Precision M6700 Expresscard RX-480 (GDC Beast V8.4d)

To anyone wondering about eGPUs on M6700s, its not too complicated, there is just a process that must be done on boot every time:
You need to have the eGPU connected and powered on before booting the laptop, once you get to the Intel RAID screen disconnect the eGPU and wait for windows to load up, once windows is loaded reconnect the eGPU and you *should* be able to use it and be able to hot-swap it (though you should disable it in windows before unplugging it) installing the normal AMD drivers worked fine for me, though the original release of Adrenaline 19.1 blue screened the first time.

I usually run with 3 1080p monitors attached to the 480, replaced my old i5 desktop with this laptop due to the convenience of storing everything on one machine, the laptop has a 256gb SSD and 2x 750GB hdds in raid 0, there is a 2TB WD black attached to the eSATA on the dock.
eGPU and external HDD are powered by a 500W evga desktop ATX psu, the EXP GDC's ATX power adapter was clunky and broke while trying to use it, so I just plugged in a CPU 4 pin cable upside down to power it, not worried about it because the bulk of power is coming from the 8 pin on the GPU anyway.
https://imgur.com/a/L2UUSL2

Edited by Mnky313