New Clevo W110ER - 11 incher with quadcore and Kepler

widezu69

New Clevo machine out just in time to clinch the performance crown from the M11x:

Gallery: Clevo W110ER / Sager NP6110 press pictures | The Verge

Looks good but looks more like a 12 inch form factor. Still, i7 3612QM and GT 650m should provide decent performance. Similar configs in other laptops have managed around 9k Vantage which is no slouch :)

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks meh (compared to M11x)... pretty much like a typical consumer class laptop. Do they have much or any competition in this 11"/12" market?

The GPU looks pretty good, but it looks like the screen is again glossy 11.6" @ 1366x768 (haven't they learned anything from M11x?).

• Thumbs Up 1

You said it :) Although, if my next laptop is a M18x, I would consider this as my road warrior. Would stop the noobs from coming up to me and and being like OMG is that the new Asus Republic of Gamers laptop or something?

LOL! :D Yeah I mean M14x, M17x and M18x are good but I don't really see either as truly portable the way M11x is. I am not sure that this is the best decision by Dell. But that said, I don't see the point in having both 17" and 18" in their offer either. 12"/13", 15" and 17"/18" would make more sense imo.

Just looking at these photos then looking at my ex-M11xR3 photos, I just can't accept it. But maybe it's just too soon. :)

Yeah I know. I mean I understand they they are going for the subtle but powerful look but put a bit more effort into design please! Also I have to say IMO, the P150EM is no where near as ugly as the toshiba and MSI offerings.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got one and I am very happy with it :)

P2430 on 3d Mark 11 on Battery (not connected to PSU :)

I like the simple design and the power is amazing. Unfortunatly no Display Port, which makes it useless on an Dell U2711 (no way to get 2560x1440 @60hz :S)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I like the simple design and the power is amazing. Unfortunatly no Display Port, which makes it useless on an Dell U2711 (no way to get 2560x1440 @60hz :S)

Pretty decent score, congrats on the purchase.

• 2 months later...

How are the temperatures when gaming and normal use?

agreed. i only wish they change the screen to a matte one with 1440x900 res and add a backlit kb like on more powerful models. also, while overclocking the temps can climb up to 87C even with thermal grease replacement, Sager should look at this issue as well. All in all this is one really great laptop for averyday usage)

• 1 month later...

Mirror all your thoughts. The clevo does look bland. However, there isnt anything else in the 11 12 inch category that has that much power. The closest I can think of is the Lenovo y480 .(14 inch, gt650 card in Asia) However, the 1.7kg weight of the clevo is not to be dismissed.. The heating issues apparently can be slightly tackled using Prema's bioses.( by undervolting) some users get half an hour to an hour more batt life that way ( only 3.5 hours to begin with, quite miserable. 4.5 hours makes it so much better)

The resolution is fine for a 11 inch actually.. (IMO) The m11x suffered from poor contrast ratios. very washed out colours

• 1 year later...

Has anyone else had the loose hinge issue with the Clevo W110ER as shown in this YouTube vid:

Seems like where the hinge is screwed to the bottom part plastic case has cracked resulting in the hinge being no longer fixed to the case?

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else had the loose hinge issue with the Clevo W110ER as shown in this YouTube vid:

Seems like where the hinge is screwed to the bottom part plastic case has cracked resulting in the hinge being no longer fixed to the case?

No, I've owned my w110er for over two years now and structurally it's still very sound. That vid is the first time I've seen that issue.