AMD Firepro M6100 in GT683R? (MS-16F2) (and other upgrades)

depmixels

hello everyone, I have a MSI GT683R with a dying (pretty much dead actually) GTX560M in it.

I am looking to upgrade it to a new GPU, I have found a AMD Firepro M6100. (I first wanted to upgrade to a GTX970M, but that's too expensive for now... and corona is also making things difficult) I have already ordered a second heatsink to modify because I didn't want to modify the original heatsink it came with.

But, my question is. Does it even work in this system? I have heard of people getting it to work in the barebone variant of this system. But I am not sure if it would work in the 'fully loaded' variant.

Also, my games are mostly RAM/CPU dependent and I am looking for a little extra power in this system. I have found a I7-2860qm and I want to upgrade to 32GB of RAM, is it possible on this system? the sticker says 'max. 16GB of RAM' But I have feeling it says that due to the limitation of the cpu that's already on this system (I7-2630QM, 16GB RAM max.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, Lama876 said:

I've tried it in Gt780 - it does not boot, think the result will be the same for MSI GT683R

well, it does work... although you have to do it via VGA screen and use a unlocked BIOS to chan PCI ROM PRIORITY is set from EFI to Legacy.

Even though I managed to break this graphics card... it still sometimes show image, I am trying to get it to work on the internal screen

Have you tried switching to PCI Legacy on unlocked BIOS from this topic?

Does it help getting image on internal screen?

If you have these unlocked BIOSes - please send GT780 and GT683 my way :)

9 hours ago, Lama876 said:

Have you tried switching to PCI Legacy on unlocked BIOS from this topic?

Does it help getting image on internal screen?

well, that is exactly what I did and it didn't work, and no. i used a different unlocked bios. I am sorry :(

9 hours ago, Lama876 said:

btw, you are a promoted user. You can download these too right? if you can't... well i'll see what I can do for you

I didn't know there is a different unlocked BIOS, can you send it to me to try? Maybe it will help with other cards, do you have it for for only for GT683 or for GT780 as well?

Maybe changing Vendor ID to MSI ( 1462 ) in vBIOS would help? Do you know vBIOS editor that can change Vendor ID on GCN 2.0 (8000 series and up) AMD cards?

As for these BIOSes - yeah I just got promoted, downloaded a couple of BIOSes and now forum do not allow download more for some reason lol,

Funny enough I didn't got those that I was really after :)  GT683 and GT780

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 12:00 AM, Lama876 said:

I didn't know there is a different unlocked BIOS, can you send it to me to try? Maybe it will help with other cards, do you have it for for only for GT683 or for GT780 as well?

Maybe changing Vendor ID to MSI ( 1462 ) in vBIOS would help? Do you know vBIOS editor that can change Vendor ID on GCN 2.0 (8000 series and up) AMD cards?

As for these BIOSes - yeah I just got promoted, downloaded a couple of BIOSes and now forum do not allow download more for some reason lol,

Sorry for the late comment, i'll see if I could get them for you

On 3/23/2020 at 12:00 AM, Lama876 said:

I think i got them, I now hope I won't get banned.

I actually founded it a bit unfair that only subscribed/promoted people could download this.
I could understand why they did it, but there are so little amount of downloads compared to the amount of views the post has gotten. so many people.. that couldn't get their hands on them

Here's the link, i put them in a zip. uuhhh i cannot use external links so I guess.. i have to comment multiple times?

I wasn't sure exactly which bios you wanted, soooo i downloaded multiple...

Edited by depmixels
removal of external link

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, depmixels said:

I think i got them, I now hope I won't get banned.

I actually founded it a bit unfair that only subscribed/promoted people could download this.
I could understand why they did it, but there are so little amount of downloads compared to the amount of views the post has gotten. so many people.. that couldn't get their hands on them

Here's the link, i put them in a zip.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1udbT4ElOP_s3CGAdstsvCC2dztekRT16/view?usp=sharing

I wasn't sure exactly which bios you wanted, soooo i downloaded multiple...

Hi!

You should delete your external link, it's against from the forum rules!

You can read "User Account Promotion Rules" in this place:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 7 months later...