TDP seems sufficient. Also run the bench straight after boot up without running any other applications.

I managed to get a physics score of just over 7000 with 25x and 90/82 TDP.

Try 13.1 Cats and drop the XM multi's to 25 across all cores and lower that TDP slightly as your physics score seems to be lower than it should be. I suspect some throttling may be going on even though that TDP seems sufficient. Also run the bench straight after boot up without running any other applications.

Wait Wait.....yolo bro, you are using standard 240W PSU ?

Wait Wait.....yolo bro, you are using standard 240W PSU ?

Yeah, I recorded up to 275W power draw with my Kill-a-watt without tripping. I can't game at these settings though, for benches it runs fine. For gaming I'm running the GPU's and CPU stock and its completely stable.

edit: My GPU's aren't really stock as they are running undervolted with the 0.975v vBIOS. Check this thread out for my 7970M CrossFire trials and tribulations :P ... and benchmarks... and power draw.

Yep,

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-950 Processor,Alienware 014M8C

200 points does not really matter, unless you are trying to beat somebody on 1st place in the world by 20 points.

So, i went to BIOS bumped +150mv 26 all cores, 5% BLCK, and power brick switched off during Combined Test in 3dMark 11, that was at 1020/1450 GPU clocks.

Any other attempt resulted in sw-off. assuming power draw of 7970m @1020/1450 + XM "5% "25 or 26 is more than 240 Watts......

How the hell you can run XF ?...you must be in the EDGE :)

I think I have a good PSU mostly. And for gaming I didn't really need the clocks to max out detail on TR, FC3, Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. Those games run mostly at 60fps except in certain areas which I think fps drops due to being CPU intense. Some areas where the fps drops just aren't optimised well. For example in TR there's an area I test with where the fps drops to around 33fps. So I overclocked only the XM, then only the GPU's, then both together and the fps still hovered around 33fps for all scenarios.

That extra bit of CPU score allows the 7970M's to breath a little more in benches imho. It's crazy that you managed to trip the PSU with one 7970M though! :D

I think I have a good PSU mostly. And for gaming I didn't really need the clocks to max out detail on TR, FC3, Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. Those games run mostly at 60fps except in certain areas which I think fps drops due to being CPU intense. Some areas where the fps drops just aren't optimised well. For example in TR there's an area I test with where the fps drops to around 33fps. So I overclocked only the XM, then only the GPU's, then both together and the fps still hovered around 33fps for all scenarios.

That extra bit of CPU score allows the 7970M's to breath a little more in benches imho. It's crazy that you managed to trip the PSU with one 7970M though! :D

cpu +150mV (then after first shut down tried +75mV) 25 or 26 FID 5% BLCK TDP 95/82

gpu 1020/1450 voltage at stock 1.05V

All tests passed ok, but when Combined test starts......

laptop shuts down, blue LED on the end of cable turns off, i have to plug off PSU, wait 30 seconds, and reconnect - and all is fine again

i know, that is some crazy @W$^ going on :)

Hi everyone! I came here to aks for some help. I have a G73jh and a 7970m from clevo, so i want to undervolt it to .975v to avoid all the heat that the card produce. Someone can awnser me if i am able to flash the dell vbios with this voltage and if i will have a post because my g73 need a vbios without enduro to work corectly.

And svl7 Could you change my vbios? thank you very much guys and sorry, my english it isnt very good.:apthy:

Hi im still quite a newbie and sorry for my bad english it isn't my language so :) i have a msi gt683dxr with 16f2 motherboard and i have a i7 2630qm and i have a 7970m clevo i flashed it with a dell 015.017 stock vbios all works well. and my 7970m is currently on stock voltage of 0.975v and i wanted to flash it to a 1.00v to gain more core power but at page 1 there isn't any rom version indicated because higher than 015.017 i know it will not work on my laptop so i just wanted to know what are the versions of does roms. and i still have the stock PSU 150w. do i need to upgrade it to 240w?? or 180w Psu. :)

Hey,

where can I find this vBios (1,075 p170em) or who I have to pm?

thank you

You can pm me xD but version of this vbios 015.018 , be sure you have same version of stock vbios. I think you can use p150em vbios for 170em, but Im not sure!

I bet svl7 knows : )

Hi everyone! I came here to aks for some help. I have a G73jh and a 7970m from clevo, so i want to undervolt it to .975v to avoid all the heat that the card produce. Someone can awnser me if i am able to flash the dell vbios with this voltage and if i will have a post because my g73 need a vbios without enduro to work corectly.

And svl7 Could you change my vbios? thank you very much guys and sorry, my english it isnt very good.:apthy:

@by_cleiton Have a look at my Clevo non-Enduro vBIOS pack.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just bricked by 7970m(s)

though my slave-card isnt confirmed bricked yet as I havent opened my m18x up yet to switch the cards between slots. Having read the whole thread (though not every single post in detail) I decided to flash my two 7970M-cards in my m18x to a high voltage VBIOS for high OC, having run my cards for about a year on 900/1250mhz I wanted more, however I couldnt even get 950/1200mhz stable, that having tried 1075v, 1125v and even 1150v I just wouldnt budge so I figured I'd give up and flash back to my default VBIOS, being unlucky my last flash back to default seems to have failed (even though my 5-10 prior flashes worked like a charm), perhaps my default bios was corrupt? Anyways now my m18x wont post at all, the pc turns on and cpu fan starts moving but not the LCD nor the graphics fans thus my suspicion they are indeed bricked. If I start up holding 'D' it wont do the colour-test either (need to be able to POST for this?).

I figure I have about 3 options.

1. Scrap my cards and buy a couple of new ones (by far most expensive option)

2. Buy a new VBIOS module of off eBay and solder it onto my card (anyone tried this?) Cheaper but will still cost me some time and money.

3. Try to blind-flash it, though having basically no experience in doing this, and google doesnt help me that much I would like to know if anyone else have done this? Anyone willing to post a guide regarding making a bootable USB that can handle a Vbios-rom and how to use it? I'm guessing I'll have to disconnect my hdds and dvd for it to choose USB-boot automatically? Or do I have to do this blind somehow? However, if it doesnt even POST (which I cant be sure of if it does,) can it boot from a USB?

EDIT:

I fixed it. As it so happens it was my master-card that was bricked while my slave-card was okay. All I had to do was to switch the cards between slots and then boot it up again, got screen and managed to flash my old master-card(now in slave-slot) with my default vBIOS. I guess running a crossfire-rig does have its advantages in terms of redundancy, I wont however experiment further on flashing vBIOS:es, it is simply too expensive if you do brick your card.

Do the modified ROM's in the bios pack that is downloadabe on this site work with the clevo based systems as well? I have a 150em with Enduro so I didnt know if that would affect things and definitely wanted to find out before I just started flashing. I have been able to use winflash to save a copy of my stock vbios from 4/12. If the Dell bios pack will not work for me I would appreciate anyone would could provide some overvolt or even an undervolt for some of my uses that I am curious about, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi all,im m15x 7970m new user from Indonesia. My gpu always overheat & thermal shutdown when played games in ultra setting.

This in my 7970m.rom : current bios vga - Download - 4shared - Arif DoLaY

What is the best dell vbios 7970m for Alienware m15x ,i7 740QM , 8gb ram ?

How to Download Vbios in 1st page ?

Thanks anyway