Planetside 2

• Founder

I liked the first one a lot when it was released. Hopefully this one is even more massive with better combat than bf3.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I signed up for the beta but no word yet, thinking about getting a pcgamer april issue to get a beta key if I can find one that is. Will be great fun to finally play this game on a machine that can handle it. I didn't build my first gaming machine for myself until a few years after Planetside 1 came out. Tried to get the old game as its free to play right now but can't seem to find the game in a working state.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Founder
the game is officially released as of a few days ago. trading in my galaxy tab for a i3 ultrabook which can play this. I will be on the game most of the time an will update here with my game info. Should be playing by monday or tues. the latest.

Even my 680m sli struggles with this game when details are turned up, how are you going to pull it off with an Ultrabook?

Sent from my GT-N7000

The game is currently still very attached to the cpu. I have one Aspire 7740 and must still play on the lowest graphics settings with 10-20 fps, with mass slaughter, the game hangs even have to ... I hope they will all improve.

thats strange the specs say much less gpu is needed. they also claim its more cpu then gpu. will find out more monday I guess. I will set graphics to lowest if need be. I loved this game an will play lol. If I get lucky in the next month or so my bank problems will be fixed an I can finally order another m14 or 17.

- - - Updated - - -

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/PlanetSide_2 this is the link to the specs will look for better source

- - - Updated - - -

been reading an find major issues no matter the specs so I think there's a app issue at this point.

been reading forums an see high end systems with issues an low specs doing fine an everything in between. I seriously think there are some problems with the game code or something on their end. I will be finding out more when I get my system. an if all else fails the ultrabook will give me another trade up.

I just played today a little on M17x. The game looks like lots of fun, even though the graphics looks... well abysmal. Like the game was made 10 years ago. Still, it doesn't run very well -- it lags a lot on for me, regardless of the settings on visual details. It doesn't look like the game is optimized, like... at all. lol

Hopefully it eventually gets patched or something.

• Founder

Yeah the game ran like shit and didn't look that good either when I played beta. I haven't tried it since then and probably won't for another year or so until they optimize the hell out of it.

The game runs pretty good on my desktop even though I haven't had time to go to some really populated area. WIth everything maxxed I am getting about 40-60FPS in some smaller sized team fights (30ish people or so). Already missing RGB LED, btw, even though this monitor (U2412M) is pretty good too, it's just that the colors in game aren't as vibrant.

thats because they are realistic colors my friend not over the top inaccurate colors! I wish they mad 27-30 inch 1920x1200 screens. I feel that 24 inchs is a little too small. Also the game really does look like shit. I feel some bases and places are so messy looking and its annoying. Also players have this weird outline...wtf? I am really disappointed in the graphics. Also it runs like ass. Some how i go from 15FPS at stock to 45-60FPS with overclock on my 7970m. I don't know how a game that looks that shitty runs like ass. Plus i think its dumb that there is no continent lock outs and its just a never ending battle. I feel like it is like an endless BF match. I hate playing games like that. It is fun but it is highly disappointing. If i don't play with friends i wouldn't even play it. I do find it better and worse in some cases. I also feel the layout is confusing and overly complicated. I am also so so on the resources and delay times on vehicles and stuff. Also where is my favor 6 middle infantry missile launcher? I loved that thing and it was awesome! It also feels like it'll take years to get to unlocking everything which is dumb. Also max's accuracy is a 100% joke and wtf is there no "dig in" anymore? digging in was awesome to gain that extra accuracy. Also the sunder or whatever it is called has horrible weapons. The cannons from PS were way better. the 50 shot cannons blow...so weak. Anyways i am done with my rant

Lol, even i get 40-60 fps maxed out when nothings happening and i have a bare bones M14x R1. The problems when the bullets start flying, tanks my FPS to like 20-30 and its not a smooth 20-30 either T_T

IDK, im just not that motivated to play, it takes about 80 hours of actual gameplay to unlock 1 gun, assuming you dont buy upgrades in the meantime and it really doesnt feel like hundreds of people are playing per team. If you ask me it feels less populated than battlefield, and the weapons arent particularly cool, or challenging to use. IDK, I get about 5 times the fun for my time from something like Blacklight retribution. Not to mention that game looks and runs better X3

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Lol, even i get 40-60 fps maxed out when nothings happening and i have a bare bones M14x R1. The problems when the bullets start flying, tanks my FPS to like 20-30 and its not a smooth 20-30 either T_T

IDK, im just not that motivated to play, it takes about 80 hours of actual gameplay to unlock 1 gun, assuming you dont buy upgrades in the meantime and it really doesnt feel like hundreds of people are playing per team. If you ask me it feels less populated than battlefield, and the weapons arent particularly cool, or challenging to use. IDK, I get about 5 times the fun for my time from something like Blacklight retribution. Not to mention that game looks and runs better X3

That sums up how I felt about PS2 when I played it during beta. The game just isn't that fun or interesting, BF3 is much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

yea ninja thats how i feel with the whole 80 hours to get a single upgrade. I remember i was like lvl 15 or so when i quit and i only played for 6-9 months tops with PS and i was almost top level with casual to serious gaming in time. Maybe 1-2 hours a day of play

Also really pissed about the max...its weak as shit. I have been killed by a single guy before....largely because the max's accuracy is horrid. You have to be like 10 feet away to hit someone. and if your that close people can run circles around you lol. he killed me too with one clip.

sad thing is i want to love the game so much but it is just a let down. Again doesn't mean i wont play it if i have time to play when you guys too and we can get a little team going but beyond that psh whatever

• 2 weeks later...

I only started playing this recently, and i think its great! Sure it has bad points but all games do. And its freaking impressive for a free game. I know of many expensive games that are far worse than this.. ;)

Anyways, gonna see how long i can play it for without getting sick of it. lol

Can anyone recommend any tutorials/guides? I've literally no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Set up a character and chose a server and then constantly had some voice bleating about a generator....

Yeah the vids in the log in start page are okay for a basic run down, watch them if you havn't already. But yeah, the object is for your empire to take over all the areas in the continent which is done by charging in a compound and taking out the generators which are the Shield and other icons on your map. This takes down the Shield so you can enter the facility with force and sit on A marker, there are others C,D in some other compounds. Take them over!! Also other way around, defend your area from being taken over.. Just join a big Platoon and follow.. lol ;)