Lenovo ThinkPad S440 Wi-FI BIOS Whitelist Removal

raqall

Hi!

I would love to have my BIOS modded to disable the wireless whitelist.
I tried to do it myself (dump BIOS from chip, disassemble, locate the reference to the error message "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in..." memory address and modify the condition in the binary file so not to "land" in the infinite loop) but I couldn't dig to anything meaningful I could easily change.

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 (TYPE 20BB-S00400)
BIOS version: 73ET71WW (1.71)
Original WiFi/BT card: Intel Wireless-N 7260 (7260HMW BN) (vendor: 0x8086, device: 0x08B2, subdevice: 0x4262)
Target WiFi/BT card: Broadcom BCM94352HMB (I haven't received it yet, waiting for delivery)

Manufacturer BIOS download: bootable ISO, updater for Windows

My BIOS dump (using CH341A SPI Programmer under Linux): http://www.mediafire.com/file/mn0gfr9ext7yqrn/S440_73ET71WW.bin/file

Thanks!

• Bios Modder
56 minutes ago, raqall said:

Hi!

I would love to have my BIOS modded to disable the wireless whitelist.
I tried to do it myself (dump BIOS from chip, disassemble, locate the reference to the error message "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in..." memory address and modify the condition in the binary file so not to "land" in the infinite loop) but I couldn't dig to anything meaningful I could easily change.

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 (TYPE 20BB-S00400)
BIOS version: 73ET71WW (1.71)
Original WiFi/BT card: Intel Wireless-N 7260 (7260HMW BN) (vendor: 0x8086, device: 0x08B2, subdevice: 0x4262)
Target WiFi/BT card: Broadcom BCM94352HMB (I haven't received it yet, waiting for delivery)

My BIOS dump (using CH341A SPI Programmer under Linux): http://www.mediafire.com/file/mn0gfr9ext7yqrn/S440_73ET71WW.bin/file

Thanks!

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
23 minutes ago, fsdgsgsgshh said:

Lenovo ThinkPad S440
I would also like to have a bios with disabled whitelist.

Hi! 

In your laptop model, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in this thread:  

You can post here or send me your file backup (dump) of bios. For creating backup (dump) of bios you need to use hardware SPI programmer.

• 1 year later...

Hi All.

I really need a BIOS for Lenovo s440 without a whitelist. I read the BIOS using CH341 but it is 8M in size (zipped 3.6M)

and I don't know how to transfer this file to you. The forum allows no more than 1M.

Huge request - help me with the firmware.

Thank you in advance!

• Bios Modder
30 minutes ago, Ajk said:

Hi All.

I really need a BIOS for Lenovo s440 without a whitelist. I read the BIOS using CH341 but it is 8M in size (zipped 3.6M)

and I don't know how to transfer this file to you. The forum allows no more than 1M.

Huge request - help me with the firmware.

Thank you in advance!

Hi!

Each bios mod prepared individually and based on your personal file backup of bios.

You can upload it into any fileserver ( for example https://www.sendspace.com ) and then post the link.

• Bios Modder
58 minutes ago, Ajk said:

Thank you very much sir! All works as expected! Have a nice day!

Ok. Thank you for your feedback!