Question about I/O on Zbook 17 G1

Hello,

I would like your knowledge to help me understand some things i don't understand in a post.

I'm currently retrieving the most information i can to buy and use an egpu expresscard or thunderbolt in the nexts months.

This post talk about the TB in the g1/g2 series and the expresscard functionality :

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/7425-warning-hp-zbook-1517-g2-has-non-functional-expresscard-slot/

I looked in my bios config and found that my expresscard slot was capable of Gen2 but does this post talk just about the TB2 part or can i have a way to know if i have a Gen2 part in my laptop ? ( second-hand laptop )

Also if my thunderbolt is Gen2, can i use an Akitio Thunder 2 egpu enclosure ? i know that it is for mac but i have already seen someone use it with windows. ( but without much more info )

Just a thing, i can't for now at least disassemble my laptop so if i can have a way to know by software it would be superb.

Specs :

HP Zbook 17 G1

i5-4330m 2C/4T 2.80GHZ

Quadro K3100m

16 GB DDR3

Thanks.