M17x R3 - BIOS A10 released

svl7

Dell just put BIOS A10 on their support site. (Check here)

They seem to have some issues with the server at the moment, the download link on the site doesn't work, so here's a direct link for you guys :)

BIOS A10 M17x R3

UPDATE: This is no longer available on the official Dell site, so I removed the dlownload link, I don't know the reason for this, but I assume they have to fix something. Probably they will come up with another version soon.

Fixes & Enhancements

Change eDP ACPI ID to support updated NV-GTX2 adjust brightness.

And as the past has shown, there are probably quite some other fixes in there as well. No word about the "SATA issue", only way to find out is to test it ;) Please report back if you update, I'm curious about the results.

Will unlock the hidden menus as soon as I find time, as long as there's some interest.

Edited by svl7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Heard from some of my peeps on NBR that it still hasn't fixed the SATA issue. No Reason for me to upgrade at this point. :(

I guess not on the SATA issue and since you dont have Nvidia GPU you dont need their "NV-GTX2 adjust brightness" fix

No one of those peeps actually tested the BIOS, they only read the change log. I don't believe anything until someone actually tested it.

Check out the direct link, it still works. Don't know why it's not on the main page though... There might be an issue, but I haven't heard a report from anybody who installed it, even on other sites, all are just saying "no mention of a SATA III fix in the changelog" and thus are saying it's crap without installing it.

I can't test it since I don't have an R3.

BIOS A10 is no longer available from the Dell site, at least not from the official link.

They might found a bug, no idea... they'll probably upload another version sometime in the near future.

BIOS A10 is no longer available from the Dell site, at least not from the official link.

They might found a bug, no idea... they'll probably upload another version sometime in the near future.

Yeah it does sound like they are planning already another version on the bios and perhaps the original issue wasn't even fixed so they pulled it before a giant mob of people complained they are issuing unneeded updates and causing unneeded downtime. your still appreciated for often Unlocking their latest bios versions when they've been tested and confirmed... :) Your a good man