[fixed] Camera don't work after upgrade

mav

Good evening to the new one, mav ;)

In advance i'd like to say that i wasn't the best in english at school, but euhh.. my english teacher wasn't a person were I'd like to learn english if you know what I mean :P

It was a long time ago that i upgraded the Display for my Alienware Laptop.

All i know was:

Before i had shitty 900p Resolution and i was able to get a good-used 1200p Display which was made for M17x R1 (so no RGB, the offer at DELL was about 600€, wtf?)

So buyed, incorporated and i see that Alienware Head at boot up-> It works!

Up to these Aliensense "camera login", the small Box where my Head should be in it is black.

In my Device Manager theres also an "unknown Device" which i activated manually therefore with this "fascap, FastAccess Video Capture" -> Nothing changes.

Windows couldnt find the drivers. I'ts Errorcode 28.

Someone know's the Solution? It would be glad to hear! :)

Much greetz,

mav

Was my english this bad?

Hey welcome to T|I !

You connected the web camera cable to the motherboard, right? You need to have both "fascap" and "Integrated Camera", like this:

JhDtO.png

So, do you have any "Base System Device" other than fascap?

Was my english this bad?

Btw, LOL! It's fine. :D

Yep, and that's it. I don't have "Integrated Camera", but an "Unknown Device" which has this yellow Error/ Warning plate.

Or maybe i didnt plug this cable in? I seriously don't know it. I mean for that Display i just plugged 1 cable in.

I just (yesterday) extensively cleaned up mine so I am familiar with all the cables. :D

OK so my guess to what happened. You actually forgot to plug in the cable. :P

There are several:

- wide connector that connects the screen to the motherboard

- right next to wide there is a short connector that connects the webcam to the motherboard. both go from the left.

- set of four for antennas (1 bluetooth, 3 for wifi) that goes through the right end

I will also guess that the Unknown device is in fact, a Hard Drive free fall accelerator thing. :D If it is, then the hardware ID should be SMO8800, like on this screenshot:

WWIQu.png

I did not install it so that's why I have it as Unknown device. If this is actually the webcam hardware ID should be like this:

Ztvjh.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Dude your awsome. Same letters as yours.^^

I will check tomorrow which cable is gonna hanging around x)

And euh: Where should be the cable when i open my Laptop? Somewhere behind the Display or under keyboard plate?

Glad to have you!

It seemed that the cable was plugged in before, but anyway he doesnt find it :(

I would like to say that in my upgrade was only the Panel, means that had taken off the whole Display. Maybe i find some cable that goes to the other end.

Edited by mav
better grammar :D

Uff.. what i can see behind that Panel where the Camera should be? :D

Yes, i haven't a camera in that used-new Panel, but could use that from my old Panel, Luckily.

10 Minutes screw on inclusive the Panel.

5 Minutes screw up and on the Camera.

Now: WTF?! 1h JUST for screwing on that Panel with set up the Display in that Holes.

But done :) Just seeing nothing at my Laptop.. the cable^^ Soo frustrating.

Euh: Can i set this Problem to fixed somewhere? I've already find a "Thanks" Button :)

Hey, glad it worked! I changed the thread title to include [fixed]. :)

Yes, screens can be a pain to swap. I swapped 2 LCDs so far (one on Thinkpad, one of Dell XPS) and both times it was very frustrating. So many plastic things that needed to be "popped" lol.

• Thumbs Up 1