NVIDIA 436.02 Driver Release: Integer Scaling, Ultra Low Latency Mode, Freestyle Sharpen, Performance Improvements

Brian

• Founder

Well that didn't take long for NVIDIA to respond to Navi. The new 436.02 Game Ready Driver adds the following features:

Game Ready

• Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade, and World War Z

Gaming Technology

• Adds Beta support for GPU Integer Scaling
  • Adds Beta support for Ultra-Low Latency Mode
  • Adds support for new Freestyle Sharpen Filter
  • Adds support for new G-SYNC compatible monitors

Driver release notes: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/436.02/436.02-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf
jpg.jpg

This isn't the old max pre-rendered frames setting, its supposedly a new improved algorithm that matches AMDs anti-lag feature for Navi.

Next up is support for integer scaling which Intel recently announced but it seems NVIDIA beat everyone to the punch. Unfortunately, this is only for Turing for now:
jpg.jpg

Additionally NVIDIA has created a new filter for FreeStyle simply called "Sharpen" which improves performance and visual clarity that is supposed to be on par with RSI but with much broader support and granular adjustment. According to Eurogamer, "They also point out that the amount of sharpening can be adjusted from 0 to 100 per cent, applied on a per-game basis and works with games across all major graphics APIs: DX9, DX11, DX12 and Vulkan".
jpg.jpg

Finally, the driver brings with it some game performance improvement, including very popular titles like Apex Legends which sees up to 23% boost at 1080p:

jpg.jpg

Overall a pretty solid release, it had some issues earlier when it was released with GeForce Experience being force installed but it should be remedied by now.

View full article

• Founder
2 hours ago, Dr. AMK said:

Do you recommend updating to this driver for all older GPU's like the GTX 9xx/m, 10xx and the RTX?

Yes although Kepler notebook support is discontinued w/this driver release unfortunately. However Maxwell/Pascal/Turing do well with this driver and I'd recommend upgrading. Integer support is currently only for Turing but I'm hoping NVIDIA makes it available to Maxwell/Pascal once it's out of beta.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 7:00 AM, Brian said:

Yes although Kepler notebook support is discontinued w/this driver release unfortunately. However Maxwell/Pascal/Turing do well with this driver and I'd recommend upgrading. Integer support is currently only for Turing but I'm hoping NVIDIA makes it available to Maxwell/Pascal once it's out of beta.

I'm also hoping that nvidia will make the integer scaling available to the older Cards.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I dont know how integer scaling is a turing feature when the hardware demand is going to be minimal considering the exact content its going to be used for.

it should(theoretically) be easily implemented in maxwell/pascal cards