EVGA SR-2 Build

ran 3dmark 11 : P7210

GPU score: 9353

physx score : 4415

combine score : 4078 .

Does these score's look like gpu is been bottlenecked? but I got 9353 GPU score though , at stock speed.

edit: why doesnt my 3dmark link work , it worked before.

Edited by evgasr2

@Jimbo my condolences for your loss... I am so sorry bro!

EVGASR2 perhaps you should look into strictly PCI E based SSD drives as they are the fastest in the world currently over even SATA6gbs... so go for a PCI based SSD drive

Z-Drive R4 Solid State Drives – C Series

Z-Drive R4 Solid State Drives - RM Series

Z-Drive R4 RS Series Solid State Drives

this server one is off the hook!

Z-Drive R4 CloudServ

6gb/s reads and writes... 800K iops @ 4kb and 1,400K max IOPS :) probably not affordable though lol

lol thats real cheap... I spend that in a day :P

no really though for real there are models that are just a bit above the SSDs you were looking at....

Amazon.com: OCZ Technology Revo Drive 3 X2 Series 480 GB PCI Express 8 GB-s Slim - RVD3X2-FHPX4-480G: Electronics

Amazon.com: OCZ Technology 240 GB RevoDrive X2 Series PCI-Express x4 Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSDPX-1RVDX0240: Electronics

Amazon.com: OCZ RevoDrive 3 X 2 240 GB PCI Express 4 GB-s Slim Solid State Drive - RVD3X2-FHPX4-240G: Computers & Accessories

you probably thought I meant those literally. Lol maybe you'll like these better... they have cheaper lower capacity drives than this but I can guarantee currently a PCI-E based SSD will outperform the top Sata drives that I have seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks mate!! for the info , didn't know that it wont work in my SR-2 , I was like searching for those drives allover the forums , lol , nvm at last found one for 100$ , its a OCZ 50GB revodrive..

so what else is my choice ? an Corsair force gt ?

thanks

Revodrives don't work in SR-2s, it's a known issue.

well not by me :P thanks for the update :) I had a DOH! moment

BTW Jimbo you mention no Revodrive... will other PCI-E SSD run in his SR-2? Or is that the problem.

Edit:

Can the SR-2 manage a bootable PCI-Express SSD (RevoDrive, for example) ?

apparently here a few people do have them working in SR-2 and a few don't.. seems a combo of installing OS a certain way, setting in safe mode after install all power saving features to off before its first normal boot (so high performance no HDD turning off at idle) and also having the drive in PCI#1 at install and befor efirst boot and the safe mode thing... place the PCI cards back in order IE vid card in first few slots and then revodrive in a subsequent slot...

just a thought and i am new to any of this so dont fully understand the comlications of this SR-2. also that post mentioned some of the ways to use the PCI-E lanes as you were having that one card appear in a lower times like x4 vs x16 and someone explained it in there.

Intels 910 series is interesting as they are no affordable now except the mentioned budget version someime soon they may be as SSD trends are lowering in cost. Intel launches 910 series 800GB PCIe SSD with 2GB/s read speeds

25nm MLC "Intel states the 910s can cope with 10 full drive writes every day for 5 years. That translates to around 14 Petabytes of data written to the SSD before you start worrying about failure" "read speeds of 2GB/s and write speeds of 1GB/s"

for now a plain SSD pair or even 3-4 will run great at current market price and who knows maybe RAID them... Intel RST is to recieve TRIM pass through for raided SSD supposedly 2nd quarter this year :)

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 1

For SSDs go the Vertex 4, it has amazing incompressible data performance and the new firmware puts it firmly in the performance bracket with the fastest of the sandforce drives. Also it won't have the BSOD issues drives with the sandforce controller are notorious for. You could RAID a pair if you're keen, that will give you spectacular performance, however beyond that the price paid for extra performance rises steeply for not much gain IMO.

The Dynix paste should be fine for now, put the MX-4 in when you get it, you should see a drop in temps.

Sucks on shipping for the elyssium. Can't really help you there I don't think...

Pics look great and you're already doing nicely in benchies. Those SR-2s are beast, just wait till you get a second CPU in there (I would make that a priority BTW)....

• Thumbs Up 1

cant wait until intel releases it's new beasts , so for now I should go with vertex 4 , I should start searching for one from now :Banane09:. I'm new to raid thing , do you know how to set it up ?

along with MX-4 , I ordered Phobya 7W/mk thermal pads , so when I receive both , il start repasting this beast :Banane41:.

yes shipping is damn high, may be I should wait till I find enough funds to get it , because I spent it on my ssd , hehe .

your scores are damn great , your a great overclocker , not like me , im all new to this .

at my first run , the E5603 processor was at 1.6GHZ , so the 3dmark 11 first bench fps nerver reached over 30 fps , so I restarted and overclocked the processor to 2.5Ghz and did the 3dmark11 then the fps jumped to 64 fps . do you think the vga card is been bottlenecked by the processor even though I have overclocked ?

I guess I should replace my current one or get another one and install it in second slot.

thanks mate

Edited by evgasr2

OMG!!!

HEHEHE , just got my Arctic MX-4 , is it worth to wait until I get the thermal pads or should I apply MX-4 all over the ram chips and the other parts where thermal pads are present. is it dangerous to use this on those places?

thanks

edit: vram chips

Edited by evgasr2

It will always be one thing or the other holding you back, I would say however that the CPU is definitely the weak link. In terms of CPUs, see how high you can get the 5603, then decide whether to get another one or sell it and aim for a pair of better chips.

RAID is exceedingly easy to set up, just have a look on youtube.

I would wait for the thermal pads.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm no OC pro, get another CPU in there with them both running 3ghz+ and you'll see your scores skyrocket. :)

Then another 6990, and sitting around hoping the 5690s drop in price. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG!!!!

I applied thermal paste all over these places : post-2997-1449499323347_thumb.jpg

it was an mx-4 20g tube , so I didnt mind about the wastage , on some place thermal paste was over applied and it was also falling into pcb , like near the volt regulaters , I mean the small chips like thing , not the vram , its is in the size of small rectangle , will application of thermal paste over those place cause anyissue?

thanks

Edited by evgasr2

yes something will be holding me back, hehehe

the maximum I can reach with this CPU is 2.64Ghz but its not stable , bclk - 220 * 12 multi = 2640 , this is the highest.

even though I install the second processor , it wont be able to beat your scores , because it wont be fair 2 processors vs one .

yes another 6990 would be good , but if I had that money I would buy an nice processor.

thanks mate

... then again EVGASR2 benchmarking is benchmarking... its the same rig right.. 2:1 either way its fair... maybe someone else has a faster single cpu but you have two and they beat a lot of others hardware... its one rig.. thats how you should see it.

... then again EVGASR2 benchmarking is benchmarking... its the same rig right.. 2:1 either way its fair... maybe someone else has a faster single cpu but you have two and they beat a lot of others hardware... its one rig.. thats how you should see it.

^This. You beat me, you get props - end of story. :)

Edited by Jimbo

:| i was like 5-6 secs in wprime1024m away from getting props on beating you on the 2960XM :P you win though not getting much lower than that hehe and that was crazy for me at 4.955ghz 8thread anyway my 4.8sec 32m wprime though thats a close one :) took 5135mhz 8thread i think but exactly like Jimbo said... you beat the rig you get props straight up :)