Lenovo ThinkPad X250 / X260 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

• Bios Modder
1 minute ago, bazivazi said:

Can you tell me how this can be fixed?

We can try to replace the ME region in your bios with a known good one. There is no certainty that this will help, but you can try. In this case, you will need hardware SPI programmer. Just read the first post of this thread.

• Bios Modder
18 hours ago, SigurdWarp said:

Hi,

I have prepared my BIOS for you to be modified. The bin file is 16MB, can I sent this via Mail to you or is dropbox possible?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sigurd

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
50 minutes ago, Spark said:

Hi,

I need to remove white list wwan modem from lenovo x 250 bios. I have a bios .bin file from my laptop.  

Can some one modify by bios? 

Hi!

What happens now if you install your WWAN modem into laptop?

Hi!

What happens now if you install your WWAN modem into laptop?

I want to replace my old wwan card to faster one. When I change wwan card to new one I receive message " 1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card (1199/9078)

2101: Detection error on SSD1 (M.2)"

My old wwan card is: Sierra EM 7345

My new one is: Sierra EM 7455

• Bios Modder
54 minutes ago, Spark said:

I want to replace my old wwan card to faster one. When I change wwan card to new one I receive message " 1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card (1199/9078)

2101: Detection error on SSD1 (M.2)"

My old wwan card is: Sierra EM 7345

My new one is: Sierra EM 7455

Ok. You can post here or send me your bios dump, or upload your file bios dump into any fileserver and post the link.

In Lenovo ThinkPad X250, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread.

So, for creating backup (dump) of bios you need to use hardware SPI programmer only.

Ok. You can post here or send me your bios dump, or upload your file bios dump into any fileserver and post the link.

In Lenovo ThinkPad X250, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread.

So, for creating backup (dump) of bios you need to use hardware SPI programmer only.

Yes, I know that. below is link to my bios dump prepared by SPI programer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1adA2tbpXk2oohl9eNyXYtDv2Fjvo_WM2/view?usp=sharing 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Klem, I am new to this forum. I have got a Lenovo X260 today and when I tried several WWAN network cards in it, I got the dreaded message that they were not allowed. I think the whitelist needs to be removed in the bios - is this programmer an appropriate one to use please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203585702653?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2f66a74afd:g:0ZUAAOSwEyFhKz8Z&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAAA4HjWmOnkfVOMSkMnhb83Yv%2B75l%2FiOc%2FxkTr%2F0XX2pmTSgDlvLNG0Ce0Ys528Sprjig51gmXRjLLn6PBxIImDTY%2BDtRnybTyZw6TM0pm6t17Ax7OcJRJ2OWgetZ%2FCOFtRtAyrBe6jFwkEMsax%2FDwy9el3o%2FlihDs%2BKrGYKP5i9wugv9i070c4qWjo%2Bfz5fl2EKqeXozNyHSaEKndWDgd4Rb0yJDdbvNq%2Br7VNrE7esK4OOhKi81raCOjk%2F%2FtmPlhYlc5qR7LWoYd001YHIE7srL4NS3BWDJRoBPvZ4xVd%2FoNh|tkp%3ABFBMlMqToZVg

CH341A BIOS USB Programmer Flasher Writer 24 25 Series EEPROM SOP Clip Adapter

If I dump the BIOS with this programmer, will you unlock it for me please?

Many thanks, Bill

OK, I am afraid my first question is - where is the BIOS chip on my X260? I have looked at many pictures and have the motherboard visible but it is not clear which is the BIOS chip!

Help please...

On 5/10/2022 at 12:21 AM, radiomean said:

OK, I am afraid my first question is - where is the BIOS chip on my X260? I have looked at many pictures and have the motherboard visible but it is not clear which is the BIOS chip!

Help please...

hello the bios chip is generaly near the button cell i can't get picture without the piece of platic on the motherboard so i can't indicate you the position but if you can send me a picture of your mb without the platic i will be able to tell you where is your bios chip 

20 hours ago, rsk said:

hello the bios chip is generally near the button cell i can't get picture without the piece of plastic on the motherboard so i can't indicate you the position but if you can send me a picture of your mb without the plastic i will be able to tell you where is your bios chip 

Hi, thanks, I think I have now identified that it's on the *back* of the motherboard, and I was looking on the front. I have a photo of the position from Allservice.Ro as well:

X260-bios.jpg

Many thanks for your reply!

• 4 months later...
  • Bios Modder
14 hours ago, ata said:

Hi,

I need to remove white list wwan modem from lenovo x 260 bios to use any 4g modules like HP laptops modules HUAWEI ME906S.

Can some one modify by bios? 

Hi!

What happens now if you install your new WWAN modem into your lenovo X260 laptop?

4 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

What happens now if you install your new WWAN modem into your lenovo X260 laptop?

unauthorized wwan network card is plugged in.power off and remove it!

Can you help me?

It for removing whitelist on WWAN network card.

x260

core i5-6300u

wwan card :EM7455 for dell

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, ata said:

unauthorized wwan network card is plugged in.power off and remove it!

Can you help me?

It for removing whitelist on WWAN network card.

x260

core i5-6300u

wwan card :EM7455 for dell

In Lenovo ThinkPad X260, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Klem,

Attempt #2 at writing this, not sure if it got posted -- Im just curious if this thread is still active and your services are still available. I have an X260 that needs the bios modded to remove the WWAN and WLAN whitelist. I can provide a bios dump tomorrow.

Thank you

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, jackp said:

Klem,

Attempt #2 at writing this, not sure if it got posted -- Im just curious if this thread is still active and your services are still available. I have an X260 that needs the bios modded to remove the WWAN and WLAN whitelist. I can provide a bios dump tomorrow.

Thank you

Hi!

In Lenovo ThinkPad X260, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread.

• 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
20 hours ago, uwyref said:

Hi @Klem,

I have Thinkpad X250 and need to change for newer WIFI and WWAN card.

So please remove WIFI and WWAN card whitelist.

If possible you can add mod like advance menu and any other devices whitelist removal .

Thank you.

My X250 bios dump

Hi!

I checked your file bios dump, unfortunately it's not correct.

You need to read your bios dump from your bios chip again, may be multiple times and compare them in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

If you will meet with some problems with read bios dump from your bios chip, then try to use different software version.

All software versions for Ch341A programmer I placed into this link:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/zqatr9

I recommend you use software AsProgrammer_1.4.1