M17x r3 battery not charging

I have stopped using my laptop's battery for quite a while now and the last time I tried to plug it in and try it, the battery just didnt want to charge... Maybe the battery is dead? Is there a way I can bring it back to life?

You can try a power drain but it seldom works. Remove the adapter and battery and hold the power button down for 30-60 seconds. Insert the adapter and boot. Shut down and then insert the battery and adapter and boot. I doubt it will work but worth a try. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would sugest that problem is dead chip in charger or motherboard which sends signal to tell that it is genuine from Dell or there is other problems in charger. Windows have build in hidden utility called Power Efficiency Diagnostics .  To open it you should run command prompt as administrator  and write command powercfg –energy 

Then after wait 60 seconds till it checks . When its done write other command energy-report.html

It should open generated report in yours default browser. Here you will see warnings . In my report there is one which say 

Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.
And this incompatible hardware is charger which is disabled and not charging battery but can run computer also with lowered settings . So there I am using other trick with free utility Trottlestop disabling Prochot . So now processor runs faster but not at its best. This trick fixing a little bit  processor speed issues but other devices like internet card is not working as it should. So you can not play online games as it random disconnecting.Also it did not fix problem with  battery charging .  So if charger chip is dead it is enough to buy new , but if it is in motherboard chip dead then need new motherboard. So I think that there should be option to change this things in bios. Just I did not find yet how.  Not sure if I find it at all. 
Edited by Just_a_man

• 3 weeks later...