Hi I am using Belkin DP/DP cable, also my monitor is Dell U2412 with DP port.

All this cable and monitor was working fine on my old HD5850, so I don;t think this is cable/monitor issue. Also what I see is that Digital Display Audio, say not plugged in which mean that system don;t detect Digital out/ DP/ HDMI interface at all.

BR,

Ivan

No one is replaying this is sad,

Also I think that maybe problem is with new Dell Vbios, but this is only my suggestion.

Card Version is 015.022 which I think is latest one,

I am wondering if some one tested DP with this Vbios, also is it possible to downgrade this Vbios to some lower version which support DP for sure.

Another issue that I face is that I think with some drivers card don;t go to 1200/850 and performance is bad. I do fresh install on Windows 8, and do some tests with drivers, but DP still not working.

Svl7 Please show-up in forum and give your opinion :)

BR,

Ivan

No one is replaying this is sad,

Also I think that maybe problem is with new Dell Vbios, but this is only my suggestion.

Card Version is 015.022 which I think is latest one,

I am wondering if some one tested DP with this Vbios, also is it possible to downgrade this Vbios to some lower version which support DP for sure.

Another issue that I face is that I think with some drivers card don;t go to 1200/850 and performance is bad. I do fresh install on Windows 8, and do some tests with drivers, but DP still not working.

Svl7 Please show-up in forum and give your opinion :)

BR,

Ivan

maybe most people don't reply, because they don't have a clue.. like me.

i have a clevo card, DP doesn't work.. as soon windows loads, the second monitor turns black and shuts off.

i think @Genetics is one of the few users here having a DELL card and are able to use the DP.

unfortunaly he is having his wedding celebration.

about your clocks issue, have you tried svl7s underclock vbios? i got my card running with the 0.950v vbios, runs like a charm. no problems at all!

Hi Nylon,

I think me and u stuck in this DP problem but I will go to bottom....

My card is supposed to be Dell, or at least I buy it to be Original Dell card from NBR Marketplace.

Unfortunatly he is with most resent Dell Vbios 015.022.

I think but I am not sure that this is root of my DP problems.

Btw in my case DP not working at all not in boot not in windows. Also in windows what I see is that In sound settings it say HDMI sound not plugged in, and this sound device is found 6 times.

About performance settings I installed latest beta drivers and now it work fine for now, but I still testing. One more thing I think is interesting, card seems to not go to 850/1200 at all before I installed Dell OSD driver"....... After Installed it all run flowless.

I had DisplayPort working on my Dell 7970m and on the Clevo 7970m. In order to get audio per HDMI/DP to work on the Clevo I had to use the Dell vbios and the Dell audio driver. I was always on the latest EC and BIOS... I have really no clue why it doesn't work for some.

Try uninstalling the drivers and make a clean install. Reset your BIOS, power drain...

I had DisplayPort working on my Dell 7970m and on the Clevo 7970m. In order to get audio per HDMI/DP to work on the Clevo I had to use the Dell vbios and the Dell audio driver. I was always on the latest EC and BIOS... I have really no clue why it doesn't work for some.

Try uninstalling the drivers and make a clean install. Reset your BIOS, power drain...

Already done with clean install, but was same story, about sound I don,t think it is driver related, since it say not plugged in like it have driver but device is missing.

I will try to reset bios, and will ket you know result.

Btw you have 015.022 isntaled on dell card?

Already done with clean install, but was same story, about sound I don,t think it is driver related, since it say not plugged in like it have driver but device is missing.

I will try to reset bios, and will ket you know result.

Btw you have 015.022 isntaled on dell card?

svl7 doesn't have his 7970m cards anymore afaik.

i have the 015.017 dell vbios on my clevo.

hi mates, looking at this thread i've read about a strange issue with 7970m: i'm running this card in a msi gx660 laptop, chipset pm55, cpu i7 840qm, 8gb ddr3.

The card (dell type, bios 15.017)installs properly the drivers and everything seems perfect but it works only in 2d mode!

Frequencies are stuck to 300/150 @ 0,900v and in this way can also run msi kombustor stress test for hours (reaching max 42°C, due to low performance state).

AC power is connected to a working dell 180w psu but to be sure i've tried also a 240w psu and the original 150w...nothing changes.

Vga can't switch 3d frequencies at 850/1200 @ 1,050v, no matter if i've changed every catalyst since 12.8 to latest one, no matter if i've flashed different vbioses from svl7 collection pack....

Win 7 64bit fresh installation.

Is this vga card damaged someway? need some suggestions from you, boys!

hi mates, looking at this thread i've read about a strange issue with 7970m: i'm running this card in a msi gx660 laptop, chipset pm55, cpu i7 840qm, 8gb ddr3.

The card (dell type, bios 15.017)installs properly the drivers and everything seems perfect but it works only in 2d mode!

Frequencies are stuck to 300/150 @ 0,900v and in this way can also run msi kombustor stress test for hours (reaching max 42°C, due to low performance state).

AC power is connected to a working dell 180w psu but to be sure i've tried also a 240w psu and the original 150w...nothing changes.

Vga can't switch 3d frequencies at 850/1200 @ 1,050v, no matter if i've changed every catalyst since 12.8 to latest one, no matter if i've flashed different vbioses from svl7 collection pack....

Win 7 64bit fresh installation.

Is this vga card damaged someway? need some suggestions from you, boys!

I have simmilar problem on my M15x, it alweys stay low clock, than I find out that maybe this was related with my OSD driver probably because somehow without this driver system was in stelth mode. After I installed it clock go high, but still did,t go 850/1200, this was with latest oficial driver from ati site. Then I download I think 13.1 Beta 4 from some site benchmark3d, and all work flowless at the moment. Hope this will help you.

I have simmilar problem on my M15x, it alweys stay low clock, than I find out that maybe this was related with my OSD driver probably because somehow without this driver system was in stelth mode. After I installed it clock go high, but still did,t go 850/1200, this was with latest oficial driver from ati site. Then I download I think 13.1 Beta 4 from some site benchmark3d, and all work flowless at the moment. Hope this will help you.

it sounds very interesting, can you post a link so i can try?

What do you mean for OSD driver? do you mean vga drivers or a specific one for lcd panel?

it sounds very interesting, can you post a link so i can try?

What do you mean for OSD driver? do you mean vga drivers or a specific one for lcd panel?

OSD is on screen display, but it also enable some specific buttons, on my M15x, one of this buttons is stelth mode which i think limits power so u have more battery life. So in fact in you case with msi notebook this will not work, but maybe you you shoud look if there is somethig like this, i remember i have something simmilar on my assus before power for gear or something, which again limit power.

But i suggest you to first test beta 13.2 drivers from benchmark3d Drivers Search – BenchmarK3D

OSD is on screen display, but it also enable some specific buttons, on my M15x, one of this buttons is stelth mode which i think limits power so u have more battery life. So in fact in you case with msi notebook this will not work, but maybe you you shoud look if there is somethig like this, i remember i have something simmilar on my assus before power for gear or something, which again limit power.

But i suggest you to first test beta 13.2 drivers from benchmark3d Drivers Search – BenchmarK3D

thanks for sharing, i'll report!

Hi all,

I am a proud owner of the m15x with an i7 740cpu and ati 5850 and recently bought a 7970 from eurocom. However I have a question regarding the heatsink. Eurocom provided me with new screws which are smaller for my new gpu but the ones on my heatsink seem to be stuck or at least cannot be removed. Anyone else encounter this problem? How do I remove the screws on my heatsink?

I did install the 7970 and put the m15x back together but the heatsink isnt screwed back onto the gpu. I started the labtop and it seems to be working, at least the temperatures are around 45 degrees celcius at idling but after a few minutes the m15x shuts itself off. My guess is because I did not screw the heatsink onto the gpu.

I hope someone can help me out.

Regards,

Grommar

It's of utter importance to use the screws to mount the heatsink, else you will damage your card with heat.

If you want to use the eurocom backplate then you will also need to use the eurocom screws. The M15x screws are hold in place with little washers, you need to remove them in order to replace the screws with the one eurocom provides.

This afternoon I removed the washers from the screws and now the heatsink is properly installed onto the gpu.

Also another question that I have. My m15x is from the US. For the 7970 upgrade to work I need the 240w ac adapter instead of the 150w. As I am going to europe for my vacation I might get the 240w adapter in europe but will that one work since my m15x is from the US, or will it give a voltage difference and therefor my system will become unstable?

Regards,

Grommar

At the moment I have access to a Clevo 7970m here and just tested the 015.019 Clevo vbios, DisplayPort to HDMI works perfectly, connected it to a 1080p screen. I had to adjust the scaling setting in CCC a bit in order to get the best result, but that's it.

Gonna test some more vbios version just to make sure.

EDIT: I tested nine different vbios versions, seven of them work perfectly fine, including DP/HDMI. The two which don't work are the Clevo P150EM vbios (015.018) and the only MSI vbios I have, both resulted in a black scree (internal laptop display) and also no picture on DP/HDMI.

Where to check mobo revision ?

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment I have access to a Clevo 7970m here and just tested the 015.019 Clevo vbios, DisplayPort to HDMI works perfectly, connected it to a 1080p screen. I had to adjust the scaling setting in CCC a bit in order to get the best result, but that's it.

EDIT: I tested nine different vbios versions, seven of them work perfectly fine, including DP/HDMI. The two which don't work are the Clevo P150EM vbios (015.018) and the only MSI vbios I have, both resulted in a black scree (internal laptop display) and also no picture on DP/HDMI.

Maybe it is related o my mobo revision, where to check it ?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i have the 015.017 clevo vbios and no DP.

would that vbios you tested maybe work for me?

can you supply me with that 015.018 vbios?

i'd go so nuts if that worked! i'll spend some beer then!!

Read again, that version will result in a black screen. You say you have a 015.017? That's probably a Dell vbios. What's the exact version string (check GPU-Z)?

Read again, that version will result in a black screen. You say you have a 015.017? That's probably a Dell vbios. What's the exact version string (check GPU-Z)?

arg, i ment the 015.019.. sorry i was freaking out aleady! ;b

exact version string is:

015.017.000.001.042717 (113-C42904A1-117)

it's card from mxm-upgrade, it shipped with the dell vbios.

then i flashed your UC 0.950v vbios.