AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

I haven't tried anything above 1.05 but no reason it wouldn't work i guess, funny how you want a higher voltage and i want a lower one!

I don't really want a higher voltage I just want to get it back to stock. How did you manage to adjust your voltage without flashing?

I don't really want a higher voltage I just want to get it back to stock. How did you manage to adjust your voltage without flashing?

you need to unlock the overclocking ability in ccc using msi afterburner, then this will create an xml file in your app data/ ati folder, from here you can edit the voltage in the xml to what you want. Well except under 1.0v, I can't figure that part out.

there is an exact guide written by someone on the net somewhere but for some reason I am unable to find it now.

Edit: found it http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/669344-7970m-benchmark-results-only-68.html

Do any of you guys with an M17x R4 also have problems with throttling down? I can't even go past 1.05v without the card throttling down during load.

My card will throttle down almost instantly when at 1.125v, without the gpu going above 68C

you need to unlock the overclocking ability in ccc using msi afterburner, then this will create an xml file in your app data/ ati folder, from here you can edit the voltage in the xml to what you want. Well except under 1.0v, I can't figure that part out.

there is an exact guide written by someone on the net somewhere but for some reason I am unable to find it now.

Edit: found it 7970M benchmark results (ONLY) - Page 68

Thank you so much for that. I followed the steps and everything seems to be correct. I changed the value from 975 to 1050, saved, and if I close the filed and reopen it it's still at 1050. However if I try running a render test in GPU-Z I'm still maxing out at 975, so I go back and check the file and it resets it to 975 everytime. Any idea why it's doing this?

Forget to say that you have to close 2 things before changeing the voltage. In task manager close: CCC.exe and MOM.exe then change the voltage and be sure to Ctrl+s before you close the xml file, and start CCC again :encouragement:

THANK YOU!!!

This was my issue.

Forgot to tell my previous vbios was the 015.019 this new one is the 015.021

As it seems it's not compatible with my notebook.

Also a quick question, can I force flash it somehow? Can I wipe the vbios chip so I can reflash again the old one?

Thanks again :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I dont think the new cards like this method, im running 950/1500 @ 1.050v stock 0.975v, others can get there card stable at 1.100v for over 1ghz on core. But 1.100v is extremely unstable for me at 950/1500

- - - Updated - - -

Also planetside 2 is the only game that crashes my pc 950/1500 @ 1.050v, but when the voltage is set to 1.020v i am able to play it at those clocks weird...

But not games like crysis 2. Crysis 2 needs 1.050v.

- - - Updated - - -

How far can you guys overclock using the xml method with the .21 bios? with a stock voltage of 0.975?

- - - Updated - - -

Do any of you guys with an M17x R4 also have problems with throttling down? I can't even go past 1.05v without the card throttling down during load.

My card will throttle down almost instantly when at 1.125v, without the gpu going above 68C

Same here, my guess is that the cards vbios is conflicting with the software forced voltage? :s

Forgot to tell my previous vbios was the 015.019 this new one is the 015.021

As it seems it's not compatible with my notebook.

Also a quick question, can I force flash it somehow? Can I wipe the vbios chip so I can reflash again the old one?

Thanks again :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

i have the same problem..i've bought a dell 7970m with 015.022 vbios but it doesnt work in my gx660

i need to change vbios with one of the older version somehow re-flash maybe???

Hey all ! just passing by to say how much I'm disappointed to having found out that i'm with a .021 vbios :( just hoping that someone comes with a solution... As I've understood, we can't downgrade the vbios to overvolt, is that it ?

Hey all ! just passing by to say how much I'm disappointed to having found out that i'm with a .021 vbios :( just hoping that someone comes with a solution... As I've understood, we can't downgrade the vbios to overvolt, is that it ?

Yep.. welcome to the club of .021 bios cards, and the neverending wait for the new patcher..

the neverending wait for the new patcher..

That can easily be arranged ;)

We currently do not spend much time on the vbios patcher. I simply do not have the time anymore. I work hard and when I get home I do not have the creativity left required for programming. Sorry guys...

That can easily be arranged ;)

We currently do not spend much time on the vbios patcher. I simply do not have the time anymore. I work hard and when I get home I do not have the creativity left required for programming. Sorry guys...

I really do hope you will find the time, one day.. :)

Oh, I've one question ! Is there a way to get the "perfomance" option in CCC ? because I don't have it and I tried everything with the -xcl thing to get it ... I even reinstalled 12.11 drivers (I'm currently with 13.3 beta 3)

Can someone help ?

Crap. It doesn't look like the new patcher is coming at all. Anyone fancy swapping a dell 021 bios 7970m for a dell 017 bios 7970m?

Only if that swap involves me getting a .017 7970m!

The patch could come eventually, but there have been mentions of somewhat confounding voltage irregularities in the new vBIOS packages. At least times were good before Dell/AMD started breaking everything :upset:

I have a problem with DP on my 7970m in M15x, it is with 015.022, from what I read I can;t downgrade vbios to some more DP compatible version, am I right ?

BR,

Ivan

what is the problem with it? I also have a 7970m in a m15x

Only if that swap involves me getting a .017 7970m!

The patch could come eventually, but there have been mentions of somewhat confounding voltage irregularities in the new vBIOS packages. At least times were good before Dell/AMD started breaking everything :upset:

I dont think they changed the hardware? If not its just the bios thats a bitc*, no?

The newer cards can change voltage via software, but starts to throttle like its not getting enough power :s