Tech | Inferno sold to AF Equipment LLC.

Brian

• Founder

post-5-14494992927324_thumb.jpg

Well guys, we have some rather surprising and exciting news. T|I has been sold to AF Equipment LLC who will take over operations immediately.

Their primary business is manufacturing equipment for fire fighters and other fire suppression equipment so they plan to use the domain in that capacity. As such, this site will be overhauled by the new owners in the near future.

Thanks to all our loyal crew and sorry for the short notice. We finalized the agreement very recently and once we have more news tomorrow, we'll send out a final announcement to everyone.

Take care.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Edited by Brian
  • Thumbs Up 3

So... does this mean T|I will become a firefighting site? What are we supposed to do, go back to NBR??

Don't mean to sound harsh, just shocked.

Apologies if I've misunderstood something.

EDIT: What about all the great info here? Will it be retained somewhere at least?

Edited by Jimbo

• Founder

As part of the agreement all of the content of the site and forum are transferred to the new owners so I don't think we'll be able to just copy the info somewhere else.

We are currently considering to just start over in a new domain.

For now back to NBR I guess...

We're open to suggestions for a new domain name in the meantime :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

WTF do firefighters want with technical info about laptops? I was using the 2920 overclocking guides last night & about to post topic asking for help diagnosing issues!!!

F.U.C.K. Not aimed at anyone, sometimes shit happens but the more I think about this the more I realise what a big deal it is.

Feel like a loved one is dying. :(

Also emotional because my desktop just blew a hose, I have no idea how much of it is FUBAR and can't find out for at least a week. And I have exams this week and I'm freaking out about them.

I'm just going to go calm down for a while before I do something to fuck things up worse.

Edited by Jimbo

• Founder

AF Equipment approached us about purchasing the domain name for their use. Obviously we refused their offer at first because it was not satisfactory and did not coincide with our plans for the site. However, after some negotiating, we agreed to transfer all content and the domain over to them. We can't disclose how much the website was sold for but rest assured that we will return in some capacity. It may not be exactly like the T|I you guys know and love, but it will be something great.

Happy April Fools everyone! :77:

Edited by Brian

lol... for a forum full of computer wiz's and technological masters, you guys are the most gullible forum members i have ever seen rofl. I saw the first page of this thread and thought it as a troll immediately lol. I love april fool's day :D especially adblocker's cats and Google map's 8-bit quest.

So where's Jimbo now...I think someone should ring up Australia and get someone over to his house incase he's frothing from the mouth or something...

I could probably do that but I think it's best we leave him alone for a little while... for a few days at least. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Quick let me get the linching mob!!! I know Michael is in Brazil, a white guy like him will be easy to spot right there and I know Brian lives in modesto, which is in throwing distance of my Scooter. Can someone Bring the torches please? I got the pitchforks covered!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Argh ive been had by Dr.Nick. Should have went with a real doctor :P haha you had me the whole time im thinking wtf would Ferno Fighters want Tech Inferno for... lmao at Jimbo. If all TI content was gone we all would die ! Thanks for making my heart skip a beat. Just a mild arithmia is all no need to worry about me :P