The M15x doesn't care about enduro/non-enduro vbios :P There's no IGP, never was and never will... it's a curious little system which runs pretty much all cards I've put in so far, even though some needed a bit tweaking.

Nice video @Genetics! 7970m is a great card!!

I tried upgrading the vBIOS and I get an error saying there is no adapter. Anyone know what is causing this?

I need some more information, like how did you try to flash (Dos or Win), what commands you used, etc.

Ohh @svl7 thank you for the complimentary..i am glad you love it since you are the MASTER for the card :)

Many people requested to see BF3 on 7970M using m15x , i just don't have the copy of it, i would like to see the performance BF3 on 7970m too!

The M15x doesn't care about enduro/non-enduro vbios :P There's no IGP, never was and never will... it's a curious little system which runs pretty much all cards I've put in so far, even though some needed a bit tweaking.

I need some more information, like how did you try to flash (Dos or Win), what commands you used, etc.

I made a Win 98 USB stick to boot into DOS. I read on here that just going to the cmd prompt from the recovery console isn't the same. I printed out the vBIOS guide you made. From the cmd prompt I typed: atiflash -i, so I could get the list of adapters and it says there are none. When I typed: atiflash -cb 0, it says there is an error(I didn't write it down) that the file is bad. I downloaded it again and same error. This is all done on a Win 8 Pro install. The 3DMark scores are the same, sub-10k, on a clean Win 8 install I did on a spare drive.

I tried the 13.2 Beta 3 drivers today and I still can't get above 10k. Something is completely wrong here.

*Edit* I got the vBIOS flashed and still no change.

Completely weird. You don't have overheating issues but had problem with the performance. Wish i could help more..maybe we can wait for @slv7 to help you on this matter.

I guess the guy who bought my card was imagining the black screen for several hours then? I think there is an Enduro check built into some Clevo firmwares, not into the m15x. At least when he flashed to a Dell VBIOS it started to work for him. (I dunno, or he made it up)

I had a Clevo and a Dell 7970m working in my M15x, I can't remember all the Details, but I got it working with a Dell and with a Clevo vbios, I guess I would need to check some of my benchmark screenshots to figure out some of the versions which I had running. I can't remember a black screen issue... Maybe your guy reseated the card and solved it that way, the MXM connector is pretty sensitive, it can happen that the system boots but shows a black screen, had that a couple of times. Or he had some really weird vbios on the card.

I had a Clevo and a Dell 7970m working in my M15x, I can't remember all the Details, but I got it working with a Dell and with a Clevo vbios, I guess I would need to check some of my benchmark screenshots to figure out some of the versions which I had running. I can't remember a black screen issue... Maybe your guy reseated the card and solved it that way, the MXM connector is pretty sensitive, it can happen that the system boots but shows a black screen, had that a couple of times. Or he had some really weird vbios on the card.

Indeed. I also got black and white screen on my first installation for the card. Just re-seat and reboot few times solved the issue. As the @eastbayrae issue, i am still thinking he got a problem with the software issues.

Ok, but the thing with Clevo cards is they're not all the same VBIOS, most come with Enduro check and enduro enabled (for EM machines), but some have enduro check disabled (some the ones you get from resellers, like for HM series or if you tell them you have m15x) So I still think it looks exactly like the issue P170HM users have when they try to use the P170EM vbios, black screen due to enduro check in VBIOS, then a blindflash is done to fix it. But who knows, I mean, it COULD be checked if you can flash a P1x0EM to your own card and get a black screen. Worth the time? Perhaps not.

This has to be a driver issue I am having. I have tried 5 different sets of drivers, with varying results. The worst are the non-beta drivers. When I open up Firefox I get little colored block on different parts of the browser windows. I even tried a mild O/C(900Mhz/1250Mhz) and it netted zero change.

1 : When I open up Firefox I get little colored block on different parts of the browser windows - same goes to me on new drivers released by AMD (13.1)

2 : Did you try the drivers released by Dell for their 7970m on Alienware m17x ?

Thanks.

I just tried the 13.2B4 drivers and they do the same thing. AMD's driver support is pretty bad.

Does your CCC appears like this when you are using 13.1 (for example) ? :

post-6998-14494994249792_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you also have good DirectX version (Mine is version 11 under Windows 8 Pro).

@nylon - No problem bro, i'm going to do performance test for new release games like Crysis 3 and Aliens Colonel. But at the moment, i am extremely busy with my real life.

Have fun with your 7970m!

hi t|i forum!

just ordered a 7970m at mxm upgrade today, after unsuccessfully trying a gtx 675m in my m15x!

i should have earlier found forums like this!

can't wait to see the performance, my 260m definitly has to retire!

thanks @Genetics for those nice vids!

Hello everyone!

I'm new here but i love this thread. it helps me with everything i need. I do have one question though that i'm a little confused about.

If i was to upgrade my m15x from a 260m to the 7970m sold my mxm-upgrade, does it come with the right bracket that I will need? I want to upgrade, but i'm not certain what comes with the card from this provider and what doesn't.

Thank you for your time :)

It should come with the Clevo bracket... so you would need different screws in order to mount the heatsink. The screws on the M15x heatsink have a different size than the ones Clevo uses.

It should come with the Clevo bracket... so you would need different screws in order to mount the heatsink. The screws on the M15x heatsink have a different size than the ones Clevo uses.

Ah yes you mentioned that before. Sorry it got a little confusing after reading that many posts!

I will be using a lot of information that you have provided in previous posts to aid with the swap. When i'm finished i would love donate to you as thanks. You're a very helpful individual :)